Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with you elektracking: her dress was horrible! However this appears to be the latest fashion, as I saw a picture of Gisele Bundchen wearing a similar dress by Dior! She looks as she were pregnant too!

If I were Caroline I'd had taken advantage of "my" exotic looks and worn a more colourful dress without those horrible bows that remind to Easter eggs!
After all, the theme of this year's ball was "Brazil" wasn't it?

Madame, where has you Latin taste gone? Please quit Lagerfeld and wear Valentino!

Ciao,

Tosca

Monaco70s, do you know if Gina Lollobrigida was there? ;)

Ciao!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tosca indeed Gina Lollobrigida attended this year's Rose Ball ;) And you're so right Caroline's dress reminded me of Gisele's Oscar dress.

Valentino sat next to Caroline this year, and Karl wasn't sitting next to her.

From Getty Images:

I do not think the dress is "really bad".

3 more from Getty:

Only the dress makes her a little look like pregnant but the dress is nice not bad as you guys said.

Attachments

• caroline5.jpg
    caroline5.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,161
  • caroline4.jpg
    caroline4.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 868
  • caroline3.jpg
    caroline3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 810
  • caroline4.jpg
    caroline4.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 819
  • caroline5.jpg
    caroline5.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 787
monaco70s said:
Tosca indeed Gina Lollobrigida attended this year's Rose Ball ;) And you're so right Caroline's dress reminded me of Gisele's Oscar dress.

Valentino sat next to Caroline this year, and Karl wasn't sitting next to her.

Oh, really?

Thanks for info! Ciao!

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Only the dress makes her a little look like pregnant but the dress is nice not bad as you guys said.

De gustibus...

I actually like her dress... I was tired of her wearing dark colors..

Gisele Bündchen's dress

:confused: Here is Gisele Bündchen's dress at Oscars 2005. Decide for youself. Gisele Bündchen is in her late 20s while princess Caroline in her late 40s. I think that the kind of dress both women choose suits Gisele more.

Attachments

• 2005_DicaprioL_02.jpg
    2005_DicaprioL_02.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 3,993
  • 2005_DicaprioL_02.jpg
    2005_DicaprioL_02.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 4,067
i am happy she didn't wear a dark color or black color dress but i have to say it would have been nice for her wear something more her age group.

I agree a lot with Kittencrews! I think the reason while Gisele might look better in that dress is because she doesn't have the large bows and silk layer...

And I think Caro wore that silk layer on top because she didn't want to look inappropiate for her age.

Regardless of age, Caroline looks stunning and beautiful!

Electraking and Monaco70'sI definitely agree with you! Feels like you've read my mind.

Ciao!

I agree also! I think she is so attractive she looks good in whatever she wears.

I bought the new "Point de Vue" magazine... Caroline is featured on the cover and they have a 6 page article about the Rose Ball.. there are beautiful pictures of Caroline and other guests.... My two favorite pictures are 1. of Ernst flirting with one of the Brazilian dancers and 2. of Caroline dancing with her hand in her hair...

Caroline is a beautiful woman and looks good in whatever she wears. It is refreshing to see her in a light color. However, it loos like a maternity dress to me.

I'd like to know what designer made Caroline's dress.
Does anybody know?

I think the 2nd post established that Lagerfeld designed it. I kind of think he is losing his touch a bit. I guess designing for Chanel can bring alot of pressure.

elektraking said:
Here is link with picture of princess Caroline from Rose Ball 2005, Saturday March 19. Her dress is really bad!!:eek:
YES the dress was shocking! It makes her look heavily pregnant! Caroline usually has great tastes in clothes but that dress was definitely a faux pas...it looks alot better on Gisele because she makes it look gypsy-ish but on Caroline...hm...definitely NO

alola said:
I'd like to know what designer made Caroline's dress.
Does anybody know?

According to two amongst Italy's most popular mags, Caroline's dress was designed by Karl Lagerfeld of "la Maison Dior".

Pix of Rose Bal 2005

princess caroline and prince albert in monte-carlo : 19 March 2005

kiss psyché :)

Attachments

• BAL D LA ROSE.jpg
    BAL D LA ROSE.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 2,951
  • 19 MARS.jpg
    19 MARS.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 2,940
  • rose bal.jpg
    rose bal.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 2,953
  • march.jpg
    march.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 2,981
Post here everything about this years Rose Ball

It will be on March 25th and it will start at 8:00 PM

This is one of the major charity events in Monaco. Created in 1954, it benefits the Princess Grace Foundation. Each year H.H.R. The Princess of Hanover selects a new theme. There are always ravishing bouquets of over 25,000 roses to decorate the Salle des Etoiles in the Sporting d'Eté complex. Top-name performers delight the audience, most of them dressed to the nines in designer gowns. The public is welcome to join this prestigious event.
Source: Visit Monaco

It seems this year the theme will be reggae. I think it's a great theme, can't wait to see all those beautiful dresses....

Yes, the theme will be reggae.... Here are some pics:

qzf2i8.jpg
qzf2h2.jpg
qzf2ix.gif

Source: Monaco Tourisme

Pierre and Char57182514.jpg

From Getty Images

more pics with Pierre and Char

57182518.jpg

57182520.jpg[/ATTACH]

From Getty Images

hmm i don't think i like Chars dress very much but then again i've never been a big fan of her style. i hope we get new pics soon!

some more...[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

From Getty Images

Attachments

• 57182522.jpg
    57182522.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 2,711
  • 57182543.jpg
    57182543.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 2,682
  • 57182546.jpg
    57182546.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 2,655
  • 57182547.jpg
    57182547.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 2,676
I think Charlotte's dress isn't that bad. I like it somehow.
Luckily we guys don't have such probs - we always look great in a tuxedo :)

I dont like Charlotte´s dress :D

Back
Top Bottom