The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-30-2019, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

No Charlène once more….pity pity pity !

Old 03-30-2019, 08:16 PM
Majesty

Princesse Charlene has not attended this event since shortly after the twins were born. She has chosen to associate herself exclusively with the Red Cross Ball and leave the Rose Ball to Princess Caroline and her children and their spouses.

It's disappointing because I loved seeing the entire extended clan together at both events.

But this is the way it is now.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 03-30-2019, 11:34 PM
Aristocracy

It's great to see Princess Grace's pearls worn for the first time in public since Princess Grace's death AFAIK. Also, qvc now sells copies of Princess Grace's jewellery and I got the impression that some jewellery was "Grimaldi" given to Princess Grace soon after the wedding. I wish Princess Charlène would wear some of it in order to show that the jewels are still "Grimaldi" and connected to the throne of Monaco. However, if Princess Grace left all of her jewels to her two daughters, it would mean that Princess Charlène only has her own jewels and I wonder why she did not wear some of her own jewels when she attended a Swedish royal wedding a few years back. There is no point marrying a Prince and not wearing the ice when the invitation is for sash and star and diamonds.
Old 03-31-2019, 02:02 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it is really a disgrace that Charlene cannot attend the Ball. She is part of Monaco life and so why is she unable to attend this long standing Ball. I am really puzzled!
Old 03-31-2019, 02:53 AM
Commoner

Charlene didn't attend Circus Festival also. I think that every member of princely family has a role and a space. Monaco is more importante than silly rivalry.Albert handles this situation with intelligence.
Old 03-31-2019, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
I think it is really a disgrace that Charlene cannot attend the Ball. She is part of Monaco life and so why is she unable to attend this long standing Ball. I am really puzzled!

If she wanted she could attend but it seems she doesn't want to.

Old 03-31-2019, 03:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
It's great to see Princess Grace's pearls worn for the first time in public since Princess Grace's death AFAIK. Also, qvc now sells copies of Princess Grace's jewellery and I got the impression that some jewellery was "Grimaldi" given to Princess Grace soon after the wedding. I wish Princess Charlène would wear some of it in order to show that the jewels are still "Grimaldi" and connected to the throne of Monaco. However, if Princess Grace left all of her jewels to her two daughters, it would mean that Princess Charlène only has her own jewels and I wonder why she did not wear some of her own jewels when she attended a Swedish royal wedding a few years back. There is no point marrying a Prince and not wearing the ice when the invitation is for sash and star and diamonds.
In museum exhibitions about Grace a lot of jewellery worn by her features along with pieces that I thought definately belonged only to Caroline such as the diamond and pearl Cartier tiara. These pieces are always labelled as belonging to the Prince of Monaco so the question of ownership is confusing. If sets like the pearls don't actually belong to Caroline then Charlene should also be able to use them but then Caroline had been wearing her mother's jewels for so many years before Albert married that perhaps she has kind of taken them over and dosn't want to share them. Who knows?
Old 03-31-2019, 04:38 AM
Royal Highness

I just seen Tatiana at the ball and I think her diamond earrings also belonged to Grace.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
In museum exhibitions about Grace a lot of jewellery worn by her features along with pieces that I thought definately belonged only to Caroline such as the diamond and pearl Cartier tiara. These pieces are always labelled as belonging to the Prince of Monaco so the question of ownership is confusing. If sets like the pearls don't actually belong to Caroline then Charlene should also be able to use them but then Caroline had been wearing her mother's jewels for so many years before Albert married that perhaps she has kind of taken them over and dosn't want to share them. Who knows?
When it's said that these jewels belong to the Prince of Monaco, I suppose it means that they belong to the "crown". So, the members of the princely family borrow them, in order to weat them.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yet MORE 'dereliction of duty' from the [titular] 'Princess of Monaco'...
Old 03-31-2019, 04:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Beatrice's the only one to never be 'off topic' where hairstyle and attire are concerned. She reminds a bit of Paola of the Belgians and Sophia Loren. Shame her conceit is a turnoff.
Old 03-31-2019, 06:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
The Rose Ball and the Red Cross Ball are fundraising events which have nothing to do with the State of Monaco. The revenues of the first ball go to the Fondation Princesse Grace, of which Caroline is the president. That explains her attendance: she is the organisator. It is really not obliged for Charlène to attend society events like this fundraiser: her husband took the honneurs anyway, so she is excused.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
When it's said that these jewels belong to the Prince of Monaco, I suppose it means that they belong to the "crown". So, the members of the princely family borrow them, in order to weat them.
I know its hard to compare across Royal Families but I guess it could be that, the Prince (i.e. whoever the Prince is) owns the jewels which are then used by the other royals maybe each getting some to wear for their lifetime. It would be a little like expecting Sophie Wessex to turn up in the Lovers Knott tiara - yes it belongs to the Queen but is worn regularly by the Duchess of Cambridge so would be unlikely to happen.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:39 AM
Royal Highness

It seems that Tatiana was also wearing a pair of earrings that belonged to Princess Grace.
Old 03-31-2019, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Carole Bouquet was sat next to prince Albert. Interesting!! Sounds like an official statement
Old 03-31-2019, 09:41 AM
Majesty

Official statement of what? That Charlotte and Dimitri are indeed engaged and plan to marry?
Old 03-31-2019, 09:55 AM
Courtier

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvq60MUlGNB/

I love Beatrice..

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvq0J87lBPK/
Old 03-31-2019, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

If Princess Charlene was there She had the first role .

The Rose Ball is the Casiraghi's with her bling bling as ever.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

That her husband attends makes it worse I am a little tired of Charlene actually I a huge supporter of her at the time of her engagement an d I would have thought and I could be just so wrong here but her role is to support her husband and the events most especially the fund raising ones in Monaco after all and I could be wrong here to ... but last time I looked she was HSH of Monaco so there is no excuse in my mind that her non attendance is acceptable

Tags
ball, charlene wittstock, charlotte casiraghi, pierre casiraghi, prince albert ii, princess caroline, princess charlene