Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charlene is always avoiding any of these events with her in-laws that are such a close family group. I just read her last appearance at the Rose Ball was in 2014.

Did any of Prince Albert's two adult children were present? Note aside, Caroline has age gracefully https://www.instagram.com/p/CqOfVXzqSXv/ and avoided cosmetic work and fillers like other celebrities (I'm thinking how Madonna, much younger, has destroyed her beautiful face with fillers). I'm glad she has no fear of age.

Charlotte in close up
https://www.instagram.com/p/CqOgrM1KbIl/

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Everyone looks amazing except for Beatrice who appears straight out of a cartoon in spite of her beauty.

Charlotte for the win. She looks absolutely stunning.

:previous: As gorgeous as I have seen Charlotte look since her early 20's heyday. Her cat eye makeup is to die for!

I don't well get the theme Bollywood nor the way it has been applied by the members of the MPF.
Maybe I'm missing some knowledge about. Bollywood is India isn't it? Which dress recalled India ? Almost no-one.

Béatrice's dress was very pretty but adapted in a Gupsy theme, such as Esmeralda in Notre Dame de Paris.
Charlotte was beautiful but wich theme? Unclear.
Alexandra magnificent but totally contemporary.
Tatiana was maybe the most close to the theme.
As for Caroline? Unclear theme also but a tone down, as no full length. I think she almost never worn a non totally long dress.
I would say that almost the whole family missed the theme.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
I think Caroline was the nearest in embracing the theme with the colour of the decorative edging and the texture and shape of her gown. Otherwise, I think the family, including the men, could have made some interesting touches to their outfits to recognise the Bollywood vibe.
I think we’ve noted here in recent years, the Rose Ball appears to have been ‘gifted’ to Caroline and her family to organise . Sadly for us this seems to mean there’s less visual support from the other branches of the family, but I don’t get the impression this the cause of any rift - it’s just become the norm now they don’t attend . This may change as the twins grow up .

Last edited:
I think Caroline was the nearest in embracing the theme with the colour of the decorative edging and the texture and shape of her gown. Otherwise, I think the family, including the men, could have made some interesting touches to their outfits to recognise the Bollywood vibe.
I think we’ve noted here in recent years, the Rose Ball appears to have been ‘gifted’ to Caroline and her family to organise . Sadly for us this seems to mean there’s less visual support from the other branches of the family, but I don’t get the impression this the cause of any rift - it’s just become the norm now they don’t attend . This may change as the twins grow up .

It has not been "gifted" to Princess Caroline in recent years.

Already since 1982 Princess Caroline is the president of the Fondation Princesse Grace. The annual revenues of the Bal de la Rose are for that charity, so it is logical that the Princess indeed always is the welcoming lady for this evening, greeting the guests whom all are spending a lot for her foundation.

Regarding the dresscode, the organizer (Société des Bains-de-Mer) only requested "Veste obligatoire - Tenue correcte exigée" (Suit required – Proper attire required), no mention of the theme.

Last edited:
I deliberately placed ‘gifted’ in inverted commas as a way of expressing a sense of having the trusted responsibility of this important, fund raising initiative which has existed for many years.
As for the dress code, over the years the family have worn items to suggest the theme . I didn’t imply it was in any way obligatory they are required to follow it.

Someone konws how much the guests had to pay for attending the Rose Ball ?

I wonder why Dimitri Rassan doesn't accompany Charlotte.

I like because she seems very happy. But she dances very badly. She has no rhythm at all. I wonder if she took ballets courses. Her mother has being doing ballet all her life. But Charlotte seems not gifted to.

I presume that the Castro family didn't attend. I didn't see any picture.

It's her happy exuberance that makes the video worthwhile for me. ;)

Her husband was with her at last years Rose Ball and at National Day 2022 a few months ago, but maybe he had a work project keeping him away last night.

Someone konws how much the guests had to pay for attending the Rose Ball ?

The cheapest is € 2.999,-- per person for the diner, drinks not included.
Of course VIP seats or arrangements with champagne etc are more €€€.

What does "Bollywood" mean ?

"Bollywood" is a film genre from India, it's a combination of the words "Hollywood" and the Indian city "Bombay", where many of those films are produced. They are mostly funny, colourful love stories (always G-rated), with musical and dance parts.

"Bollywood" is a film genre from India, it's a combination of the words "Hollywood" and the Indian city "Bombay", where many of those films are produced. They are mostly funny, colourful love stories (always G-rated), with musical and dance parts.

Thank you very much, Iceflower !

I don't well get the theme Bollywood nor the way it has been applied by the members of the MPF.
Maybe I'm missing some knowledge about. Bollywood is India isn't it? Which dress recalled India ? Almost no-one.

Hmm, your observation is surely right!

But nowadays Royals have to be very careful - and not only them... Some folks are very fast with accusations of cultural appropriation. This can cause a mess.

Personally I think, the way Indian women get traditionally dressed is very feminin and very good looking, but it would be very dangerous for European Royals to wear that fashion.

Hmm, your observation is surely right!

But nowadays Royals have to be very careful - and not only them... Some folks are very fast with accusations of cultural appropriation. This can cause a mess.

Personally I think, the way Indian women get traditionally dressed is very feminin and very good looking, but it would be very dangerous for European Royals to wear that fashion.
Agree. The theme Bollywood is not exactly India... but could be misunderstood and hurt sensitivities.
Furthermore personally I'm lacking enough information to understand the differences of outfits with theme India and those with theme Bollywood.

I'm not sure that they should have announced it.

I understand comments about sensitivities surrounding this year’s theme, but having a different theme each year for rose ball is a lovely feature. It’s fun to see how the room and tables are dressed along with the choices for menu and music. To my knowledge, it’s never been a costume ball, but it’s lovely when members of the sovereign family show a nod to the theme. Caroline has, certainly in recent years, dressed in this spirit - there’s been some memorable accessories - and it’s been great fun spotting these touches.

Incidentally if you search Google for what is Bollywood fashion online this is the result.
Bollywood dresses encompass many different styles, colors, cuts and designs, inspired by Indian and western fashions.
Once upon a time the Bollywood outfits worn in movies were typically quite loud and dramatic, with a focus on creating maximum impact, rather than showcasing 'realism'

Last edited:
Although I do not like her outfit: too dark colors, Beatrice is the only one who dressed according to the theme of tne ball.

This year's Rose Ball will take place this Saturday, March 23.

Together with designer Christian Louboutin Princess Caroline has chosen the theme of "Disco".

For this exceptional occasion, Shangela and Chad Michaels, two fabulous drag-queens straight from the 80s, will be performing the greatest hits by two Disco icons: Donna Summer and Cher. The famous choreographer Sadeck Berrabah and his 48 dancers will set the stage alight with the greatest hits of the 80s, before the night reaches its climax with the iconic Gloria Gaynor! Finally, DJ Kiddy Smile will have guests on their feet all night long. The evening will also be hosted by Charly Voodoo

:previous:

Yes, he did so because he has also been the artistic director for the Rose Ball in 2022 and 2023.

Not good for the image of Monaco that a potential criminal will be performing at the major event.🤔

Back
Top Bottom