Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What went wrong, fashion wise with Caroline. Charolette looked stunning, dress, make up & hair but overall made her look way older than her age. Charlene looked nice, its nice she stood out. Pictures of dancing are lovely, also liked the ones of Charolette arriving with her friends.

OMG i cant read the whole thread right now but WHY oh WHY did Charlotte wear an all-black outfit?
I was hoping for something more playful and colorful than this black " thing" and more appropriate for her age. Come on Charlotte you're only 21 why dressing like that?!?!?!

It seemed like the "Bal de la Rose, Movida" was a great party with a great theme. Prince Albert and Charlene seemed very happy, he looked handsome with the red scarf sticking out of his pocket and she looked beautiful in that midnight blue dress and her almost platinum hair. When I first saw her pictures, her beauty really caught my eye. The only thing I would have added to her look was a pair of earrings and a bracelet. I noticed Charlotte wore the same diamond earrings Charlene wore to the Princess Grace Foundation Gala in NY. I am glad they were at the ball together and enjoying themselves.
Once Charlotte took off her jacket, I could see how pretty her dress was and how beautiful she also looked. She is such a pretty girl. Pierre looked very handsome and so did Prince Ernst. They always seem to have a good time at these parties.
Princess Caroline has never disappointed me and she looked happy and very pretty with her hair styled that way. Her earrings were amazing. However, her dress was a disappointment. Although it is a Chanel creation, it lacked in elegance and beauty, a weird Lagerfeld invention. Not her best choice. I saw someone borrowed one of her dresses, a black and white one she wore to one of the Red Cross Balls.
I enjoyed seen the pictures of them dancing and enjoying themselves. I love Princess Caroline's personality at a party. She likes to have a good time and always participates in the dancing and singing. After all she has been through, she can still smile and enjoy life.
Although Prince Albert has not announced any marriage plans, I can tell he is happy with Charlene, she is a part of his life, his family and his Monaco. She seemed more comfortable and standing right by his side as it should be after two years of having a relationship.
Does anybody know how much money was raised? It is for a good cause so I hope they did well.

Did someone else notice how much Caroline looks like Stephanie ( even if Stephanie has diserted more than 5 balls in the last few years) in those pictures? I don't know, maybe it's her hairdo, but I could hardly tell the two sisters apart.

Charlene Witsock's dress was so beautiful! Caroline's dress was frumpy and Charlotte's jacket/dress combo looked too old for her. I agree that she should have chosen something more youthful. The decor of the ball and the stage were absolutely gorgeous. It looked like a wonderful event.

Rose Ball

Caroline's dress was a big disappointment. Those lantern type ruffles were too distracting. I wonder if the outside drapped part comes off and there is a beautfual dress underneath. In addition, Caroline to me did not look really happy..a certin spark was missing.

Charlotte may of picked that dress because the jacket looks like a matador jacket...Spanish theme..

Is it just me, or do others wonder what Charlene does with the 40,000 euros (over $60,000) she supposedly gets each month from Prince Albert? Doesn't he also provide room and board? I would think that she could buy a little cache of jewelry, even if it is paste, to wear at events such as this. She looks half dressed and really stands out for her lack of jewelry next to the other guests. And this says something about Albert too. Why doesn't he notice that she is unadorned and get her something? Or is the only jewelry that she will accept from him a ring? To me, this emphasizes their disparate financial backgrounds.

Charlene's dress seems very ordinary and again with her monthly cash flow, one would think that she could get a designer to create a custom dress for her that would accent her positive physical attributes and hide the negatives, like her shoulders.

I had to laugh regarding Princess Caroline's dress. For someone that I believe was born with excellent fashion genes, this was definitely a bad dress day. Normally I marvel at her outfits. I think that the dress was great in concept on the sketch pad and followed the theme of the ball, but to actually wear it for an entire evening was a bad idea. :eek:

Is it just me, or do others wonder what Charlene does with the 40,000 euros (over $60,000) she supposedly gets each month from Prince Albert? Doesn't he also provide room and board? I would think that she could buy a little cache of jewelry, even if it is paste, to wear at events such as this. She looks half dressed and really stands out for her lack of jewelry next to the other guests. And this says something about Albert too. Why doesn't he notice that she is unadorned and get her something? Or is the only jewelry that she will accept from him a ring? To me, this emphasizes their disparate financial backgrounds.

Charlene's dress seems very ordinary and again with her monthly cash flow, one would think that she could get a designer to create a custom dress for her that would accent her positive physical attributes and hide the negatives, like her shoulders.

No, at this point, it's just you.

If Charlene added a massive necklace or giant gaudy earrings it would have ruined the whole gown. Hence less is more. The focal point, again, is the gown and the amazing color of it. The cut of the ensemble fits her perfectly. Essentially, Miss Wittstock looked fabulous.

As for the whole inane "shoulder debate" some of you need to get off it. It's old. Boring. And makes those who obsess over it seem petty, trite, and downright insecure about themselves. As a result, they pick on another for "fun."

Last edited:
Who said anything about gaudy?

A simple necklace, bracelet or something would work fine.

And maybe Charlene is just a woman who doesn't like jewelry which is more than okay.

This is just my opinion. Sorry you take offense.

Who said anything about gaudy?

A simple necklace, bracelet or something would work fine.

And maybe Charlene is just a woman who doesn't like jewelry which is more than okay.

This is just my opinion. Sorry you take offense.

Who said gaudy? I did.

And no offense taken, Flying Cat, we just have opposite opinions that's all. I respect yours even though I disagree with it and others.

:)

I thought Charlene looked radiant-and with Prince Albert on her arm she really doesn't need jewels. Don't get me wrong, if she and Albert were to marry, I completely expect to see some substantial pieces on her, but for now, no.

it seems these ball was about charlene, they are more photo of her than anyone else,i think we already know albert is going to marry her why the promotion?

Seems Caroline starts being afraid to age. I believe next what she does is some plastic surgery.
I totally agree. And to me it seems she actually aged quite visible within the last year. But she is still a good looking but of course matured lady.
I hope she doesn't continue to make a fool of herself in showing off a sagging bosome in such terrible dresses.
Charlotte's dress would have been much more suitable to her.

Last edited:
Charlenes dress was lovely, very elegant. Charlotte looked very grown up in her dress though a bit odd in her choice of color. But hey its her choice. Caroline looked very pretty. Her dress is supposed to be the latest thing on the catwalk. But the way Charlene and Albert looked at each other when dancing just dosent vibe to me that they are all that madly in love. JMO. I may not have seen all the photos though. :goodluck:

If Charlene added a massive necklace or giant gaudy earrings it would have ruined the whole gown. Hence less is more. The focal point, again, is the gown and the amazing color of it. The cut of the ensemble fits her perfectly. Essentially, Miss Wittstock looked fabulous.

As for the whole inane "shoulder debate" some of you need to get off it. It's old. Boring. And makes those who obsess over it seem petty, trite, and downright insecure about themselves. As a result, they pick on another for "fun."
She looked prettier than she has in a long time. Her shoulders are perfect - but it's kind of boaring that her dresses always focus on them.
Earrings and/or a bracelet would have made her makeover yesterday perfect.

Charlene was a star specially when you compare her with Caroline and Charlotte.
Caroline's dress or clown's costume was a big disaster. What was she thinking if she was doing that? What happen with her taste?! :eek:

Charlotte I know that she's young and she like experiment with clothes/styles. But this choice wasn't good.

She looked prettier than she has in a long time. Her shoulders are perfect - but it's kind of boaring that her dresses always focus on them.
Earrings and/or a bracelet would have made her makeover yesterday perfect.
I agree something was needed along those lines nothing to big or brassy looking but something subtle would have been a great touch. Still I think she looked good.:D

I wonder why, with a Spanish theme and many Spanish guests, Caroline and Charlotte didn't choose a Spanish designer for a change, to do their gowns. Ever since Letizia's wedding, they have been very much in the limelight, and they would have known how to give a real Spanish flair to the event, at least costume-wise. In fact, you had only to look at the stage and the Spanish dancers to see what could be done with flames of color on a black background. I remember Valentina Pozzo (sp?), Charlotte's friend, wearing a fabulous Dior gown way back when, with lots of little stripes of color, very Miro like if I remember correctly, that would have been perfect on Charlotte.

Why are the Grimaldis/Casiraghis indentured to Lagerfeld the way they are ? They can't even go to a Valentino's retrospective gala event without wearing Chanel. As far as I know, no other royal house has to show that kind of loyalty to any one designer. And Karl is beginning to have a love-hate relationship with Caroline to dress her that way. Where is her backbone to say no when she knows it's inappropriate ?

Charlotte looked regal and reminded me of Queen Rania on state visits or receiving other heads of state: her culture demands that she "buttons up" to the top, and she does it beautifully. But that is not what we expected from Charlotte, although she has now proved she will make a very suitable queen (but we always knew that).

I always enjoyed the addition of the younger generation's friends, compared to Caroline's time when Caroline was that age, but this time, a lot of the friends were missing, and you could tell there was a different current going through the room than say 2 years ago. I agree with the member who pointed out that the expressions were sometimes odd. Caroline looked sleepy, even, in some pictures, a little sick. (It seems last year she had been coming down with a cold or the flu just before the Ball, but she concealed it well.) But I sensed no great joy and miss the usual pictures of her and Ernst, their complicity when they dance together.

Charlotte looked impeccably elegant, Caroline's dress just unfortunate, the color choice for Charlene's dress is beautiful, but she needs to learn how to dress her athletic frame. The cut of the dress made her broad shoulder look like a linebacker.

Hello,

I write very seldom, because my last english lessons are 36 years ago. But I can read the hole stuff very good.

So, I think

{Removed comments about Charlotte},
Charlene impress me now more often. {Removed comment about Charlene.}
And Carolines gown looks like she comes from the Rocky Horry Picture show. Also she looks like she had some botox, her wrinkles from the last years are gone.

Sorry, but this is my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree with this completely!!! I actually applaud Charlene for being courageous enough to go for a very simple look -- a chic hairstyle, subdued make-up, and a gorgeous and tasteful gown. Earrings or a necklace may have enhanced the look, but I'd rather see her simply put than inappropriately overdone or looking like she's trying too hard.

And as for her shoulders, give her credit -- she's an athlete, her shoulders developed out of years of training for her sport. For those critical of her wearing shoulder-bearing dresses, well, what would you suggest? It's just so weird that Stephanie, who has very broad and athletic shoulders herself, does not get this much criticism if she wears halters or strapless dresses. And Charlene actually looks more proportionate than Steph because she is taller and therefore balances her shoulders.

Stephanie really has the same athletic shoulders as Charlene. I think Charlene looks like the people of the Kelly-Clan. She is blond, big and athletic. Maybe it`s one of the reasons why Albert is attracted to her.

I like her dress, but I think it was inappropriate for the theme of the ball. And she should have worn some jewellery. She looked out of place because she didn`t match with the other guests.

Is it just me, or do others wonder what Charlene does with the 40,000 euros (over $60,000) she supposedly gets each month from Prince Albert?

Does she really get money from Albert? I´ve never heard this before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Baron Jean-Léonard Taubert-Natta de Massy

I noticed in a group photo it is mentioned that Baron Jean-Léonard Taubert-Natta de Massy is next to Melanie.
First time that I have seen him noted. He is Albert's godson and Melanie's half brother.

Stephanie really has the same athletic shoulders as Charlene. I think Charlene looks like the people of the Kelly-Clan. She is blond, big and athletic. Maybe it`s one of the reasons why Albert is attracted to her.

I like her dress, but I think it was inappropriate for the theme of the ball. And she should have worn some jewellery. She looked out of place because she didn`t match with the other guests.
oh really so because she is blond she is now kelly i have seen photo of the kellys non look like her, by the way she colour that hair, the reason albert like her have to do with more than look and if it is well all that will fade away soon.:whistling:

Caroline looked like a drag queen (no disrepect meant to drag queens) in one of Almadovars movies. If I went to pick up a date for an event like the Rose Ball and found her dressed like that I would have gone stag. It was grotesque, especially on a woman of a certain age. The original version was only marginally better. She will certainly appear on several worst dressed lists at year end.

Did anyone see what Charlotte have below that awful coat? I can´t find any pic of the dress.

Back
Top Bottom