The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
An article about the sisters and their swimsuits in 1984, source ebay:
I'm not sure but it can be that the swimsuits they are wearing are made by Steph herself and her company POOL POSITION.
I remeber that Steph also made one especially for her sister when Caro was pregnant with Andrea.

Old 10-27-2005, 11:51 AM
Gentry

Thumbs down The A&E Biography: thumbs down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADKER18
The Princesses of Monaco will be showing tonight on the Biography channel U.K at 8:00pm and tomorrow.
Link:http://www.thebiographychannel.co.uk...showgroup=1183

The daughters of Prince Rainier and Grace Kelly were born to be celebrities. But failed marriages and illegitimate children caused red-hot scandal for the blue-blooded princesses.

I bought this supposed "biography" a year or so ago from A&E's website. Basically the only story it wants to tell, about both of them, is of scandal and love affairs. It has almost nothing to say about their many impressive accomplishments and their hard work on dozens of volunteer projects over the years (except to speak briefly rather disparagingly about Stephanie's singing and modeling, while also getting the chronolgy about it all mixed up). It scarcely mentions their children either.

In America this sort of thing is called "spin." They take some superficial facts, and interpret and present them in a way that tells only the selective story they want to tell. The actual time given to showing both princesses talking themselves, about their own lives, is minimal. It's almost always the narrator or the two main "sources" they interviewed talking ABOUT them. And John Glatt and Judy Bachrach, the two sources they quote the most, seem to have only one attitude toward the sisters: looking down their noses and raising their eyebrows about them; especially Judy Bachrach, who seems to love bitchy gossip, and who incidentally was responsible for last year's Vanity Fair article, which rather smugly showed both princesses in a very bad light.

I would expect this sort of thing from "E! True HOllywood Story" or the like, but it's rather disappointing from A&E. In the end, the only real interest the show had for me, was all of the photos and footage they showed of the princesses at various points in their lives. Also, there are some lovely family anecdotes and excerpts from her correspondance with Princess Grace from a family friend identified as "Micheline Swift" (is that you, Michelle? I think it must be. I hope I spelled the full name right).

Old 10-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapie
I bought this supposed "biography" a year or so ago from A&E's website. Basically the only story it wants to tell, about both of them, is of scandal and love affairs. It has almost nothing to say about their many impressive accomplishments and their hard work on dozens of volunteer projects over the years (except to speak briefly rather disparagingly about Stephanie's singing and modeling, while also getting the chronolgy about it all mixed up). It scarcely mentions their children either.

In America this sort of thing is called "spin." They take some superficial facts, and interpret and present them in a way that tells only the selective story they want to tell. The actual time given to showing both princesses talking themselves, about their own lives, is minimal. It's almost always the narrator or the two main "sources" they interviewed talking ABOUT them. And John Glatt and Judy Bachrach, the two sources they quote the most, seem to have only one attitude toward the sisters: looking down their noses and raising their eyebrows about them; especially Judy Bachrach, who seems to love bitchy gossip, and who incidentally was responsible for last year's Vanity Fair article, which rather smugly showed both princesses in a very bad light.

I would expect this sort of thing from "E! True HOllywood Story" or the like, but it's rather disappointing from A&E. In the end, the only real interest the show had for me, was all of the photos and footage they showed of the princesses at various points in their lives. Also, there are some lovely family anecdotes and excerpts from her correspondance with Princess Grace from a family friend identified as "Micheline Swift" (is that you, Michelle? I think it must be. I hope I spelled the full name right).
Oh :) no no that Micheline is not me :) ... sorry:)
But you're absolutely right about the 'biography' ... I saw a part of i some time ago and it is the same old blabla of superficial stuff. I was disappointed too.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
Oh :) no no that Micheline is not me :) ... sorry:)
But you're absolutely right about the 'biography' ... I saw a part of i some time ago and it is the same old blabla of superficial stuff. I was disappointed too.
Oooh, Michelle, you are definitely that Micheline! :) You're too young to be Princess Grace's friend! This Micheline is Micheline Swift, who was the wife of producer David Swift - friends of Grace from her film career.

I wish I could have seen that biographical film. Just curious, but thank you, Michelle and Mapie, for saving me the time and effort. I'm sure I wouldn't like it. Caro and Steph are wonderful and don't deserve the trashing that they get from people who just want to cash in from featuring them. :)

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 10-28-2005, 09:43 AM
Serene Highness

Those are some eye popping swim suits.
I don't think anyone in the real world would wear them!
Does anyone know how popular they were?
Old 10-28-2005, 11:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Some more sisters-pictures:

(profimedia)
Old 10-28-2005, 12:07 PM
Serene Highness

Michelle Cant see the pics red x's
Old 10-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does it work now?
Old 10-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Nobility

I still can't see them. :(
Old 10-28-2005, 03:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by budge9
I still can't see them. :(
There are 4 pix in my earlier post..can you see those? Just ignore the crosses.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:52 AM
Royal Highness

It's so sweet how Caro looks at Steph in the last pic my sister posted. And Steph's slight smile - seems like they have been telling jokes or something there.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

1979 ....

Steph helping Caro

Two sweeties

(newscom)
Old 11-13-2005, 12:46 AM
Courtier

That's such a lovely pic, Michelle! Thanks for posting.

I believe the two are closer than what people say..... Caroline was the only one Stephanie talked to about the 1982 accident, she didn't even discuss it fully with Rainier or Albert. And when Caroline was in her rebel phase, Stephanie sided with her sister - not with their mother. And we all know Stephanie adored her mother to pieces.

They also look happier being in each other's presence lately..... unlike before when they would sometimes stand apart from each other at official events.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 11-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Love that first pic, thanks Michelle!
And once more I looked at the last pics you posted from profimedia, with Caroline in red and Steph in blue, at these pics you can perfectly see how similar their faces are, especially the nose.. :)
Old 12-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Royal Highness

Monaco's First Ladys ...you go girls...

(zuma, sipa, yahoo)
Old 12-16-2005, 01:34 PM
Courtier

i luv the last pic of stephanie..i neva knew she had such beautiful eyes
Old 12-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

How Steph looks at her sister ....

(eastnews)

Old 12-22-2005, 10:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
How Steph looks at her sister ....

(eastnews)
What emotion do u see there michelle? I think steph is seeing how Caroline is reacting to the childs comments or whatever they are talking about
Old 12-24-2005, 10:00 AM

Hello!

I found the url for some very good pics of the Royal Familiy of Monaco. I hope you enjoy them:
http://robagate.picturemaxx.com/inde...a9d6e2fcd4af93
Unfortunately, they're watermarked...
Old 01-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Caro playing with her baby sister in the late 60s...

(PdV)