The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s View Post
A friend of them is wearing Princess Caroline's 2005's Red Cross dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by memoo View Post
Didn't Caroline wear that black and white dress to the Red Cross Ball in 2005??
You are right!
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...53331379&cdi=0
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...80427039&cdi=0

Old 03-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Charlotte looks at least seven months pregnant......
yes yes very unflattering look and she is gorgeous every head shot is a classic. Move to full length omfg!!!!!

Old 03-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Nobility

Either the main ladies decided to screw up the fashion choice for the evening to make charlene look good/were drugged/had no friends look at the outfits or decided to go statement fashion rather than classic. What you think people???????
Old 03-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Royal Highness

Charlene

Charlene is again wearing one of her halter topped gowns. Cw has reverted to her favourite style. In profile it appears her make- up is well done and subtle.The gown does nothing for me actually with or without jewellery.
Caro's gown was most unflattering.
But all in all the Grimaldis appeared happy . I miss Stephanie at this event.
I think a wedding maybe on the cards.So we might see plenty of jewellery there.
Deo Juvante
Old 03-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree only head shots are great this year, move down and oh no...

I think Andrea, Tatiana, and Alexander didn't attend this year :( In the video you don't even seen them.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
Either the main ladies decided to screw up the fashion choice for the evening to make charlene look good/were drugged/had no friends look at the outfits or decided to go statement fashion rather than classic. What you think people???????
Not typical of Caro to look unflattering. But it does happen to everyone and this time was her turn although it is not usual.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

The wedding rumors again lol... Charlene has attended 3 Balls already and lots of events.

I wonder who will open the dance this year?
Old 03-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Not typical of Caro to look unflattering. But it does happen to everyone and this time was her turn although it is not usual.
I know she is usually class from head to toe appropriate/subtle/extravagant/daring this time just wrong.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Aristocracy

I think Caroline and Charlotte are way too much influenced by Karl Lagerfeld. I think most of the time when Charlotte wears evening dresses it looks like they don`t fit her. They look too big and don`t match with her. She looks great in her spare time and all the inofficial pics of her everyday life and the holidays. I wonder why she looks so weird when she dresses up. Does anyone else think the same?
Old 03-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from the dinner

Karl Lagerfeld and Bechara El Khoury
Charlene and Almodovar
Albert
Charlene
Old 03-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassi View Post
I think Caroline and Charlotte are way too much influenced by Karl Lagerfeld. I think most of the time when Charlotte wears evening dresses it looks like they don`t fit her. They look too big and don`t match with her. She looks great in her spare time and all the inofficial pics of her everyday life and the holidays. I wonder why she looks so weird when she dresses up. Does anyone else think the same?
yes, i completely agree with you. Both are too much influenced by Karl. I like Chanel and Karl's creations, but there some horrible's too. I would love to see Caroline and Charlotte wearing clothes from other designers.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness

Well I know I might be the only one but I like Caroline and Charlotte's gowns.

Who is the girl wearing Caroline's 2005 ball gown? I've never seen her before.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

I think Caroline's face in Juliette's post #78 (the 3d one) is very beautiful, but it is the most hideous dress I have ever seen her wear, or perhaps have ever seen, period. I can't decide if she looks like a bat, or fir for a Halloween party with some vampire theme, or what. Not to mention, how about wearing something that will get some kind of consensus from the guests ? It's a charity ball for heaven's sake! It's no place to make a fashion statement, whatever that may be ! And get rid of Karl ! And why did she give (if that's what happened) an old dress of hers to a friend of her daughter's, a dress everybody can recognize ? (She wore it with a lot more flair than the young lady anyway...)
As for Charlotte, her face is more beautiful than ever, but what kind of Victorian looking dress is that ? On a twenty-one year old girl ? Who might be dancing ?
What is happening in these balls ? (For last year's Red Cross Ball was pretty strange too !) And where is Stephanie ? Andrea and Tatiana ? Where is the whole PR concept of a charity ball ?
Old 03-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
Charlotte looks at least seven months pregnant......
I though same exact thing! But she does not look bad at all, very baeutiful and chic (?) i think only she can do that.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Aristocracy

Location: Harrisburg (outside of Charlotte NC), United States
It seems as if sometimes Charlotte is trying to make "too big" of a statement in what she wears. I know she is young and she wants to try new things out...I applaud her for that! However she needs to realize that some things are just not flattering, even if they do come from Chanel or other big houses.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:38 PM
Nobility

christinacg, I like Caroline too.
I think that any other dress from pre-fall collection or even better from FW collection would look great on Charlotte. I wonder if she's chosen this one herself...
Old 03-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Serene Highness

I'm sorry but Caroline's dress looks horrible she should have worn something more grown up Charlotte dress would have looked nice but it seems maybe it is too tight cause she looks pregnant Pierre look great as always
Old 03-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Nobility

THE THEME WAS Spanish MOVIDA

You have to take in consideration the theme of the ball this year. The beginning of this thread explain MOVIDA. Thus we see alot of black and strong colors and more artistic fashions.

I loved Elizabeth's red gown.

I think Princess Caroline's extra piece is what makes the gown stranger than it would be!

Does anyone have a true fashion knowledge of what ladies should wear if you have big shoulders?
Old 03-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Nobility

Charlene looked really nice tonight. I don't know why Caroline chose that dress it looked terrible. Charlotte's dress was just plain ugly she is way too young to wear such an awful dress. I think they both need to wear other designers.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by shappica View Post
Pierre is the only one who looks good IMO! Hot that is!
I don't get how could Charlotte choose the worst dress from the VERY GOOD collection, one of the best Chanel collections lately...
Caroline's dress is not that bad actually.
I agree, Pierre looks great! And on closer inspection, if Caroline's dress was a size smaller or altered to fit Caroline better, I kind of like it for the theme of the event. She always plays up the theme and she does look like she could be a character out of one of the films. I mean that in a good way, I think she was paying tribute here to the whole idea. I think she may laugh when she see's the picture of her a little overly exposed though! I agree she could have gotten away with the short version, she has great legs! That way she could have taken it up on the shoulders and the bottom part would have hit her in a better place! It looks different in different photo's and for the theme of the event she was probably trying to chose something fun! I would like to see Stephanie at this event too one year, I think she would have done something fun with this theme! Actually although Charlene's dress is probably one of the better one's that she has worn maybe (another halter), it does not really tie into the theme in any way? I just want to say it looks like Pierre get's my nod for the evening though!