The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
Also, I hate to say this, but Albert and Charlene have no chemistry - it just looks so staged....getting bored....
I disagree...I think they refrain from PDA @ formal events...as they should.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Aristocracy

Charlene's teeth were perfect the way they were, IMO.
On the other hand, I really think that Charlotte did something to her teeth.they look too white and perfect.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Monaco’s Caroline and Albert offer a taste of Morocco at annual Rose Ball - hellomagazine.com (29/03/2010).

Thank to all of the girls for the lovely photos!
Old 03-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
Thanks for posting the article queenofthelight!
Well they say : ''Model Beatrice Borromeo was accompanied to the ball by her boyfriend Pierre Casiraghi''. Actually Pierre was accompanied by BeatriceLol,ignore me,i'm just being silly. I love these two together.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like them as a couple too. I thought Beatrice looked amazing, one of the (if not the) best dressed and really fit the Moroccan theme.

Also, I love Andrea's haircut. He looks so much better and now you see his handsome face instead of being distracted by his hair.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:40 AM
Courtier

In keeping with the ethnic theme of the gala, Princess Caroline had her gown made in Niger, according to Point du Vue magazine.

"Caroline, plus resplendissante que jamais dans une robe dun crateur nigrien"

http://www.corbisimages.com/Enlargem...&caller=search
Old 03-31-2010, 02:58 AM
Courtier

Agogo, I'm not trying to be negative here but "nigrien" means "Nigerien" not "Nigerian". So the translation of the phrase would be (excuse my rather terrible French - I haven't spoken it full time for years) "Caroline, more resplendent than ever in a dress of Nigerien creation." So Caroline got her dress made in Niger, not Nigeria.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:18 AM
Heir Apparent

As a French teacher, I can agree with Thecia.

Niger (country) - nigrien (adjective)
Nigria (country) - nigrian (adjective)

See also: French wikipedia:
Nigeria - Wikipédia
Niger - Wikipédia
The national anthem of Niger is "La Nigrienne"
Old 03-31-2010, 12:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
In keeping with the ethnic theme of the gala, Princess Caroline had her gown made in Nigeria, according to Point du Vue magazine.

"Caroline, plus resplendissante que jamais dans une robe dun crateur nigrien"

http://www.corbisimages.com/Enlargem...&caller=search

I'm so sorry to disagree with you all my friends... you all seem to adore P. Caroline's dress, well, i must confess that i find it ugly and unflattering. She should have stick with Chanel this year ( Karl Lagerfeld worked with such nice pale fabrics this year, such nice sand tones and such nice fluid lines, so according to the desert theme and so becoming to the Princess... ). Her beauty, however was undeniable, but that came from her smile, not from her dress or her jewels; Charlene looked like a pale imitation of a princess ( as always ); Charlotte looked lovely!
Old 03-31-2010, 01:15 PM
Nobility

I liked Charlene's dress, although I'd have liked it better if it had been a little less revealing. Had the slit closed about three inches lower, it would have been great.

I was looking at the pix in Point de Vue, and I noticed something in Albert's ear. Is he wearing a hearing aid now?

And, I vote for Andrea looking MUCH better without all the hair and with a bit more weight. Looks much more mature and serious. Still -- IMHO -- there's something just a little off-looking about both him and Pierre that keeps them from being handsome in my book. (They were gorgeous kids, though.)
Old 03-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
I was looking at the pix in Point de Vue, and I noticed something in Albert's ear. Is he wearing a hearing aid now?
He's not wearing a hearing aid At first I thought it was a earplug
against the loud music on the dancefloor, but it actually is a wireless
connection with his bodyguards. As it's so crowded on such a dancefloor
there always has to remain some security.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg709 View Post

I agree with you, except Pierre and Beatrice weren't hanging all over each other, but they appear to be a very adoring couple. I could be wrong, my instincts are all over the place sometimes, but there's something very boring or either something missing about Charlene/Albert. Once again, I could be wrong. I'm actually leaning more towards the former. They're just boring, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera Friedel View Post
On the other hand, I really think that Charlotte did something to her teeth.they look too white and perfect.
I'm glad she did. They were looking disgustingly yellowish brown at one point---I think it was at one of the Monte Carlo Ballets, either 2006 or 2007, where she had on the black dress and the braid in her hair. Quite obviously from smoking. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:33 PM
Serene Highness

Beatrice Borromeo stole the show at the Rose ball 2010 along with Princess Caro.
Beatrice's earrings and whatrlooks like a hand loomed gown were absolutely elegant and definitive for the Ball.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Beatrice Borromeo stole the show at the Rose ball 2010 along with Princess Caro.
Beatrice's earrings and whatrlooks like a hand loomed gown were absolutely elegant and definitive for the Ball.
yesssss-- Beatrice looked magnificent!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Serene Highness

Here are some HQ pictures of Char. Thanks to the FashionSpot
http://i39.tinypic.com/2hwim28.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/123mv6g.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/4kelja.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/e5lgno.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/1zohgmr.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/okd9cm.jpg
Old 04-01-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C
Love the video - you really get the atmosphere of the ball. I enjoy the way Caroline strides out confidently in front of her brother as noted in earlier posts & the "shuffle " dance of Albert on the packed dance floor. What I still don't get is how Pierre & Beatrice arrive & pose as a couple, & Andrea & Charlotte appear together while their partners hover in the background. I only draw attention to this because I'm pretty sure it has happened at previous balls & I wonder why.

Yes. I never noticed that before until someone else brought up that Charlotte and Andrea don't pose or interact with their significant others at the Ball, while Pierre and Beatrice not only pose together but dance together as well. I thought at first maybe it has to do with official status. None of them are married so maybe that's why...but then I remembered Albert. Then I thought perhaps its just a formal thing. Maybe this is the type of function where, as apart of the host country, you've got to mingle with guests. Then I realized I was giving way too much thought to an undeserving subject. Pierre probably doesn't give a you know what about decorum or anything like that. Seems his personality.

Btw, how adorable was he in that video? He looked so cutely startled by all the lights and cameras in his face.
Quote:
Originally posted by sugarbaby318
This is just my opinion, but I think that Pierre doesn't mind being photographed with Beatrice because that is just his personality and he doesn't care. Charlotte and Andrea have always been more reserved. Charlotte especially never seems to like being in the spotlight, particularly with her boyfriends. It would be a bit obnoxious to have people staring at you and taking pictures when you are trying to cut loose and dance, and people would def. be watching her if she and Alex were dancing together. I agree with some of you who have already posted that it is not protocol or anything, but just personal preference.

On another note I think all of the ladies looked lovely this year and Caroline seemed extremely happy! That is good to see
as much as i agree with both of you in regards to personal appearances in the casiraghi trio's behavior when it comes to their partners, decorum and special events, i think it might be possible that we're gonna see the future of monaco in regards to charlotte taking over her mother's mantle in becoming the next hostess of monaco(no offense to tatiana but considering how her mother has played that role and the history behind it, it would perhaps be understandable if that role goes to her daughter who uncannily shares every feature, style and grace to that of her mother and grandmother but she has yet to come out of her shell in her own way whatever that maybe but one i look forward to in the future :) ) with andrea as it's next sovereign prince. i think that even though pierre knows that he's next-in-line after andrea in regards to succession, he seems, obviously to me, that he is aware of what he can and can't get away with(i'm not implying that he might be a spoiled brat or whatever but i think he maybe aware that both his older siblings are quite the media darling and he is more than happy to have them hog the spotlight ). i personally am impressed that these siblings have a very great head on their shoulder showing such maturity at a young age where they know EXACTLY who they are, why they are and what their actions would mean.

it maybe a long post, but i hope you guys don't mind. this is my first time.
thanks...
Old 04-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg709 View Post
IMHO - It's not so much a matter of how you behave in public, even when they know the cameras are there, there would be a natural warmth if they had a real relationship - I don't see that at all; seems too staged. And, what's Prince Albert waiting for exactly - when is the time going to be right? If he's hoping for a legitimate heir/child, Charlene is entering a dangerous age for child birth (particularly, her first); not saying so to be mean, but any mother knows that if you've not given birth before age 35, it's only increasingly difficult, going forward. Maybe that is why we're seeing the change in Andrea.....
Old 04-02-2010, 02:55 AM
Commoner

Edited Video, with music.
Band: Redd Kross - Album: Third Eye - Music: I Don't Know How To Be Your Friend.

You can see Charlotte at 0:20 and 0:42
Old 04-02-2010, 04:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Just one slightly negative note on the Rose Ball 2010:

Why on earth was Frdric Mitterrand there as part of the line up, standing between Caro and Lalla ??

He made headlines recently for all the wrong reasons, after publishing his autobiography "Une mauvaise vie" - "A Bad Life" .....

Quote: "The profusion of young, very attractive and immediately available boys put me in a state of desire I no longer needed to restrain or to hide".

Frédéric Mitterrand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 04-02-2010, 05:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

What's your point, please?
Frdric Mitterand's autobiography, in which he made no secret out of being gay, was published way back in 2005.
Last atumn, strictly based on interpretation of quotes from the book, false allegations of paedophilia were made against him in some French TV show - is that what you're referring to?
Hardly a reason for the Monegasque Princely Family not to have him, the French Minister of Culture and Communication who happens to be a gay man, in their official line up at the Rose Ball.