The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-21-2016, 09:36 PM
Serene Highness

^I think Alexandra wore a Chanel costume and it was inspired by Korean (?) costumes? That's why the belt is so high.

Edit: http://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebri...-fashion-2016/

http://hbz.h-cdn.co/assets/15/19/980...l-korea-52.jpg

Yeah, I was right about the Korean inspired outfit. Typical costumes from SK

http://nimg.sulekha.com/others/origi...15-8-40-38.jpg

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 03-21-2016, 11:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

To me, it is not odd to perform separate royal duties as a couple. What IS odd to me however, is for one spouse to be absent at events, while duties, are galas, where one naturally brings a date. This would include weddings, balls, etc. I've seen several arguments floated - she wants to be a mother first and foremost. Fair enough, but she hardly has such a grueling schedules that she can't take an evening away (especially considering the nannies and the fact they are likely in bed by 7-7:30 pm), or that she dislikes balls - she's the wife of a reigning prince and they hold TWO balls a year, I think she can deal with that and in fact has an obligation to do so.

If you don't show up at the wedding of your husband's nephew and you don't show up at a ball if your sister-in-law and her family are also in attendance, it can only mean one thing to me; there's a rift. Why, who caused it, I don't know. However, the rift seems clear as day to me.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
To me, it is not odd to perform separate royal duties as a couple. What IS odd to me however, is for one spouse to be absent at events, while duties, are galas, where one naturally brings a date. This would include weddings, balls, etc. I've seen several arguments floated - she wants to be a mother first and foremost. Fair enough, but she hardly has such a grueling schedules that she can't take an evening away (especially considering the nannies and the fact they are likely in bed by 7-7:30 pm), or that she dislikes balls - she's the wife of a reigning prince and they hold TWO balls a year, I think she can deal with that and in fact has an obligation to do so.

If you don't show up at the wedding of your husband's nephew and you don't show up at a ball if your sister-in-law and her family are also in attendance, it can only mean one thing to me; there's a rift. Why, who caused it, I don't know. However, the rift seems clear as day to me.

I think you could be right I don't think Caroline would be a warm and fuzzy sister in law which of course is just MO. Sometimes there is no going back after a family upset which is very sad. They did all seem happy about the twins but thats not saying they all get on.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-22-2016, 01:45 AM
Courtier

AFAIK she did attend the civil weddings of both Andrea and Pierre. She returned to Monaco for some events in order to allow P Albert to stay for Andrea's religious wedding in Switserland. Neither she nor P Albert attended Pierre's religious wedding, if I remember correctly. I will be surprised if there are bad vibes between the family members. And if that is the case I feel sorry for P Albert, since he will be in the middle of it.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 03-22-2016, 03:35 AM
Administrator

Let us please get back to the topic of this thread! Further off-topic posts will be deleted without notice! Thank you!
Old 03-22-2016, 08:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
With all respect, a fundraising ball is hardly a "signature event"... The only real signature events are -nationally- the Fête Nationale and Sainte-Devote, and -internationally- the Grand Prix Formule 1 in the streets of Monte-Carlo.
But the Bal de la Rose is NOT just any fundraising ball. It is the first of THE two grand balls associated with the Principality and it's Sovereign Famiy...the second of course being the summer's Red Cross. It has traditionally signaled the beginning of the Spring social season in Monte Carlo.

My opinion is that it's a shame the family has apparently decided to divide up the two events with Caroline and her gorgeous children taking center place at one and the equally gorgeous wife of the Sovereign presiding at the second(IF that is indeed what has happened).

Before her wedding and the birth of the twins Charlene appeared at both. I don't understand why she still can't do that?
Old 03-22-2016, 10:30 PM
Courtier

Princess Alexandria is wearing Princess Grace's diamond choker necklace.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:26 AM
Serene Highness

God, is there any of Grace's jewels that Caroline DOSN'T have her mitts on?
Old 03-23-2016, 07:52 AM
Royal Highness

Ha ha love your post
Old 03-23-2016, 08:09 AM
Serene Highness

Omg we get it, Caroline is the evil gold grabbing sister-in-law. Yawn..
I bet Caroline ordered staff to manhandle Charlene if she dares to attend. Oh wait, this isn't a Disney movie?

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 03-23-2016, 08:40 AM
Serene Highness

I barely post about Caroline and don't really have an opinion on her but she's the only one of the Grimaldi's who wears Grace's bling ( and now her daughter too).Albert was very close to his mother so I just think it's weird that his wife's never worn anything that belonged to her. I also hope that Caroline doesn't own the stuff outright as she might pass it on to her kids and I would prefer that it stays within the Grimaldi family.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:16 AM
Courtier

Grace's jewels were left to Caroline,.I believe, and Stephanie has worn some pieces, usually earrings. Grace didn't actually have that many jewels as she got many on loan. Caroline inherited Rainier's mother's jewels which she often wears.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:35 AM
Royal Highness

Really I wouldn't have thought Grace would have been so short sighted. Surely she would have wanted them to always belong within the Prince family

Old 03-23-2016, 09:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
Grace's jewels were left to Caroline,.I believe, and Stephanie has worn some pieces, usually earrings. Grace didn't actually have that many jewels as she got many on loan. Caroline inherited Rainier's mother's jewels which she often wears.
Why would Grace leave her jewellery to only one child? That seems unlikely surely. I know Rainier's mother left Caroline her stuff but I can't see Grace doing that. I hope that Caroline's pearl and diamond tiara gets left to the Grimaldi family eventually as her own children won't need it.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Why would Grace leave her jewellery to only one child? That seems unlikely surely. I know Rainier's mother left Caroline her stuff but I can't see Grace doing that. I hope that Caroline's pearl and diamond tiara gets left to the Grimaldi family eventually as her own children won't need it.
No idea, I'm only telling you what I think I've read somewhere - actually, I think they were left to Rainier and he passed them on to Caroline with Stephanie having the right to use them when required. Maybe he realised Caroline was going to be more of the blingy jewellery type than Stephanie.

I also have no idea what arrangements Caroline might make for her jewels in her will. She can leave them to her children I suppose, if she wants. There isn't as far as I'm aware an enormously long history attached to the jewels so if they don't return to the "main line of descent" it won't be a huge problem, I don't suppose - although, obviously it's nice for Albert to have something of his mother's to pass on. But he has bought some serious jewels for Charlene so I think there's plenty to go round.

Try the jewellery thread - that may be where I read about this (a long time ago).
Old 03-23-2016, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Does any info about the amount raised by the ball get published? I get it that the Red Cross gets wonderful publicity from the event. But are the financials transparent or hidden?
Old 03-23-2016, 02:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Does any info about the amount raised by the ball get published? I get it that the Red Cross gets wonderful publicity from the event. But are the financials transparent or hidden?
I don't know about that - actually it's usually raising money for the Princess Grace Foundation so possibly it could be on their website. Or the SBM as they help host it...?
Old 03-23-2016, 03:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Really I wouldn't have thought Grace would have been so short sighted. Surely she would have wanted them to always belong within the Prince family

Princess Grace was bypassed by her mother-in-law, the Duchesse de Valentinois. All her jewels went to Princess Caroline. So there was little for Princess Grace to make special provisions for. She wore no jewels with historic significance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
I don't know about that - actually it's usually raising money for the Princess Grace Foundation so possibly it could be on their website. Or the SBM as they help host it...?
In 2014 the Bal de la Rose had € 404.431,-- revenue for the Fondation Princesse Grace. That sounds a lot, but overseeing the public of milliardaires it is mwoah... (link)

For a comparison, the annual AmsterdamDiner (to fight AIDS), without milliardaires but normal people like you and me, raised € 653.000,-- (link). Like the Rose Ball, also that diner has a royal patroness: photo.

With the last amount in mind, I expected more of the clustering of bulky milliardaires sipping Moët & Chandon and tasting a caviar in the Salle des Etoiles... My guess is that the millardaires gave a lot, but that the costs for the venue, the catering, etc. are also astronomic, so that per saldo little remains for the Fondation Princesse Grace.

Old 03-23-2016, 04:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
In 2014 the Bal de la Rose had € 404.431,-- revenue for the Fondation Princesse Grace. That sounds a lot, but overseeing the public of milliardaires it is mwoah... (link)

For a comparison, the annual AmsterdamDiner (to fight AIDS), without milliardaires but normal people like you and me, raised € 653.000,-- (link). Like the Rose Ball, also that diner has a royal patroness: photo.

With the last amount in mind, I expected more of the clustering of bulky milliardaires sipping Moët & Chandon and tasting a caviar in the Salle des Etoiles... My guess is that the millardaires gave a lot, but that the costs for the venue, the catering, etc. are also astronomic, so that per saldo little remains for the Fondation Princesse Grace.

€ 404 431 is better than a kick up the bum. The rich people had fun too.

That's great about the Amsterdam fundraiser - all those "ordinary" people can feel oh so smug and superior because they beat the rich folks in Monte Carlo.

Also, as it appears it's a competition, "ordinary" people probably don't attend as many fundraisers as the millionaires so per head I'm guessing the rich donate more... Not as a proportion of their income, probably but as I said to you before - money's money, it doesn't buy more just because it was given by a sanctimonious ordinary person.

The higher sum had absolutely nothing to do with people digging deep because AIDS charities are popular with donors, of course.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Princess Grace was bypassed by her mother-in-law, the Duchesse de Valentinois. All her jewels went to Princess Caroline. So there was little for Princess Grace to make special provisions for. She wore no jewels with historic significance.
Yes but like Charlene has started to get since her wedding, Grace had a lovely collection of personal jewels she received from her husband and others. Considering Caroline had her grandmother's jewels, it would have been nice if Grace had given her jewels to Stephanie and Albert. At least a chunk of them. May not have historical provenance, but Albert giving his wife earrings or a necklace worn by his mother would be certainly more special than new.