The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-31-2009, 03:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyS View Post
I think that photo is from the 2008 Rose Ball (a much better look for Charlene IMO)

Everyone is right!! The photo is from another Rose Ball, my mistake!! It is of the 2008 ball. AAaagh!

Old 03-31-2009, 07:51 AM
Serene Highness

I thought Caroline looked fabulous again. I love her sense of whimsy. Charlotte is a beautiful girl and Pierre's girlfriend looked fantastic. Charlene almost always gets it wrong. This was one of those times. My heart goes out to Tatiana and her family and I hope Ernst recovers swiftly. Caroline has a lot on her plate but does her job with dignity and grace.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:48 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Rock'n'Rose Ball

The text says that Princess Caroline had chosen the "Rock'n'Roll" theme
for this year's ball, so we can look forward to an exciting and colourful
evening under the patronage of Princess Caroline and Prince Albert

hello all
where is ernst? in hospital? have i missed something?
thanks
Old 03-31-2009, 11:29 AM
Courtier

Why some members of the family did't attend the Rose Ball

Quote:
hello all
where is ernst? in hospital? have i missed something?
thanks
Several members of the family did not the attend the Rose Ball, and for good reasons. Prince Ernst slipped, fell and had to have surgery on his knee. Tatiana, the girlfriend of Andrea suffered the loss of her father. Princess Stephanie does not allways attend. No reason given as to why.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Charlotte is a great beauty...if only I had been that poised at such a young age! What a dream.

So sad about Tatiana's dad...he did not live to see her marry. And poor Ernst August...speedy recovery!

I got perfume called "Rock and Rose" for my birthday last june...it's Valentino and it does smell wonderful!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:48 PM
Royal Highness

Chuck Berry

Congrats to Caro for thinking of inviting Chuck Berry to the Ball. I hoped he "rocked "their world of Balls and castles.
Deo Juvante
Old 04-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Rose Ball on the cover of Point de Vue this week, obviously!
"Le Bal de la Succession" ???
Cover of Point de Vue

Point de Vue
Old 04-02-2009, 07:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Andrea did attend the Rose Ball in 2007 and in 2006, you can find pics
of both balls in the older Rose Ball threads

Here are two pics of Alex, I'm not sure in which of the galleries pics of
him can be found..

** Alex 1 ** Alex 2 **
I thought that was the Zohan!
Old 04-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Cover of Point de Vue

Point de Vue
German Bunte has chosen Charlotte ( and Caroline) for their cover pic
for their issue with the Rose Ball pics, the title says : "Charlotte Casiraghi.
As beautiful as her mother"

-----> Bunte
Old 04-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

A hidden Kennedy son...descended from the Hapsburg's??! Did I read that cover title of Point de Vue correctly?

Nothing surprises me anymore.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

it is indeed a beautiful cover. Word had been around that kennedy did have child but didn't know from whom?
Old 04-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Commoner

I loved Charlotte's Rose Ball dress a few years ago. The light pink Chanel was amazing!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Gentry

die aktuelle
http://i41.tinypic.com/59zcjo.jpg
Old 04-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Cover of Point de Vue

Point de Vue
Amazing! Point de Vue didn't have any Sarkozy/Bruni dirt to dish this week?
Old 04-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilena View Post
The very beautiful cover is. And two beauties are on the cover at once.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Aristocracy

Point de Vue, the French Magazine, are lying about the son Andrea Casiraghi of Princess Caroline ! Point de Vue wrote : "where is Andrea ? No one can explain why andrea didn't come"

That is not TRUE !!!! We already know that the father of Tatiana, girlfriend of Andrea has passed away the same day of Rose Ball ....

I don't appreciated this Point de Vue magazine ... you know sometimes they make some errors. Its not a first time but several times (sick)
Old 04-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glistening Seas View Post
it is indeed a beautiful cover. Word had been around that kennedy did have child but didn't know from whom?

I have heard and read about a "hidden" son but he looks NOTHING like this guy...and no. He is not descended from the Habsbourg.

This guy on the cover of Point de Vue looks more like his mother than the Kennedys...it's ironic...as a young woman she bore a striking resemblance to Jacqueline Bouvier and in the photo of the young man on the cover he looks like a Bouvier.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Gentry

Oh my.....oh, dear.....where does one begin, or rather, SHOULD I even expend the energy to express my utter dismay at the - again - fashion debacle put on display by Caroline, Charlotte, and - guilt by association - Charlene? Tch tch tch tch.

Caroline: Champagne corks as a bracelet (someone give me oxygen), a hanging white curtain gown offset by a motorcycle jacket...and a motorcycle helmet filled with roses.....how charming. One would suppose there was a pack of ciggies and a lighter stashed amongst the roses.

Charlotte: "The Little Monaco Mermaid meets Elvira". That gown....oh, my dears, that gown! Tch tch tch.

Charlene: As someone else brilliantly said, her upswept, hurricane hairdo was a reminder of Cameron Diaz in "There's Something About Mary".
She also looked as if she stepped straight out from filming a 1980's
ZZ Top video. Oh, dear!

And once again, as always, like a faithful German Shephard, uber designer Herr Karl Lagerfeld, with sunglasses and Michael Jackson white gloves in place, shows up for some schnitzel and schnapps.

Love and dancing....among the ruins.

Now, time for an espresso.

Oops...I didn't have my glasses on when I perused the pics of Caroline. I NOW see that she is not wearing champagne corks on her wrists, but rather those "champagney thingy toppies" that hold the cork in! Even WORSE! Now, darlings, one may argue that this was all in fun, but REALLY!

Me thinks that Caroline should uncork a better vintage - fashion wise. The champagne has gone FLAT, dear - get thee to Donna Karan or Chanel, lickity-split! And will someone PLEASE direct Her Serene Highness to a beauty salon where the hairdresser can apply hair colouring that is not so severe? I mean, is it too much to ask?

Who knows? Perhaps Stephanie had the best time of them all - staying home with the kids and ordering in a pizza and drinking some white wine whilst watching a DVD. Now THAT is an evening Johnnie loves! ;-)
Old 04-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
Oh my.....oh, dear.....where does one begin, or rather, SHOULD I even expend the energy to express my utter dismay at the - again - fashion debacle put on display by Caroline, Charlotte, and - guilt by association - Charlene? Tch tch tch tch.

Caroline: Champagne corks as a bracelet (someone give me oxygen), a hanging white curtain gown offset by a motorcycle jacket...and a motorcycle helmet filled with roses.....how charming. One would suppose there was a pack of ciggies and a lighter stashed amongst the roses.

Charlotte: "The Little Monaco Mermaid meets Elvira". That gown....oh, my dears, that gown! Tch tch tch.

Charlene: As someone else brilliantly said, her upswept, hurricane hairdo was a reminder of Cameron Diaz in "There's Something About Mary".
She also looked as if she stepped straight out from filming a 1980's
ZZ Top video. Oh, dear!
The theme was 1950's Rock and Roll. Caroline has a great sense of humor to put on a motorcyle jacket and put flowers in a helmet. Charlotte looked just fine. Charlene seems never to get the theme and thus does her own thing which explains the punk hairdo. I think you need to lighten up. JMO
Old 04-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Gentry

Lighten up? Well! What is one to make of THAT? Oh, you Americans....dear, dear, dear.

Tags
charlene wittstock, charlotte casiraghi, prince albert ii, princess caroline