Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Link # 1 posted by agogo, shows Charlene with her hair down. Did her hair went down by itself or she went to ladies room and combed it. But she looks quite pretty in that pic.
I like the tables decoration. I have feeling that it was very well planned ball. The performing group (I'm not familiar with them) supposed to be good one, the theme was great, IMO, the whole decoration was perfectly matching. I feel the ball was much better in reality than it appears in pics.

I think that photo is from the 2008 Rose Ball (a much better look for Charlene IMO)

I think that photo is from the 2008 Rose Ball (a much better look for Charlene IMO)

Everyone is right!! The photo is from another Rose Ball, my mistake!! It is of the 2008 ball. :eek: AAaagh!

I thought Caroline looked fabulous again. I love her sense of whimsy. Charlotte is a beautiful girl and Pierre's girlfriend looked fantastic. Charlene almost always gets it wrong. This was one of those times. My heart goes out to Tatiana and her family and I hope Ernst recovers swiftly. Caroline has a lot on her plate but does her job with dignity and grace.

Rock'n'Rose Ball

The text says that Princess Caroline had chosen the "Rock'n'Roll" theme
for this year's ball, so we can look forward to an exciting and colourful
evening under the patronage of Princess Caroline and Prince Albert :)

hello all
where is ernst? in hospital? have i missed something?
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Why some members of the family did't attend the Rose Ball

hello all
where is ernst? in hospital? have i missed something?
thanks

Several members of the family did not the attend the Rose Ball, and for good reasons. Prince Ernst slipped, fell and had to have surgery on his knee. Tatiana, the girlfriend of Andrea suffered the loss of her father. Princess Stephanie does not allways attend. No reason given as to why.

Charlotte is a great beauty...if only I had been that poised at such a young age! What a dream.

So sad about Tatiana's dad...he did not live to see her marry. And poor Ernst August...speedy recovery!

I got perfume called "Rock and Rose" for my birthday last june...it's Valentino and it does smell wonderful!

Chuck Berry

Congrats to Caro for thinking of inviting Chuck Berry to the Ball. I hoped he "rocked "their world of Balls and castles.
Deo Juvante

Andrea did attend the Rose Ball in 2007 and in 2006, you can find pics
of both balls in the older Rose Ball threads :)

Here are two pics of Alex, I'm not sure in which of the galleries pics of
him can be found..

** Alex 1 ** Alex 2 **

I thought that was the Zohan! :whistling:

A hidden Kennedy son...descended from the Hapsburg's??! Did I read that cover title of Point de Vue correctly?

Nothing surprises me anymore.

Glistening Seas

:flowers: it is indeed a beautiful cover. Word had been around that kennedy did have child but didn't know from whom?

I loved Charlotte's Rose Ball dress a few years ago. The light pink Chanel was amazing! :heart:

Point de Vue, the French Magazine, are lying about the son Andrea Casiraghi of Princess Caroline ! Point de Vue wrote : "where is Andrea ? No one can explain why andrea didn't come"

That is not TRUE !!!! We already know that the father of Tatiana, girlfriend of Andrea has passed away the same day of Rose Ball ....

I don't appreciated this Point de Vue magazine ... you know sometimes they make some errors. Its not a first time but several times (sick)

:flowers: it is indeed a beautiful cover. Word had been around that kennedy did have child but didn't know from whom?

I have heard and read about a "hidden" son but he looks NOTHING like this guy...and no. He is not descended from the Habsbourg.

This guy on the cover of Point de Vue looks more like his mother than the Kennedys...it's ironic...as a young woman she bore a striking resemblance to Jacqueline Bouvier and in the photo of the young man on the cover he looks like a Bouvier.

Oh my.....oh, dear.....where does one begin, or rather, SHOULD I even expend the energy to express my utter dismay at the - again - fashion debacle put on display by Caroline, Charlotte, and - guilt by association - Charlene? Tch tch tch tch.

Caroline: Champagne corks as a bracelet (someone give me oxygen), a hanging white curtain gown offset by a motorcycle jacket...and a motorcycle helmet filled with roses.....how charming. One would suppose there was a pack of ciggies and a lighter stashed amongst the roses.

Charlotte: "The Little Monaco Mermaid meets Elvira". That gown....oh, my dears, that gown! Tch tch tch.

Charlene: As someone else brilliantly said, her upswept, hurricane hairdo was a reminder of Cameron Diaz in "There's Something About Mary".
She also looked as if she stepped straight out from filming a 1980's
ZZ Top video. Oh, dear!

And once again, as always, like a faithful German Shephard, uber designer Herr Karl Lagerfeld, with sunglasses and Michael Jackson white gloves in place, shows up for some schnitzel and schnapps.

Love and dancing....among the ruins.

Now, time for an espresso.

Oops...I didn't have my glasses on when I perused the pics of Caroline. I NOW see that she is not wearing champagne corks on her wrists, but rather those "champagney thingy toppies" that hold the cork in! Even WORSE! Now, darlings, one may argue that this was all in fun, but REALLY!

Me thinks that Caroline should uncork a better vintage - fashion wise. The champagne has gone FLAT, dear - get thee to Donna Karan or Chanel, lickity-split! And will someone PLEASE direct Her Serene Highness to a beauty salon where the hairdresser can apply hair colouring that is not so severe? I mean, is it too much to ask?

Who knows? Perhaps Stephanie had the best time of them all - staying home with the kids and ordering in a pizza and drinking some white wine whilst watching a DVD. Now THAT is an evening Johnnie loves! ;-)

Oh my.....oh, dear.....where does one begin, or rather, SHOULD I even expend the energy to express my utter dismay at the - again - fashion debacle put on display by Caroline, Charlotte, and - guilt by association - Charlene? Tch tch tch tch.

Caroline: Champagne corks as a bracelet (someone give me oxygen), a hanging white curtain gown offset by a motorcycle jacket...and a motorcycle helmet filled with roses.....how charming. One would suppose there was a pack of ciggies and a lighter stashed amongst the roses.

Charlotte: "The Little Monaco Mermaid meets Elvira". That gown....oh, my dears, that gown! Tch tch tch.

Charlene: As someone else brilliantly said, her upswept, hurricane hairdo was a reminder of Cameron Diaz in "There's Something About Mary".
She also looked as if she stepped straight out from filming a 1980's
ZZ Top video. Oh, dear!

The theme was 1950's Rock and Roll. Caroline has a great sense of humor to put on a motorcyle jacket and put flowers in a helmet. Charlotte looked just fine. Charlene seems never to get the theme and thus does her own thing which explains the punk hairdo. I think you need to lighten up. JMO

Lighten up? Well! What is one to make of THAT? Oh, you Americans....dear, dear, dear.

Lighten up? Well! What is one to make of THAT? Oh, you Americans....dear, dear, dear.

Don't fret just tell us what you think they should wear --- give us the whole nine yards!!!

Personally I think they all looked fine- I even like Charlene's hair! at least she kept it intereseting. Did anyone one see the pic of Sarah and her daughters on the main page now that was just plain awful!

Please refrain from generally dismissing Americans. It's actually quite offensive to many and has nothing to do with the Rose Ball.

"Don't fret just tell us what you think they should wear --- give us the whole nine yards!!!"

Well, I'd love to, Hibou, but I've been kindly requested to maintain respect for all, including those from the United States of Obama, I mean, America.

But don't fret, Phila pet.

Cheers!;)

Go, Johnnie, go! I love your style.... but leave Obama out of it - he's not royal.....

Rose Ball - March 27th, 2010

This is the thread dedicated to the Rose Ball 2010.
It will take place on Saturday, 27th March 2010 at 8pm at the Monte-Carlo Sporting Club.

Take a look at the previous threads, with pics and information about the Rose Ball
in 2009, 2008, 2007, or at the special thread A Retrospective: Rose Ball - Monaco

And please take a look at the TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

* *​

The theme for the Rose Ball 2010 next month has been announced!

It will be "Morocco Rose Ball" a ball dedicated to the wonderful
country of Morocco! As every year Princess Caroline has chosen the
theme and has asked her friend the decorator Jacques Grange to
create the decoration for the Salle des Etoiles.

Oriental roses, vases specially produced in Morocco, colours insprired
by Matisse and other surprising elements will create an oriental atmosphere.

Here's the official announcement in French:

** Bal de la Rose **

What a wonderful theme, the ball has come around so quickly. :)

Back
Top Bottom