The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-26-2006, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks a lot to everyone who posted pics from this year's Rose Ball.

I must say that I really liked this year's Ball, I feel myself and some of us were at first kind of dissapointed because Stephanie wasn't there and Charlotte's dress, but as the pics came arriving, especially those of the family dancing and having dinner, it made me happy to see everyone happy last night.

Wish there are soon some videos online from the Ball :)

It's also nice to see a young crowd at the Ball because afterall they are the ones who will attend these events in the future and continue the tradition.

Once again too bad Stephanie couldn't attend, but as President of the International Circus Festival, she also has duties. If I'm not mistaken the Knie family is involved actively with the Festival too since many years ago.

I'm sure and hope we'll see her and the whole family at this year's Red Cross. BTW we still have a couple of galas for the upcoming months...AMADE, the Grand Prix, SPA, TV Festival, and lots of events. Afterall the social season in Monaco is during the Spring/Summer. Who knows and we may get pics of Charlotte and her brothers with her mom, aunt, or uncle attending some functions.

Old 03-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s
Thanks a lot to everyone who posted pics from this year's Rose Ball.

I must say that I really liked this year's Ball, I feel myself and some of us were at first kind of dissapointed because Stephanie wasn't there and Charlotte's dress, but as the pics came arriving, especially those of the family dancing and having dinner, it made me happy to see everyone happy last night.

Wish there are soon some videos online from the Ball :)

It's also nice to see a young crowd at the Ball because afterall they are the ones who will attend these events in the future and continue the tradition.

Once again too bad Stephanie couldn't attend, but as President of the International Circus Festival, she also has duties. If I'm not mistaken the Knie family is involved actively with the Festival too since many years ago.

I'm sure and hope we'll see her and the whole family at this year's Red Cross. BTW we still have a couple of galas for the upcoming months...AMADE, the Grand Prix, SPA, TV Festival, and lots of events. Afterall the social season in Monaco is during the Spring/Summer. Who knows and we may get pics of Charlotte and her brothers with her mom, aunt, or uncle attending some functions.
Completely agree with you ....

After all Stephanie was just working this weekend...as she said there's a lot to do all year long to keep the Festival running ...:)

Old 03-26-2006, 03:30 PM
Majesty

I have to say that I really like Caroline's outfit.... It doesn't matter to me that it is black, again. I myself love to wear black clothes and she is still mourning... So I think it is absolutly okay.... But the most important, I love her hair and make-up. That kind of dark hair looks great on her.... Like I said before I love black.... So I surely wasn't disappointed by the outfit.....
Old 03-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
I have to say that I really like Caroline's outfit.... It doesn't matter to me that it is black, again. I myself love to wear black clothes and she is still mourning... So I think it is absolutly okay.... But the most important, I love her hair and make-up. That kind of dark hair looks great on her.... Like I said before I love black.... So I surely wasn't disappointed by the outfit.....
Me too ... I liked the outfit...black is ok for the mourning year...:)
Old 03-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

AbacaPress Gallary

...nice pics....
Old 03-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Majesty

Abaca Part 1

Old 03-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Majesty

Abaca Part 2

Old 03-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Majesty

Abaca Part 3

Old 03-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Courtier

I think the two young couples were seated in front of eachother: Felix in front of Char and Tatiana in front of Andrea, while Eugenie was seated in front of Pierre (who knows, maybe another one of Char friends will "capture" Char's other brother). Does anyone have a bigger pic of the table to check the seats?
Old 03-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Majesty

Abaca Part 4

Old 03-26-2006, 03:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
I think the two young couples were seated in front of eachother: Felix in front of Char and Tatiana in front of Andrea, while Eugenie was seated in front of Pierre (who knows, maybe another one of Char friends will "capture" Char's other brother). Does anyone have a bigger pic of the table to check the seats?
Sorry but I really don't think that it was Felix next to Tatiana.... That boy looked so different.... Not sure...
Old 03-26-2006, 04:20 PM
Majesty

Here is the first video - TF1 Ouverture du Bal de la rose à Monaco aux couleurs de la Jamaïque
Old 03-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Courtier

Charlotte looked lovely...she carried the dress well but I would have advised against the black shoes and jacket.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
Charlotte looked lovely...she carried the dress well but I would have advised against the black shoes and jacket.
agreed. not many people could have carried that off. i also would have advised against the black shoes and jacket. perhaps silver shoes and no jacket at all. Otherwise she looked beautiful. As well Andrea and Pierre looked handsome. They all looked like they had a great time.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
I don't think Caroline's dress improved from the back view.

Yes, she likes Chanel. But to wear black to an event whose very theme encourages colour is rather silly. Even Charlotte was more colorful in her pink! (Which, despite it not being fitted enough in her midriff-giving her a slightly poochy/pregnant look, was a better look and worked great on Charlotte.)

Caroline, you have great colouring. Show it off! Dare to be bold. Try something gray with white piping even!

Ann
Yeah, well, I would say Caroline had an eye for the details! I'm referring to her handbag, shoes, nails, jewelery and the roses. Beautiful colours.

I hope Stephanie had a nice time too, while we were busy missing her...

:)
Old 03-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
I think that who KL had it in the show. Someone posted a pic earlier where the model is wearing the jacket closed.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
I think that who KL had it in the show. Someone posted a pic earlier where the model is wearing the jacket closed.
Hmmm....interesting....yet sometimes runway to real way just doesn't translate.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Royal Highness

Cool

Thank you to everyone for your pictures. Caroline has always looked like her mother, but in these pictures she looked so much like Princess Grace.:)
Old 03-26-2006, 07:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz_scezar
And las question for you: All of you are from Europe??? Are you from Monaco???

Kisses

Liz - TFAF:o
I'm not from Monaco, but I'm from Italy, and Monaco is right next to Italy.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Speaking of Karl Lagerfeld and Chanel, if I'm not mistaken he usually designs the dressed the girls who hand in the bouquets to the Princesses wear and also has a bit to do with the design of the tableware. BTW in one pic I think you could see Countess Albina de Bousvirray, a relative of the Grimaldis, and Charlotte's godmother.