The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Serene Highness

Maybe Alexandra only came for the concert?

Beatrice's brother married fashion designer Marta Ferri.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:31 PM
Serene Highness

One of the Casiraghi cousins was dancing with Charlotte. Has anyone ever seen a photo of Charlotte dancing with anyone other than her brothers or females? Seems odd. I do remember reading that she danced with Jean Rochefort, but he is old enough to be her grandfather.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i may be the only one, but i really like charlotte's dress! it's different and she pulls it off beautifully. i love the 'vintage' feel it has to it and the cut is beautiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
You aren't the only one. I quite like it as well.
Ditto, ditto. It does have a 'vintage' feel to it, and she is amazing. She'd make a potato sack look elegant.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:47 AM
Courtier

Charlotte's hair and makeup, amazing. Her dress...I was hoping Gucci had exclusive rights to dressing her. I wonder if she knows she doesn't look her best in Chanel. Would be lovely if she recreates that Giambattista Valli light blue gown that made her look every inch a princess.

Old 03-31-2015, 12:13 PM
Majesty

I think she looks amazing in Chanel day wear. The beautiful ivory chenille suit with matching hat that she wore to Albert's Investiture as well as the powder pink dress edged in black that she wore to his Nuptial Mass were Chanel, and I was crazy in love with both of them.

It's the evening wear where things are a little less impressive.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Rose Ball - March 28th, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Charlotte's hair and makeup, amazing. Her dress...I was hoping Gucci had exclusive rights to dressing her. I wonder if she knows she doesn't look her best in Chanel. Would be lovely if she recreates that Giambattista Valli light blue gown that made her look every inch a princess.

Yes the Gianbattista Valli gown was a fairy gown. A pitty she never worn it again. I presume it was a loan she never recycles her evening gowns. I presume they are all loans. She just wears them once. She gives them back and she forgets them.
I never ever saw her twice with the same gown. Never.
All the other "real" royals own evening gowns, they recycle them and they modify them. I think Charlotte, having not a real official role in Monaco she considers not needing evening gowns. Once or twice per year, if needed she just chooses one from Chanel or elsewhere. She wears it for a couple of hours and returns it.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:42 AM
Serene Highness

Charlotte has worn her mother's dresses and coats from when PC was the same age.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
Charlotte has worn her mother's dresses and coats from when PC was the same age.
True. I remember a grey white long coat and a yellow with flowers gown
Old 04-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
[...]I presume it was a loan she never recycles her evening gowns. I presume they are all loans. She just wears them once. She gives them back and she forgets them.[...]
Gianbattista Valli, Chanel and others are commercial enterprises. They need to sell clothes to exist. Their workforce (coupeuses, modinettes, seretaries, etc.) needs to be paid. There is no any reason why these houses would give Charlotte Casiraghi clothes for free. It is not that she is a magnet, attracting crowds running to Valli or Chanel beause she has worn something on the Bal de la Rose...

Mademoiselle Casiraghi is in the lucky circumstances she can purchase clothes from the best brands. But when she gets her clothes for free, why not give it free to Princess Charlène? Or to Madame Carla Bruni-Sarkozy? Or to Princess Isabelle de Ligne de la Trémoïlle née Orsini? It is impossible for couture houses to give it all for free. And... imagine you buy something from Chanel or Gianbattista Valli and it has been worn on a party by someone else... What you thought was couture is just seondhand... No, impossible.

Old 04-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Gianbattista Valli, Chanel and others are commercial enterprises. They need to sell clothes to exist. Their workforce (coupeuses, modinettes, seretaries, etc.) needs to be paid. There is no any reason why these houses would give Charlotte Casiraghi clothes for free. It is not that she is a magnet, attracting crowds running to Valli or Chanel beause she has worn something on the Bal de la Rose...

Mademoiselle Casiraghi is in the lucky circumstances she can purchase clothes from the best brands. But when she gets her clothes for free, why not give it free to Princess Charlène? Or to Madame Carla Bruni-Sarkozy? Or to Princess Isabelle de Ligne de la Trémoïlle née Orsini? It is impossible for couture houses to give it all for free. And... imagine you buy something from Chanel or Gianbattista Valli and it has been worn on a party by someone else... What you thought was couture is just seondhand... No, impossible.

They do not give to her, they just loan them. The day after the gown is back and the publicity is done. Designers very often lend dresse to famous persons for publicity. Do you think that the Hollywood stars pay for the gowns they wear at the Oscars? Of course not. They are all loans.
As for the "second" hand, it is impossible to know that item has been worn.
Pcs Caroline has often appeared to official balls with lended jewelery, why not gowns.
And how could we know that it does not happen also with Pcs Charlene?
Old 04-12-2015, 06:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
They do not give to her, they just loan them. The day after the gown is back and the publicity is done. Designers very often lend dresse to famous persons for publicity. Do you think that the Hollywood stars pay for the gowns they wear at the Oscars? Of course not. They are all loans.
As for the "second" hand, it is impossible to know that item has been worn.
Pcs Caroline has often appeared to official balls with lended jewelery, why not gowns.
And how could we know that it does not happen also with Pcs Charlene?
Have you some pics of Caroline's lended jewelery? I am very curious to see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
Her eldest half sister Isabella is married to an Italian Count, an oil baron; her other half sister Lavinia is married to John Elkann the owner of FCA (former FIAT); and her youngest half sister Matilde is married to a German prince.

So Donna Paola was there. This means that the two lovebirds are officially engaded to marry, although there hasn't been an announcement from Caroline.

Seems like Caroline ignored Paola. Perhaps she hoped in a richer or noble daughter-in-law or both. Besides I think Caroline doesn't like the idea of having Bea's grandmother, who was sentenced for fraud, among her in laws.

VARESE: EREDITA' GUTTUSO, CONDANNATA A 8 MESI MARTA MARZOTTO
Does anybody know where Paola Marzotto lives, if she "works" etc. Is she still with Beatrice's father?
Old 04-13-2015, 05:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
Have you some pics of Caroline's lended jewelery? I am very curious to see them.

I remember it was the Red Cross Ball a couple of years after Pcs Grace death. Caroline was wearing a black gown and a magnificent diamond riviera necklace, bracelet and earrings. Paris Match wrote that it was a loan by Van Cleef, and explained that Pcs Grace and Caroline were often wearing lend pieces for huge events. I remember very well the outfit.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/452048881322083297/

http://worldroyalfamily.blogspot.gr/...grace.html?m=1

A nice collection of pics of the last Rose Ball, including a full view of Pcs Alexandra. Nice dress and fully into the Art Deco theme.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

Many of the dresses at the Oscars are given to the actresses. It's much cheaper to do that than buy a commercial during the Oscars. Plus you have a famous person wearing your dress. It comes out of their advertising budget.

There is no doubt in my mind that PC and Charlotte are given or loaned clothing from Chanel. I read a joint biography about Yves ST Laurent and Karl Lagerfeld. St. Laurent was very jealous of Karl's relationship with PC. He claimed that alot of Chanel's success was due to that relationship. Look how many times the Grimaldis have been on the covers of Vogue. They represent glamour to the world and what they wear sells.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:40 PM
Gentry

I think Princess Caroline is aging very gracefully, without all of that nasty plastic surgery. That shows a woman who is confident in who she is.