Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately Rosana that isn't a coat that is the dress. I too am overwhelmingly dissapointed. I agree that I don't understand at all why it seems that Caroline and Charlotte wear whatever Karl gives them and only that. It takes away from their personal styles and just makes me more irritated at Karl. He just seems so arrogant and shallow...I adore many things from Chanel, but he is not one of them.

On the other hand, Charlotte's makeup is great. Does anyone have a picture of the back of her head. I would really like to see her hair.

think it is a "coat" copenhagen because you can see back of the gown in other pics. ireally doubt shed change in mid event unless she did?.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics and the information, i thought it was a coat. I don´t understand that Morticia look on a 21 year old girl. And this is the first time i don´t like Caroline´s dress.

Here's a little gallery with dancing pics:

Gallery
In the Gallery of pictures above there is one of Charlotte whispering in Caroline's ear, I can just read the caption: "Mom, you're b**bs are showing"! referring to Caroline's flimsy top of her dress.

Your right Princess mahala I saw those pics where you can see her back. my mistake then, but how peculiar that she didn't take her little coat off for the pictures. I'm sure the dress is probably much more beautiful without that odd jacket.

Charlotte's dress without the jacket was actually very simple and beautiful...

(And in the pictures the jacket doesn't look that great, but it really is pretty...)

Where is a photo of Charlotte's dress without her jacket? I would like
to see her dress without her jacket.

Charlene looked amazing..What a beautiful evening dress. This woman's just gorgeous!!!

PHOTOS : le Bal de la Rose version Almodovar, c'était olé olé !

" Le traditionnel Bal de la Rose s'est tenu hier soir, à Monaco. Comme nous vous en avions déjà informé il y a quelques jours, Pedro Almodovar et la chanteuse déjantée Alaska sont venus donner un air de Movida à cette soirée qu'ils ont pour le moins "décoincée".
Un décor coloré et décalé, des drag queens, Stéphane Bern arborant un boa rouge, un concert de Luz Casal, un tour de chant improbable de l'actrice Rossy de Palma et du réalisateur espagnol, un miniballet de la chorégraphe Blanca Li... C'était la folie sur le Rocher !
Parmi les inconditionnels présents aux côtés du prince Albert et de la princesse Caroline, de son mari le prince de Hanovre et de Charlene Wittstock, on retrouvait notamment Karl Lagerfeld, Betty Lagardère, Christian Louboutin, Victoria Silvstedt et Shirley Bassey.
A noter, l'absence de la pincesse Stéphanie...
Retrouvez toutes les photos de cet soirée caritative à laquelle la présence requiert, en général, une participation estimée aux alentours de 750 euros par personne."

In english (euh ...)

The traditional Bal de la Rose was held yesterday evening at Monaco. As you had already informed a few days ago, Pedro Almodovar and the singer came to Alaska crazy give an air of Movida in the evening they have at least "décoincée."A colorful and unconventional, drag queens, Stéphane Bern displaying a red boa, a concert by Luz Casal, a singing tour of the actress unlikely Rossy de Palma and the Spanish director, a choreographer of miniballet Blanca Li .. It was madness on the Rock!
Among the fans present at the side of Prince Albert and Princess Caroline, her husband Prince of Hanover and Charlene Wittstock, were found including Karl Lagerfeld, Betty Lagardere, Christian Louboutin, Victoria Silvstedt and Shirley Bassey.

Note the absence of pincesse Stephanie ...

Find all the photos of this charity evening on which the presence requires, in general, participation estimated at around 750 euros per person.

Last edited:
Sorry to say this but it must be the worst outfits Caroline and Charlotte have worn to a Rose Ball. Caroline's bag was the best piece of the outfit. Charlotte' s outfit reminded me of Nanny MacPhee's outfit all that was missing was the hat. Charlene, stunning.

Stellad

Sorry to say this but it must be the worst outfits Caroline and Charlotte have worn to a Rose Ball. Caroline's bag was the best piece of the outfit. Charlotte' s outfit reminded me of Nanny MacPhee's outfit all that was missing was the hat. Charlene, stunning.

Stellad

Charlène is beautiful (though it seems to have very broad shoulders). She wears a pretty dress.
But Caroline and Charlotte are disappointing. Caroline is almost bare. I like clothes very sexy but Caroline's dress is ugly.

Charlene's dress was beautiful she was radient. Someone asked about the mark on her arm I believe it is from a vaccination I have one also. We were given one in high school and whatever type it is everyone gets a mark on their arm. However Charlene's looks to have been infected at a time to leave that large a mark when some are only left with a slight discolouring of the skin.

Pierre is so handsome but I had to ask: I was looking at the HOLA! pictures and it looked to me like he was wearing slippers

What's up with Caroline? She looked horrible in that awful outfit. I had already suggested her to quit Lagerfeld a couple of years ago or so, but apparently she doesn't read our forums...:lol:
Perhaps by wearing that see- through dress she wants everybody to know that she hasn't changed that much since the time her topless pictures were taken 31 years ago, and that surfaced again on the net recently.

On the contrary Charlotte looked "overdressed" like Princess Diana did when she first met Princess Grace. Besides was she channelling her grandmother?

This time Charlene was the fairest of them all. Shame Stephanie didn't show up.

Say what you see why don't you!
Everyone else was diplomatically tip-toeing around the subject until you came along and shattered it.
:lol:

:lol: Yeah! And worst case, this is a formal event, they cannot sue the photographer. Is not that they were trying to find some scandal matters, it just there...:D

Just imagine what Rainier and Grace would have made out of a Spanish theme event. At least members of the Spanish Royals would have been on the guest list. But with Albert showing up with his mistress - no member of any reigning house would attend. Apart from Shirley Bassey and Pedro Almodovar the guest list was very poor - only a former Miss Sweden and Playmate added a little glamour - and of course the unavoidable Mr. Lagerfeld. Even the models and actors/actresses seem to stay away. It looks like Stephanie is a no show when Caroline is attending and the other way around - what a shame. Does anyone know whether she was at Marchais with her kids for Albert's birthday party??

Last edited:
Maybe attending balls is a chore for Stephanie and Caroline. They have been making public appearances before they could walk and talk. These events might be tiresome for them. This might explain why Stephanie and Caroline do not attend balls together. Perhaps they take turns performing their royal duties at crowded galas.

Last edited:
I do think that charlotte doesnt do evening wear and formal gathering clothes very well, she always dress's far to old for her ages, her casual wear is great.
( must say there have been times when she has looked gread in evening wear, but on the whole not )

Well, after reviewing the complete slide-show pics for this 'classy event', all I can say is that this simply was the epitamy {Inappropriate comment removed}Or 'Lifestyles of the Rich and Tasteless'.

Caroline should be told she is a 51 year old woman, not a 21 year old club girl who thinks dressing up in Halloween black coffin interior (with her post-Easter fuschia pink pursie) with her breasts shamefully on display is in any way elegant. Her hair (in close-up) was a mess.

Charlotte, whom I always professed to be 'very cute' but not gorgeous, {Inappropriate comment removed} by the Karl Lagerfeld "Vere zis black - you vill look vunderbar and sooo klassy' team, as she looked, again, like a 21 year old woman eagerly wishing middle-age would ring her Paris/London doorbell. Her lipstick was too bright, too red - too much. Did she go 'bobbing for strawberries' prior to the event? And what's with Pierre's hair, or lack of it? Is he a skin-head wannabe?

The 'travelling freak show', led by uber-neurotic Karl Lagerfeld was on fine and full display, what with the Marilyn Manson wannabes and the Euro tarts, whose make-up was, what, 3 layers deep? {Inappropriate comment removed} did anyone get a load of the 'entertainment' on stage for the evening. I felt as if it were the Eurovision Song Contest goes to Monte Carlo. By the way Karl, for a designer, you sure as heck wear the SAME get-up to each and every event. And will someone tell Herr Lagerfeld that sunglasses at night indoors is just plain ridiculous?

I will say that Charlene looked quite nice - understated yet elegant - but the proverbial adolescent Albert should finally grow up and make a decision.

I'm sorry, people, but this whole evening just reeked of utter {Inappropriate comment removed} plain and simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!=
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!=
It's like Caroline and Charlotte switched dresses! Each of their dresses would have been better suited on the other person. And Caroline looks like she isn't wearing any "supporting" undergarments underneath hers, which is a shame she needs it. But then again it would've pushed her bosom up into the see-thru part of the dress.

That was my first reaction, that at the last minute they decided to switch dresses. I have not been able to see a good photo of Charlotte´s dress without the little coat. But they tried to disguise according to the ball theme. Charlotte all in black with the mouth red and the hairdo, like an old spanish duchess in Seville. Caroline is in that terrible age when you still do not realize what have done the claws of time. She was disguised, too, like attending a "movida madrileña". Now she must give that dress to her daughter, who should modificate it.

Last edited:
The other expression for that part of the female anatomy has lately been referred to as "the girls" which indeed seem to be showing.

I'm going to venture a guess and say that dress was probably less revealing in person. Or I'm sure she would have noticed otherwise, someone would have mentioned to her the transparency of the dress beforehand I'm sure? I have a feeling it was more the effect of the flashes from the camera that acts like an X-ray? I'm sure people have seen pictures of someone wearing a dark heavy sweater that looked fine in person untill you see a photo and all you can see is a white bra underneath, that is only apparent under the flash! There are a couple pictures of Charlene at different times in a black sweater, people thought it was her breast you could see through the sweater, but it was just the white bra visable under the flash! I think that is why Carolines dress seemed more diaphanous than perhaps it really was? Live and learn! There is a close up picture of Charlotte at the table and you can see how lovely the table setting, the colors, and all the flowers actually were! I have a feeling in person the event was probably very nice, perhaps it was just not captured as well with the lighting? :flowers:

I don't care for Princess Caroline's gown this year but I don't hate it either. The real problem is that her boobies sag terribly-as is natural when one is past fifty-and that dress really shows it. But her hair and makeup look great. Caroline is and always has been my style icon. The fact that she can pull off even a mess like this thing shows that she is truly timeless.

Charlotte?? She is waaaay too young to be going for the "haute" look she tries so hard to do. She is a classic beauty and would look much better in a classic ballgown. Her hair and makeup are simply flawless, stunning. And please God please don't let her be pregnant. It's hard to tell in that outfit.

Charlene blew me away. She looked beyond gorgeous, skin, makeup. Her gown is just beautiful. It's hard to believe that this is the same young woman who was hopping around a couple of years ago wearing those tacky lace up halters, hair flying all around. She takes the beauty prize this year, IMO.

Charlotte and Pierre arriving with friends
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/804...36CAF14D5D5C842BE0A5722E23AC5E30A760B0D811297
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/804...36CAF14D5D5C8BEC707129C799B68E30A760B0D811297
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/804...36CAF14D5D5C85E2632768BA6E151E30A760B0D811297

From the dinner
Charlotte Pierre and Melanie Group Group2 (the girl with Caroline's dress is suposed to be Laura Duchemin, no idea who she's)

This group is strange. I can recognize Juliette Maillot, Eugenie Niarchos, Melanie, gaia repossi and i've seen gregoire in another photo. But the others?Who are they?Who is the girl wearing Caroline's dress?And the girl with the curly hair (at left in the first photo)? And the one next to Eugenie in the first pics on other posts?

Where is Andrea and Tatiana? And why aren't the Dellal's here?At least Alex? Lately Charlotte is always with them!?!And Cecile? Did her and Char cut their relations?

Charlotte is simply beautiful beyond belief. She is amazing to look at. Now that I take a second look at her gown, I think the jacket can be removed, and the undergown is strapless. It's not as bad as I originally thought it was!

Thank goodness she left that awful Alex dude at home. Blech.

Back
Top Bottom