Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes it was a COSTUME BALL!! SPANISH!! the small bolero jacket charlotte wore is styled along the lines of a bull fighter jacket. Like alot of costume parties, not everyone dresses in a them, which is a shame - i have experienced that in holding fancy dress parties.
Are you sure that it is a Costume Ball?
I think it is a Ball with a theme, but that doesn"t mean that the guests are requested to wear costumes. So, this year, as the theme was the movida, I guess they should have worn " Spainishish" dresses, but not costumes.

I don't know what Princess Caroline was thinking when she wore that horrible
dress I seen her dress much better than that what an upset.Charolette was okay but she still limits herself by just wearing basic black she needs to start wearing more colors.Charlene looked very nice in her dress and both Prince
Albert and Prince Ernest looked handsome in their suits as well.

Rose Ball - March 28th, 2009

This is the thread dedicated to the Rose Ball 2009.
It will take place on Saturday, 28th March 2009 at 8pm at the Monte-Carlo Sporting Club.

Take a look at the previous threads, with pics and information about the Rose Ball
in 2008,2007,2006 or at the special thread A Retrospective: Rose Ball - Monaco

And please take a look at the TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

* *​

Press release

On Monday, February 9, 2009 the first press statement about
this year's Rose Ball was released. Here's a link to the French
version:

Rock'n'Rose Ball

The text says that Princess Caroline had chosen the "Rock'n'Roll" theme
for this year's ball, so we can look forward to an exciting and colourful
evening under the patronage of Princess Caroline and Prince Albert :)

Sounds like a great theme for the Rose Ball! I wonder who will be performing that night. It's quite a coincidence that last year the Red Cross Ball had a rock "concert" with artists from the 60s and now the Rose Ball too has a rock theme.
I agree monaco70. Let's just hope that P. Caroline chooses a more suitable dress to wear than she did last year!!!!! :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

I'm sure she will, I hope this Ball is better than last year's, for some reason everyone was disappointed at the Ball and everything around it.

I hope Princess Caroline will wear something better for the Rose Ball this year. Last year, she chose to wear a horrible black gown.:eek: I am looking forward to seeing the pictures of the Rose ball.:flowers:

Oooo cannot wait for this. Wonder if dear Charlene will attend.
Should be an all round fun evening. Wonder why Princess Caroline chose Rock'n'Roll??

Do they take it in turns to choose what happens every year?

x

Oooo cannot wait for this. Wonder if dear Charlene will attend.
Should be an all round fun evening. Wonder why Princess Caroline chose Rock'n'Roll??

Do they take it in turns to choose what happens every year?

x

I am sure that Charlene will atttend The Rose ball. Why does she miss it?
I accept "the theme of the ball"- RocknRoll. I really hope that Caroline cwill choose a suitable dress for this events. once she had a verry good taste. I won't love a "Rocknroll" dress.

I read from the Pipettes' site that they'll be performing! Should be a great night as they're always a fun group to dance and listen to. I have to admit though, I'd never thought it possible to have Princess Caroline and the Pipettes in the same room. :D

Thanks Moby for the information, who are the Pipettes?
They're a manufactured pop band, or at least they call themselves that. They dress up in polka dot ensembles and totally sound like they're from the sixties/seventies. Check them out at youtube sometime, you might enjoy them. I certainly do! :flowers: ;) But The Pipettes are hardly rock and roll. Still, they're such a fun band, I'm sure they'd get Princess Caroline and company dancing the night away.

what does manufactured mean? I'm sorry if this has been asked before...

I'm sure she will, I hope this Ball is better than last year's, for some reason everyone was disappointed at the Ball and everything around it.

I think that maybe there was too much expectation about the Ball, the ambiance, the ladies's toilletes... And suddenly: disappointment: the ladies ( P. Caroline and Charlotte ) looked like two widows at a funeral ceremony ( all dressed in black ), instead of being at a ball celebrating Spring and the renewal of life. P. Caroline's toillete ( the whole thing and not just the dress ) was a disaster. There was something too dark and too gloomy envolving the event...Brrrr!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the information on the Pipettes ;) Interesting that they opted for a "new" performer, instead of bring on stage some Rock N' Roll legends that are still alive, which I think would have been better yet they kind of did this on the Red Cross Ball. Maybe the reason they chose a new artist was to bring the new generation to the Ball. Maybe Princess Stephanie will surprise us all and attend this year since she's a fan of rock.

Lazuli you've said it well...I guess there was a lot of expectation last year, well there always is. Only time will tell what it will be like this year.

Rose Ball 2009 - what do you think about the event?

[FONT=&quot]From what I know, the organizers promise an exciting and colorful evening under the patronage of Princess Caroline and Prince Albert. Did anyone attend such event in the past? How did you like it? Unfortunatly my friend got a schedule conflict and I will be on my own - would greatly appreciate any comments and suggestions to not to be "lost". Thanks![/FONT]

Are they talking about 1950s & 1960s rock-n-roll or more like 1980s big-hair rock-n-roll?

Only seven days to go. Ican hardly wait...!

Just found out that a Scottish rock band is performing at the Rose Ball - The Fratellis !
They're from Glasgow, and as an Edinburgher I shouldn't even mention them, but they will certainly wake up the Rose Ball!
They're not really Italian Scots, but the lead singer's mother's maiden name is Fratelli....

Is everyone ready for our own "Ball" here at the forums like every year? ;)

I am ready and I am always looking forward to seeing the pictures of the Rose Ball every year!:flowers: Is everyone excited and looking forward to seeing the pictures of the Rose Ball?

I am ready and I am always looking forward to seeing the pictures of the Rose Ball every year!:flowers: Is everyone excited and looking forward to seeing the pictures of the Rose Ball?

I am certainly excited for the pictures, should be a stunning evening, even more if Charlene attends.
x

I really hope that Caroline and her children still attend. I think it's would be a bad idea for Ernst to, even if he wants to, he deserves time to recover. And Caroline, I imagine, would want to help him. It will be very sad if neither of them are there, though.

Has there been anything about the possibility of Louis attending? I've heard that a few times.

Princess Stephanie rarely brings her children into the limelight and I'd doubt that any of her children attend anything like this ball until they become adults -- past 21 or so. Her preference (or so I've read) would be to keep them out of the public lens until they can choose to live privately or in public on their own accord.

Have any of our Monaco friends heard or seen photos of this year's decorations, menus or invitations? I'm looking for some information for the blog post of the even and would appreciate any heads up on those!

Last edited:
I hope Princess Caroline doesn't lack. Can anyone answer me if she uses to wear some kind of tiara, order or something?

I remember princess Grace used to wear majestics dresses, gorgeous tiaras and be very pompous. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found out that a Scottish rock band is performing at the Rose Ball - The Fratellis !
They're from Glasgow, and as an Edinburgher I shouldn't even mention them, but they will certainly wake up the Rose Ball!
They're not really Italian Scots, but the lead singer's mother's maiden name is Fratelli....

The Fratellis, they are amazing.
Wonder how they came to be picked?
x

I'd love to see Stephanie attend. Louis and Pauline attending would be more than cool.

French source TF1 - LCI.fr says attendences of Princess Stephanie and Miss Charlene Wittstock hoped for but not confirmed.

-> Link

I think you have to be the age of 17 to attend the Rose Ball. Stephanie has not attended the Rose Ball in a quite a few years so I don't think she'll be there unless Caroline does not go.

Back
Top Bottom