Sainte Devote Celebration: 2007 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for all the information melina premiere.
Great to have someone around Monaco who keeps us informed :flowers:

Smush, I agree with you..thank you Melina for keeping us informed as to what is happening in Monaco..

If you have the flu, you tend not to be able to get out of bed at all. Let alone a few coughs and drinking water.

The flu has a beginning stage and an end stage besides the days one stays in bed.

Sainte Devote and the Church

Is this the first time Sainte Devote was celebrated in the cathedral? It might have been mentioned in the video above, but my french is non existent. From the years before I remember that they burnt the boat - what is pretty viking like, but I have no memories of processions or a mass in the cathedral.

The burning of the boeat was always on the place of Sainte Devote on january 26th and on january 27th, there was always a solemn mass at the cathedrale of Monaco. Nothing changed.

Is this the first time Sainte Devote was celebrated in the cathedral? It might have been mentioned in the video above, but my french is non existent. From the years before I remember that they burnt the boat - what is pretty viking like, but I have no memories of processions or a mass in the cathedral.

On the previous pages of this thread, you'll find many more pics of the various ceremonies (burning of the boat, mass and procession) during the last years :flowers:

Here are some more of this year's celebration:

** parismatch.com: Charlène et Albert réunis pour honorer Sainte-Dévote **

** pp gallery: Charlene et Albert de Monaco : Amour et feu sacré pour la Sainte Dévote **

** diezminutos.es gallery: Alberto y Charlene de Mónaco le piden a Santa Devota ser padres **

Thank you!

@meline premiere and @Iceflower: Thank you for your clarifications. I was totally unaware of the extent of these celebrations. And I thought the high church had hijacked them. It is somewhat strange - at least for me - to see the Prince sovereign bow down before the Archbishop.:ermm:

I must have missed the fireworks displays in previous Saint-Dévote celebrations,its a nice touch.The Mass looks like quite a solemn ceremony with the wearing of mantilas on several of the ladies.

What a "fete"!

Thank you for your videos, @Iceflower! I am not so much into religion, but these are gorgeous celebrations for the protective patron of Monaco, Santa Devota. And honoring her - that can't do damage...

Watching Sainte Devote service live on Monaco Channel and Charlene is there.

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial

Wonderful to see Princess Charlene present and Albert II cousin Baroness Elisabeth-Anne de Massy with her daughter.

I did not expect her presence and I'm delighted !!!!

Charlene looks lovely and really, really happy. Seeing her smile like that can only bring a smile in response.

I agree with everyone. Princess Charlene looks completely radiant and stunning!

I think she has never looked better or more happy. What a great job to be out doing what's expected of her so soon

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Charlene is glowing! It's clear that a weight has been lifted off her shoulders. They look like a couple in love now.

I and some others have been saying this since the beginning: we always believed that this was a true love match between P Albert and P Charlene. And I am so happy that they just continued to live their lives amid all the nasty gossip and that more and more people are beginning to realise that they are really happy together. And I agree with posters saying that P Charlene(and P Albert too) is looking just so radiant and glowing. It really seems like a weight has been lifted off her shoulders. I'm sure she feels her life is pretty perfect right now...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Back
Top Bottom