The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Exactly. She is like a Boticelli painting, but in the meantime modern.
I dream to see her marying Pierre. She will be the most beautiful bride ever, the only one who could equal Grace Kelly.
the only one who could equal Grace Kelly: you're so right, Fandesacs2003

Old 03-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Courtier

Rita Ora shows off her legs in Burlesque-style outfit as she performs in Monaco | Mail Online

Old 03-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Aristocracy

Karl's shoes are terrible for this event. Very dusty, not shined at all.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I think the Rose Ball is always one of the tackiest of the season in Monaco and putting Kaiser Karl in charge just made it more so..
I think you have put your finger on the problem. The pics from The Daily Mail ( which include the first we've seen of the dance floor) just underline your point.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Looks like the inside of a strip club not a Ball.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Serene Highness

(Whisper) Whatever they may decide to do, the Grimaldis will always look more or less tacky. That's pretty sad because there's some real potential for some major, and tasteful, glam.
I give up ...
Old 03-25-2013, 12:47 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Yes, I think it is Melanie.
I think so too but where is Elisabeth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I think you have put your finger on the problem. The pics from The Daily Mail ( which include the first we've seen of the dance floor) just underline your point.
Do they ever! I shouldn't have asked for dance pictures..eeek.. This looks more like a Moulin Rouge performance than a princely event..I would not pay a penny for this. Grace would have never tolerated anything like that..Oh, how I miss her elegance and class..No one can ever measure up to her..she was truly a Serene Highness.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:48 AM
Courtier

I love charlottes hair! in the small thumbnail she looked like Maggie from walking dead show lol . and I agree with the comment on Charlottes posture one pic looks like she tryd not to be too tall for Gad lol. but I really like her look here its the more mature for her that ive seen and the two look good together for this event. especially like this pic: 'Bal De La Rose Du Rocher' In Aid Of The Fondation Princess Grace - 150th Anniversary Of The SBM - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 03-25-2013, 04:14 AM
Aristocracy

The most pics of the Rose Ball are those of Char and Gad. Isn't it unfair for Pierre and Bea?
Old 03-25-2013, 04:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
The most pics of the Rose Ball are those of Char and Gad. Isn't it unfair for Pierre and Bea?
It is quite understandable that the most photos are of Charlotte and Gad, since they were at the first time in an official event with the princely family. Pierre and Beatrice are already regulars.
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/B...n3uJT9YGRx.jpg

Theophilus London, who performed at the Rose Ball, with princess Caroline.
https://twitter.com/TheophilusL/stat...738560/photo/1
Old 03-25-2013, 04:25 AM
Courtier

I dont think so capri. Charlotte had always been more of the popular one, I believe, and maby more now that shes public and dating some one known. I like this way lol. I dont see what every one does with bea, and comparing her to grace is silly imo.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mahala View Post
I dont think so capri. Charlotte had always been more of the popular one, I believe, and maby more now that shes public and dating some one known. I like this way lol. I dont see what every one does with bea, and comparing her to grace is silly imo.
It' s not bad to be different opinions for the same topic.
I also find Bea to have a strong personality. I've seen some interviews of hers. She has attitude and can discuss about many subjects (like politics).
Of course, Char is a very beautiful girl, too.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Elisabeth-Anne de Massy was missing this year,I did see her daughter Mélanie Massy de Lusignan in some of the group photo's.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

By now she also seems to prefer the Red Cross Ball in summer. I think the last Rose Ball she attended was in 2008.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, it's interesting how some of the family seems to have evolved into a routine of who attends the Rosé/Red Cross Ball - particularly in the case of Stephanie. I wonder why this is so.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I like Charlene's outfit. I like that she's not afraid of fashion. Kate would look great in this dress, also.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Caroline: mutton dressed as lamb, needs to stop wearing clothes she could have gotten away with 20 yrs ago but can't anymore.
Charlotte: went for the full Moulon Rouge look.
Charlene: leave the biker chick jacket back at the palace, gown itself was actually quite nice.
Karl Lagerfeld: maybe time to retire but please do not take up a second career in interior design, you made the venue look like a strip club/whore house. Did he have poll dancers or lap dancers brought in to entertain? No one would look elegant in that enviroment.
Stephanie: you were smart to avoid this event. Bonus points for you.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

By now she also seems to prefer the Red Cross Ball in summer. I think the last Rose Ball she attended was in 2008.
Ah perhaps I was mixing them up,thanks!
Old 03-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

In overall, I found this year ball OK but nothing spectacular. The Belle Epoque theme is a nice one but I'm not sure about mixing it with Pop.
Charlotte looks very nice, I love her hair and thought her dress is not amazing, it respects the theme, resembling the can-can dancers. Her hair is amazing and she seemed happier than ever and very confortable, which is good to see since she always looks the opposite.
Caroline's dress was amazing, though I don't get what it had to do with the theme, it's a YES for me.
Charlene looked terrible. There is nothing I like, dress, jacket, make up, hair, blaaahhh.

Is it Cecile in red? http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...38_634x492.jpg She looks very elegant in her dress.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it is Cecile with the red dress.

Tags
ball, charlotte casiraghi, pierre casiraghi, prince albert ii, princess caroline, princess charlene