The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-10-2018, 02:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
IIRC Princess Grace had apartments in Paris that she (and the kids) pretty much lived in...she and Rainier lived fairly separate lives after a certain point in their marriage.

LaRae
Arrrr I see thanks

Old 08-10-2018, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939 View Post
Arrrr I see thanks
I think she also wanted to keep an eye on Caroline....

Old 08-10-2018, 04:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I think she also wanted to keep an eye on Caroline....
Must of been a bit suffocating for Caroline not to be able to spread her wings a bit, least grace was allowed to go to New York alone .
Old 08-11-2018, 01:47 AM
Royal Highness

Relationships between members of the Princely Family

Didn’t Grace go to Paris a little later?
I’ve read that Caroline stayed with friends of her parents first when she studied in Paris.
When it got out of hand with the press following Caroline and Stephanie went to a Paris high school, Grace and her daughters lived together in the Grimaldi townhouse at Square de l’avenue Foch.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939 View Post
Must of been a bit suffocating for Caroline not to be able to spread her wings a bit, least grace was allowed to go to New York alone .
Since Caroline then ended up in a disastrous marriage, I feel Grace felt she needed to keep an eye on her. And as has been said, she and Rainier spent a lot of time apart...