The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-28-2015, 05:41 PM
Serene Highness

I can't see Princess Caroline's legs - how are they not flattering?

Old 03-28-2015, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talitha View Post
Beatrice mother never attended before so I think her presence is the ultimate clue that we'llsoon have an official announcement of the wedding
Agree. Nevertheless this family is funny. They use such codified signs in order not to announce the obvious. And on the other hand most of them have kids around without any problem.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

No Charlène, no Gad......sigh..................
Old 03-28-2015, 07:27 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the photos!
The ball seems to grow duller and tackier.

It is nice see Kenzo Takada attending the Ball. It is unfortunate that Prince Emmanuel-Filliberto attended the event with a female friend. I am disappointed with Beatrice Borromeo's look. Charlotte's makeup and dress are terrible.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Who is this beautiful woman in this glorious gown! Great gown!

LINK: Rose Ball 2015 In Aid Of The Princess Grace Foundation In Monaco - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 03-28-2015, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

TRH the Duke and Duchess of Castro were present

Belga Pictures

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 03-28-2015, 09:11 PM
Courtier

I knew there would be a very valid reason for P Charlene not to attend. Thank you, LadyFinn, for ending al unnecessary speculation right there. Hope the little one will be better soon...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 03-28-2015, 11:28 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Alexandra went to the bal this evening. There is a picture of her talking to PA on Casiraghi Trio site. Funny they didn't include her in the family picture. Maybe because of her age.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Moaco Matin said that princess Gabriella was ill and Charlene could not come.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:52 AM
Majesty

I agree. I think there could be a civil ceremony as early as next month, followed by a grand Church wedding in the Borromeo Islands later this summer.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 03-29-2015, 03:00 AM
Administrator

Here's a lovely gallery provided by the Palace that also includes a pic of Princess Alexandra on the dancefloor and has a special focus on the Casiraghis :

** fb: Bal de la Rose 2015 au Sporting d'été de Monte-Carlo **
Old 03-29-2015, 04:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
[FONT="Courier New"]Thanks for the photos!
The ball seems to grow duller and tackier.
i so agree with you about this ball
Old 03-29-2015, 04:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
No Charlène, no Gad......sigh..................
Gad was making a movie in Pattaya this week. He is back, from his Twitter yesterday, he has a flu.
https://twitter.com/gadelmaleh/statu...67722499362816
Old 03-29-2015, 04:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post

LINK: Rose Ball 2015 In Aid Of The Princess Grace Foundation In Monaco - Pictures - Zimbio
That is indeed a glorious gown, the most gorgeous one I've seen in any photos of the event!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 03-29-2015, 04:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilse View Post
I can see Caroline, Albert, Pierre, Beatrice, Charlotte, Duke and Duchess of Castro, Prince Emanuele Filiberto.
Seeing the three last named persons attending the Bal de la Rose, I have every understanding for the absence of Her Serene Highness...

Old 03-29-2015, 04:41 AM
Majesty

The Duke and Duchess of Castro are reportedly friends of Albert. But they strike me as reality TV personalities who are only impersonating Royalty...particularly the wife, Camilla.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post

A great gown? Glorious even? Eeeeerh... Taste is in the eye of the beholder, I know, I know.

However, to me it looks like the underpaid immigrants hired to glue to countless pailettes on the bodice of the dress went on strike, somewhere halfway this dress. The genius of the designer was that he managed to sell this half-fabricate as "Très haute couture, madame!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
The Duke and Duchess of Castro are reportedly friends of Albert. But they strike me as reality TV personalities who are only impersonating Royalty...particularly the wife, Camilla.
The Duchess can look subdued and then suddenly she looks dignified. But sadly she seems to go for the Barbie-look, which does no one any favour, to say it with understatement...

Camilla di Castro has the same 'problem' as Clotilde di Savoia: the "over-posing" (the upper body 2/3 turned towards the photographers, the legs strategically crossed, making big doll's eyes, boobs forward and derrière backward and oh yes.... the goldfish' lips attitude!) All this in the weird assumption that it results in the best photographs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
The Duke and Duchess of Castro are reportedly friends of Albert. [....]

The Bal de la Rose is a fundraising event in favour of La Fondation Princesse Grace. The contents of someone's wallet seems more important, for this event. The Princess of Hannover is chair of the Fondation, so it is Caroline who eventually is in charge of the invitation policy, not the Prince.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:26 AM
Serene Highness

Ok... what was Charlotte with that dress thinking!
The colour and the whole style of it is terrible.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Seeing the three last named persons attending the Bal de la Rose, I have every understanding for the absence of Her Serene Highness...

I'm sure she's far far away from being that snobbish

Here are some more pics:

** voici.fr gallery **

** pm gallery: Le 61ème bal de la Rose à Monaco **

** pp gallery: Bal de la Rose : Caroline sublime, Albert sans Charlene, au chevet de leur fille **

** hellomagazine: Beatrice Borromeo parties with her future in-laws at Monaco's Rose Ball **

** dailymail: Shake it off! Lily Allen gets the royal family of Monaco out of their seats...**
Old 03-29-2015, 10:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
I can't see Princess Caroline's legs - how are they not flattering?
Sorry, Florestane. You' re right. I wanted to write for her arms, that are not very flattering. Thank you for noticing it.

Princess Alexandra of Hannover was there too. See the pics 11/17 and 12/17
of the following gallery: Charlotte Casiraghi, Pierre et sa "future", Lily Allen... - Le 61ème bal de la Rose à Monaco