The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-30-2008, 03:51 AM
Aristocracy

[quote=julliette;747897]
From the dinner
Group
There is also Vanina Mandelli and Charlotte's cousin Afra Casiraghi (the last one on the right,near Pierre) with her husband.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:28 AM
Aristocracy

I really would like to see a full body pic of Charlotte in her dress without the jacket. Has anybody seen one?

Pierre really looked hot and I think the best dressed woman was Melanie. She looks elegant. Charlenes dress is nice but something is missing. She just doesn`t look glamorous and the colour of her dress doesn`t fit the theme of the ball. But she is a beautiful woman and could do much better.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:43 AM
Royal Highness

true fashion knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottestreasures View Post
You have to take in consideration the theme of the ball this year. The beginning of this thread explain MOVIDA. Thus we see alot of black and strong colors and more artistic fashions.

I loved Elizabeth's red gown.

I think Princess Caroline's extra piece is what makes the gown stranger than it would be!

Does anyone have a true fashion knowledge of what ladies should wear if you have big shoulders?
If you had big shoulders in my heyday as a lady you were expected to wear raglan or japone sleeves on your evening gowns. Perhaps a little shrug would have done the trick on Cw here.But th e gown is too draped and the fabric not of the season even. So although the line is clean and crisp it is not of season and the material itself looks like lining. I think this gown that Cw wore was a bit threadbare again for such an event.It shows a lot of flesh for my taste.JMO.{Removed off-topic remark}Raglan sleeves or japone ones diminish the size of shoulders..and they are ususally custom made.But they also need a proportionate waist. In general the figure has to be analysed and the flaws which we all have covered up and created in different light.By far one of CW's best appearances but again in the identical style as before ; variation on a theme..a beautiful minaudiere as an accessory with a long tassle would have improved the impoverished look of the gown.Caro looked horrid but Cw looked like she was the poor relative of the Grimaldis .. ....
Old 03-30-2008, 06:50 AM
Royal Highness

Charlotte

Charlotte is attired here as if she is twenty going on forty always. At this Ball Cw looks better than Charlotte.Charlotte garners undue adulation for getting dressed as if she is forty and usually not age appropriate since her face is not that mature.She is beautiful but has to dress for her age and not like the antithesis of Miss Wittstock..
Old 03-30-2008, 06:55 AM
Royal Highness

Photo - Display : Ballrooms and Roses
Old 03-30-2008, 06:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalee View Post
Maybe Charlene was the one to shine this time. And the others dressed down to let her shine? She also had her hair bleached and a few other things which made her shine a bit more, IMO. Nice blue dress! She is looking nicer. And I also think she is there to stay.
If Miss Wittstock is there to stay God Bless her but I hope the wedding gown is not a halter and that everyone is beautifully attired for that occasion.As on this occasion there is a disparity in how everyone is dressed . If you look at the pics from Princess Grace's events her friends and relatives were attired to a standard which matched hers especially the bridesmaids.. however Rita Gam and Judy B Quine were fashion icons and beautiful women with sophistication that matched Grace's.
The telephone is an invention people use to communicate and obviously no one called the other to ask what they would be wearing as they should have since it appears they will be family.So everyone wore whatever struck their fancy.A bit disorganized.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:21 AM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Noche excéntrica en la corte monegasca | elmundo.es

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 03-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Watermark-free pictures from HOLA!:
Galerías de imágenes

Old 03-30-2008, 08:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nice pics from Hola
Galerías de imágenes
ALBERTO Y CAROLINA DE MÓNACO, LOS GRANDES ANFITRIONES DEL BAILE DE LA ROSA
The complete gallery from Getty (158 pics)
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...%7c0&p=7&tag=1
Belga picture
BelgaPicture - Category details
Old 03-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

What went wrong, fashion wise with Caroline. Charolette looked stunning, dress, make up & hair but overall made her look way older than her age. Charlene looked nice, its nice she stood out. Pictures of dancing are lovely, also liked the ones of Charolette arriving with her friends.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Aristocracy

OMG i cant read the whole thread right now but WHY oh WHY did Charlotte wear an all-black outfit?
I was hoping for something more playful and colorful than this black " thing" and more appropriate for her age. Come on Charlotte you're only 21 why dressing like that?!?!?!
Old 03-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Majesty

Here's a little gallery with dancing pics:

Gallery
Old 03-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Aristocracy

It seemed like the "Bal de la Rose, Movida" was a great party with a great theme. Prince Albert and Charlene seemed very happy, he looked handsome with the red scarf sticking out of his pocket and she looked beautiful in that midnight blue dress and her almost platinum hair. When I first saw her pictures, her beauty really caught my eye. The only thing I would have added to her look was a pair of earrings and a bracelet. I noticed Charlotte wore the same diamond earrings Charlene wore to the Princess Grace Foundation Gala in NY. I am glad they were at the ball together and enjoying themselves.
Once Charlotte took off her jacket, I could see how pretty her dress was and how beautiful she also looked. She is such a pretty girl. Pierre looked very handsome and so did Prince Ernst. They always seem to have a good time at these parties.
Princess Caroline has never disappointed me and she looked happy and very pretty with her hair styled that way. Her earrings were amazing. However, her dress was a disappointment. Although it is a Chanel creation, it lacked in elegance and beauty, a weird Lagerfeld invention. Not her best choice. I saw someone borrowed one of her dresses, a black and white one she wore to one of the Red Cross Balls.
I enjoyed seen the pictures of them dancing and enjoying themselves. I love Princess Caroline's personality at a party. She likes to have a good time and always participates in the dancing and singing. After all she has been through, she can still smile and enjoy life.
Although Prince Albert has not announced any marriage plans, I can tell he is happy with Charlene, she is a part of his life, his family and his Monaco. She seemed more comfortable and standing right by his side as it should be after two years of having a relationship.
Does anybody know how much money was raised? It is for a good cause so I hope they did well.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Aristocracy

Did someone else notice how much Caroline looks like Stephanie ( even if Stephanie has diserted more than 5 balls in the last few years) in those pictures? I don't know, maybe it's her hairdo, but I could hardly tell the two sisters apart.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Charlene Witsock's dress was so beautiful! Caroline's dress was frumpy and Charlotte's jacket/dress combo looked too old for her. I agree that she should have chosen something more youthful. The decor of the ball and the stage were absolutely gorgeous. It looked like a wonderful event.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Gentry

Rose Ball

Caroline's dress was a big disappointment. Those lantern type ruffles were too distracting. I wonder if the outside drapped part comes off and there is a beautfual dress underneath. In addition, Caroline to me did not look really happy..a certin spark was missing.

Charlotte may of picked that dress because the jacket looks like a matador jacket...Spanish theme..
Old 03-30-2008, 12:15 PM

Is it just me, or do others wonder what Charlene does with the 40,000 euros (over $60,000) she supposedly gets each month from Prince Albert? Doesn't he also provide room and board? I would think that she could buy a little cache of jewelry, even if it is paste, to wear at events such as this. She looks half dressed and really stands out for her lack of jewelry next to the other guests. And this says something about Albert too. Why doesn't he notice that she is unadorned and get her something? Or is the only jewelry that she will accept from him a ring? To me, this emphasizes their disparate financial backgrounds.

Charlene's dress seems very ordinary and again with her monthly cash flow, one would think that she could get a designer to create a custom dress for her that would accent her positive physical attributes and hide the negatives, like her shoulders.

I had to laugh regarding Princess Caroline's dress. For someone that I believe was born with excellent fashion genes, this was definitely a bad dress day. Normally I marvel at her outfits. I think that the dress was great in concept on the sketch pad and followed the theme of the ball, but to actually wear it for an entire evening was a bad idea.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcat View Post
Is it just me, or do others wonder what Charlene does with the 40,000 euros (over $60,000) she supposedly gets each month from Prince Albert? Doesn't he also provide room and board? I would think that she could buy a little cache of jewelry, even if it is paste, to wear at events such as this. She looks half dressed and really stands out for her lack of jewelry next to the other guests. And this says something about Albert too. Why doesn't he notice that she is unadorned and get her something? Or is the only jewelry that she will accept from him a ring? To me, this emphasizes their disparate financial backgrounds.

Charlene's dress seems very ordinary and again with her monthly cash flow, one would think that she could get a designer to create a custom dress for her that would accent her positive physical attributes and hide the negatives, like her shoulders.

No, at this point, it's just you.

If Charlene added a massive necklace or giant gaudy earrings it would have ruined the whole gown. Hence less is more. The focal point, again, is the gown and the amazing color of it. The cut of the ensemble fits her perfectly. Essentially, Miss Wittstock looked fabulous.

As for the whole inane "shoulder debate" some of you need to get off it. It's old. Boring. And makes those who obsess over it seem petty, trite, and downright insecure about themselves. As a result, they pick on another for "fun."
Old 03-30-2008, 12:41 PM

Who said anything about gaudy?

A simple necklace, bracelet or something would work fine.

And maybe Charlene is just a woman who doesn't like jewelry which is more than okay.

This is just my opinion. Sorry you take offense.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Gallery with 15 pics (without Watermarks) from Bunte

Eine rauschende Ballnacht - Bilder - BUNTE

Tags
ball, charlene wittstock, charlotte casiraghi, pierre casiraghi, prince albert ii, princess caroline, princess charlene