The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Aristocracy

bea borromeo is a wonderful woman...
they all look ok for me....it´s a pity, Andrea and Tatiana aren´t there (what´s up with them?)
thanks for the photos

Old 03-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Commoner

where is Eugenie? I haven't seen her in any pics. She's not the blond girl that was in the group pic on getty.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some bigger versions of the first pics from today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **
Old 03-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

I think it's a bit harsh to be so hard on Charlene. I think she looked just fine and she was making a huge attempt to support the event by keeping with the theme. Can anyone point to the designer of either of the ladies' dresses?
Old 03-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Nobility

Beatrice's dress is too old for her. It's a great color on her (she's tan enough to not look washed out), but the floor length cut-out sleeves age the dress tremendously.

edit: Now that I can see the pictures more clearly, I really like Caroline's bracelets.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sg1fan View Post
I think it's a bit harsh to be so hard on Charlene. I think she looked just fine and she was making a huge attempt to support the event by keeping with the theme.

But the theme is rock and roll, not punk. She looks awful. From toes to head.
Heir Presumptive

Maryam and Rolf Sachs are there too
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Here are some bigger versions of the first pics from today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **
Pic 5 indicates Caroline hasn't cut her hair I'm pleased to discover
Gentry

Thumbs down

Sorry , Sg1fan , but I don´t agree with you at all . The Royal family play a part , but this doesn´t mean to be badly dressed , and Charlene doesn´t have glamour at all .
Old 03-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

It seems that Charlene Wittstock thought it was a costume ball after all and chose to go as Birgitte Nielsen.
Caroline apparently thought nothing and accordingly chose the dullest mumsy outfit I've ever seen her in.
And Albert's pants are too long.
No elegance and no atmosphere in the pics.
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
But the theme is rock and roll, not punk. She looks awful. From toes to head.
I don't know about her looking awful from head to toe. The theme seems to be 80s rock, so she actually did well in choosing the correct silhouette for her dress. She's tall and broad shoulders like the supermodels of that era, so showing off what she naturally has is keeping up with that theme (if that was what she was going for).
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Glamor is but an opinion and I think Charlene is trying, hard. Why so much more critical of Charlene than say Caroline (who in closeup has hair that is just as "messy").

I agree her hair is lacking but to say she is without glamor at all...that seems unfair.

I also don't see how it is possible to judge their chemistry based on their coming into an event. Do we expect open PDAs from them while they are being photographed?

I'm not a fan of Charlene, at all. However, I think there is a lot of unfairness in how she is presented or resented in the forums simply because of her status or lack thereof.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygen View Post
I don't know about her looking awful from head to toe. The theme seems to be 80s rock, so she actually did well in choosing the correct silhouette for her dress. She's tall and broad shoulders like the supermodels of that era, so showing off what she naturally has is keeping up with that theme (if that was what she was going for).
The theme is Rock N Roll from the 50s till today, they're focusing more on the 50s though.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Royal Highness

I can't help but wonder if Karl Lagerfeld is the one responsible for this outbreak of black & white in recent years.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Nobility

Black isn't that "rock n roll" ! I wish Caroline would've dug up a red Valentino and spiked her hair...I've never seen a pic of Charlene before, she really reminds of Ingrid! the coolest person I've ever met..http://www.thejrnl.com/blog/uploaded...117-758112.jpg

viva l'amour!
Old 03-28-2009, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Please note: The forums are a place of freedom of expression,
but offending comments are not acceptable and will be deleted.
Please try to put it politely, criticism can be expressed without
hard words as well.

Iceflower
Monaco Forum Moderator
Old 03-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sg1fan View Post
Glamor is but an opinion and I think Charlene is trying, hard. Why so much more critical of Charlene than say Caroline (who in closeup has hair that is just as "messy").

I agree her hair is lacking but to say she is without glamor at all...that seems unfair.

I also don't see how it is possible to judge their chemistry based on their coming into an event. Do we expect open PDAs from them while they are being photographed?

I'm not a fan of Charlene, at all. However, I think there is a lot of unfairness in how she is presented or resented in the forums simply because of her status or lack thereof.
I agree. If anything, I applaud her presence and the fact that she keeps things interesting. She will be more crucified I think if she ended up wearing her hair a la Princess Grace or trying to dress like Grace. So why not inject something unique and press worthy?

I am also kind of alarmed with Caroline's face. There is something off ... I don't know if it's her hair pulled like that or her make-up being too pale, but it is not a refreshed face.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I can't help but wonder if Karl Lagerfeld is the one responsible for this outbreak of black & white in recent years.
That would be very possible since he dresses both Caroline and Charlotte. I'm curious to know if anyone recognizes any of the dresses from his collection? I'm even more suspicious of the glove since that's one of his "signature" looks.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Nobility

^ Caroline's dress is Chanel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s View Post
The theme is Rock N Roll from the 50s till today, they're focusing more on the 50s though.
But if it's also 'til today, then Charlene is okay with what she has chosen. Even Caroline's blazer is more 80s than 50s.

The peacock detail is still terrible, though.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Aristocracy

Monaco Rose Ball 28 March « Myroyal’s Blog

Tags
charlene wittstock, charlotte casiraghi, prince albert ii, princess caroline