The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-07-2010, 02:34 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
How could anyone be disappointed about a partner who's caring
for and obliging towards his sister or sibblings in general?! I feel
that's a kind of strange feeling you've had.
there's certainly no question his loyalty to PC. i think it is wonderful - thats not the point i am making.
how abt. people try to put themselves in somebody else's place, thats all.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by foursox View Post
does anyone else notice that PA sometimes has his hand behind PC and not behind CW? i feel he should be made aware of it and i wonder how CW feels about that. personally, i would feel a little disappointed with him.
If anyone looks annoyed/upset with Albert putting his hand on Caroline's back it's Caroline! I could be reading too much into this but in the No Comment video, there's a certain chilliness in Caroline's body language towards Albert - there's very little eye contact, she seems to avoiding interaction with him and at one point she almost physically turns away from Albert. I know they were posing for photos but they have looked closer in previous years. Not to mention when Caroline, Albert and Charlene were walking down the steps, Caroline was way out in front by herself. That and you could drive a bus through the gap between them. If you love your brother, stand close to him! Okay, maybe that's going a little too far - of course Caroline loves Albert but I didn't see much "loving" behaviour between the two of them. They appeared much closer at the Damien Hirst exhibition - standing close to each other, making eye contact, talking, smiling and engaging with each other. I'm not trying to bash anyone but the difference seems to be that Charlene wasn't there.
ETA: It's not much but Albert has his hand on Charlene's back in this photo, this photo, this one and this one. There's this one too. Just, you know, saying...

Old 04-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

I think one shouldn't read too much into certain gestures and
looks, as these are only very short snapshots. Interpretations
can often get too lopsided.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Tatiana actually wasn't accurate with her accesory in the forehead. That "tikka" is used by hindu women, not moroccan, as I read in another forum.
The "tikka' has been used by Oriental women[Hindu} rarely nowadays] and Moroccan ones too if you look at older paintings=-just that they are mainly in silver-some are in gold and the tikka is what I call it and it is used in Morocco.Tatiana was accurate. She would have been leaning to Hinduism if she had put a red dot in the middle of her forehead her to wear that tikka above at the hairline otherwise it does not stand for anything in Hindustan.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent

You're right, Iceflower. It's far too easy to think one can read "body language".

Albert is a middle-aged gentleman who will "shepherd" his lady (or ladies) into a crowded room. It's a habit, and not such a bad one!

As an ardent feminist I have always tried to open doors for men of any age, e.g. when they were carrying things etc.
They almost always resisted my gesture, but I still keep doing it - to very little avail :-))
Old 04-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Royal Highness

Caro Pa & CW on the magazine's cover

www.pointdevue.fr/pointdevue-archive/1266/2010/page1
chartulary of the inkpot and the archives- I found this; a rare
photo cover of these three Caro and PA with his companion CW