Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm i don't agree with Charlenes choice of dress or hairstyle.
Can anyone tell me what the bottom half of Charlottes dress is made of?
Caroline looks stunning, she did attend afterall.
x

Charlotte has never been appropriately dressed for her age in the Rose Ball, except for that white dress with feathers, and that´s because of her fanatism for Chanel.

I think Charlotte looks lovely, really gorgeous and the dress is really nice. Charlene's hair reminds me of that scene from There's something about Mary where her hair is kept up by.....

I liked Charlene's dress(for the theme). It was more appropraite for the theme unlike Caroline. Then again, Caroline is not in her early thirties like Charlene.
I like Charlotte's dress choice for the theme but she never wears any color. Never. Pretty boring, though Charlotte doesn't need a flashy gown to look great but still. Wear some color woman, it won't kill you.

I think Charlotte looks lovely, really gorgeous and the dress is really nice. Charlene's hair reminds me of that scene from There's something about Mary where her hair is kept up by.....

HAHAHAA! that's what I thought as well!

I am not fond of the women's dresses. They look nice.....they just don't wow me. Beatrice's dress is beautiful I love the color! Charlene's hairstyle is overpowering her face just a tad! As always though Pierre looks great!

Charlene's hair reminds of A Flock Of Seagulls lol I wonder why Andrea has missed two consecutive Balls now.

I cannnot help thinking, that Charlene - in view of the rock and roll theme of the 50ies - tried to imitate the hairstyle of the King of rock and roll.

:) Must say charlotte would look good in anything and this time she doesn't dissappoint at all. Although with her coloring she can indeed wear color and do it beautifully it's a trait of Pss. Grace that Caroline and her and Stephanie and the girls have. It seems they probably picked black simply because of the biker theme to it?? Perhaaaps?? However, Charlotte dress was beautiful. The guys always look gorgeous and PA and boys did a great job today as well!!! :sun: hope Ernest gets better quick. Did anyone notice --the earrings of Caroline is thaaat white jade?? or opal??? good job!

Could someone please tell me what those things are at the end of caroline's sleeves ,are they bracelets or what?

I cannnot help thinking, that Charlene - in view of the rock and roll theme of the 50ies - tried to imitate the hairstyle of the King of rock and roll.

I like Charlene's look tonight- at least she improving. Her hairstyle didnt photograph well, I love the way it looks from a angle.

Caroline and Charlotte look OK, boring but not bad. Charlotte could have worn something more interesting given the r'n'r theme, but not Balmain, as someone suggested, I don't think she has the right attitude for it.
Charlene looks...as if she walked out of Marc Jacobs latest show :nonono:

Pierre steals the show once again :cool:

Pics of Pierre, Charlotte , Beatrice and Melanie dancing are also up on getty,

I respectfully disagree with you.
At least she keeps things interesting for this family she bears a strong resemblance to Victoria Beckam with this look. I followed the Grimaldis for a long time they need something fresh- good for business!

Prince Rainier knew that he needed a family to present to investors and the world and he did that to perfection. I wonder why Prince Albert dosent get this- the family "look" should be quite diffrent by now. Caroline's children wasnt raised to represent the principality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Rainier knew that he needed a family to present to investors and the world and he did that to perfection. I wonder why Prince Albert dosent get this- the family "look" should be quite diffrent by now. Caroline's children wasnt raised to represent the principality.

As interesting as your question is, it can't be discussed in here or else we could get shut down or have posts deleted. You might want to ask your question in the PA sub-forum.

Youngest generation looked the best this time. Charlotte was just gorgeous. Yes, she was wearing black again but I don't find her boring at all, she looked stunning. Next stunning woman was Beatrice, who is a real beauty and her dress was wonderful. Pierre was cute like always.

Caroline did not disappoint me this time. Last year Red Rose ball she was dressed for the theme but her dress was so revealing. This time her outfit is perfectly matching the theme and fortunately dos not show too much body.;) Caroline's jacket and especially handbag and earrings are just perfect idea: funny, eccentric and eye catching so exactly like 1980s should be.:)

Albert is just Albert, as a guy he did not have much choice in outfit.:rolleyes:

Charlene looked awful. Her hair is just horrible. I know it is 1980s hairdo but it is just bad. The dress is indeed theme matching, not so bad, but Charlene looked really bad in it. It emphasized her manly body.:nonono:

Albert made the same mistake about protocol like always bringing Charlene and entering with her in first row and then sitting her next to himself, so nothing new here.

I hate, hate, hate Charlene's hair. What the heck was she thinking with that?

I like Caroline's dress. It's a lot more demure than what she did last year, and I think she purposely went to the complete opposite end of the spectrum because last year's dress was so badyly recieved.

Beatrice's dress is matronly, and, to me, it looks like she borrowed it from Princess Antoinette! But I was really surprised to see her there. I guess Beatrice and Pierre are kind of serious. They've been dating now for almost a year!

I hate that Stephanie doesn't come to these.

I think the fashion winner is Melanie! I lover her gown!

OMG, it is so funny, those bracelets are champagne bottle toppers. I like it, I admire Caroline's idea, she made a lot of effort to be dressed for the theme and she did this with grace and humor.:)

I thought those two dresses were Chanel,but they are so ugly and plain (the dresses!) that the don't look designer, certainly not Couture!
HO HUM

At least she keeps things interesting for this family she bears a strong resemblance to Victoria Beckam with this look. I followed the Grimaldis for a long time they need something fresh- good for business!

I agree that she presents something interesting. I would not say that she resembles Victoria Beckham with this look, but I would describe her look as fashion forward. When you try something new and unpredictable, there is a big chance it will be criticized. But the courage to look for one's fashion identity is something I appreciate.

As much as Charlotte looks lovely in her gown, it is predictable. She is a beautiful girl, but there is that yawn factor, nothing in her look enhances her beauty or the importance of the event. Sure she has a gorgeous face and that it doesn't need as much adornment, but as Princess Grace demonstrated in those so missed glorious years, a ball is a production event! Especially since Monaco gets its share of attention mostly only during balls and social events.

It really is a matter of taste, but I would as a matter-of-factly say that Charlotte Casiraghi is a more beautiful woman that Charlene Wittstock. But I would predict that it is Charlene who would generate more pictures or interest in the general public as seen in published photos because she took a bigger fashion risk. Neither good nor bad, but for a small country and a "minor" royal family such as Monaco's, any kind of press is good.

Caroline looked so young in those pics.:) I agree that without jacket her dress was plain. Although I like Caroline's look this year, I think she should wear the belt with this white dress, the chain belt that a model wearing the same dress had during fashion show, would be a good idea.

I have to admit that I have seen these ladies look much lovelier than they did this year. I don't like the flaps/pockets on the side of Carolne's dress, her outfit looks better with the black jacket. Charlene wore a lovely dress but I have doubts about the hair, a bit of a 'hair-raisering' experience.

Does anyone know why Princess Stephanie did not attend the Rose Ball?

Here are some very nice and interesting pics of Caroline before
the ball, on March 27 and 28 pics were made during the preperations
for the event. It's great to see how much Caroline is involved in that
and it's nice to see all those people behind the scenes who prepare
such a big event like the Rose Ball.

Caroline of Monaco with Stephane Bern and Maryan Sachs at the
last-minute preparations for the 2009 rock and roll-themed Bal de
la Rose, "Rock n' Rose", to be held at the Sporting Club of Monaco :

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 **

Back
Top Bottom