Relationships between members of the Princely Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was glad to see Princess Caroline and princess Stephanie chatting in waiting the religious wedding, I did not see the sisters speaking after the civil wedding and princess Stephanie seemed to be very alone with her children before the concert of J.M Jarre. I was glad to see the nieces reading the parts of the bible at the wedding of their uncle. Prince Albert was always there for them when their parents had wedding problems. Charlene said that she likes very much her sisters in laws and the nephews of Prince Albert. She trained with Pauline in the swimming pool. Last red cross gala, the both sisters were there with the couple to make see that they support the couple against all the rumors. It is good to see that the family is united.

She trained with Pauline in the swimming pool
Are there any photos of that? I was hoping Charlene could help and train in a way with Pauline but I never read anything or saw any photos of that.

Yes she is. But most swimmer are also good diver.

Hi Melina,

You're so right - it is nice to see the family (more or less) united once again.

And, whether swimmer or diver, the Family has three Olympians to boast of, and more sportspersons in the pipeline.

All they need now is offspring..... :))

I seem to remember spotting more interaction between Caroline & Stephanie at the weekend festivities than I have seen for a long time. They are now so rarely together at official occasions, that I made a point of looking out for this. Imo, there didn't appear to been the forced exchanges that appeared to characterise their relationship in the past.
It was sad however, to see both women sat next to each other, surrounded by their flourishing offspring, without any of the fathers able to share in this family occasion.

I was thinking the same thing, Caroline and Stephanie are basically single parents without the comfort and support of a spouse. They are in their middle years and have to shoulder all responsibilities, make most decisions on their own. That is too sad.

Maybe it's not like that for them.... They may well be glad to be unencumbered, at least by males.

These are strong-willed women, with a bevy of commitments, both private and charity-related, and who knows what else....

HRH The Princess of Hanover and her stepsons!

I just read that Princess Caroline has a close relationship with her two stepsons despite the fact that their father and she are separated. I also read that they, the two sons were invited to Princess Albert's wedding and that the two had prominent seats right behind Princess Caroline's four children at the ceremony.

I think that is just so awesome.

I just read that Princess Caroline has a close relationship with her two stepsons despite the fact that their father and she are separated. I also read that they, the two sons were invited to Princess Albert's wedding and that the two had prominent seats right behind Princess Caroline's four children at the ceremony.

I think that is just so awesome.

Quite right. I too, was beautifully surprised. It was a very delicate and thoughtful attitude of P. Albert and P. Caroline to invite the Hannover's, not only towards the boys themselves, but also, and mostly, towards P. Alexandra. Amazing! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Apologies if this has already been covered but what sort of a relationship do Charlene and Charlotte have. ?

I know that one can't judge properly by looking at pictures but I always get the impression that their relationship isn't great. ?

In one lot of pictures that I saw prior to the wedding it nearly looked as if the two girls had come to blows. ? :ohmy:

Last edited:
Apologies if this has already been covered but what sort of a relationship do Charlene and Charlotte have. ?

I know that one can't judge properly by looking at pictures by I always get the impression that their relationship isn't great. ?

In one lot of pictures that I saw prior to the wedding it nearly looked as if the two girls had come to blows. ? :ohmy:

Really, I didn't notice something special. On the other hand, Alexandra seems to love her. Have you seen the picture of Alexandra hugging her before le pique nique annuel de Monaco? But Alexandra is always nice with everyone. This girl is a gift :flowers:

Really, I didn't notice something special. On the other hand, Alexandra seems to love her. Have you seen the picture of Alexandra hugging her before le pique nique annuel de Monaco? But Alexandra is always nice with everyone. This girl is a gift :flowers:

Hello, titiromi, :flowers:

Thanks for that. No, I didn't see the pictures of Charlene and Alexandra. I agree, Alexandra is a darling child.

Again, my impressions about Charlene and Charlotte have only been formed from looking at pictures, which can, of course, be very deceptive. I have never seen anything negative written in print.

Since Caroline and Charlotte have a 20+ year age difference not to mention vastly different interests and backgrounds, it is probably safe to assume that they are not terribly close.

But I have seen more than one photo of them chatting casually and with ease. All of Caroline's children seem to adore Albert and are probably prepared to love-or at least accept-anyone that he loves.

Last edited:
I assume you mean Caroline & Charlene? They're the ones that have a 21-year age difference (Caroline will turn 55 on January 23rd; Charlene 34 on January 25th). Caroline is about the same age as Charlene's mother.

And yes I agree with what you state, but it's obvious to see they get along, and Caroline is rightfully taking her place behind Princess Charlene, First Lady of Monaco.

Caroline continues her duties in the background and is slowly phasing her & her family out of the spotlight, as it should be, only coming forward when needed. And when Prince Albert & Princess Charlene have children his siblings and their children will be even further pushed into the background, the same way Princess Antoinette & her children were, and in the same way Prince Charles siblings have been, including their children. This is the way it has always been, and will continue to be, it's tradition. No hard feelings on anybody's part, they will continue to do their part in the background.

It's also good to note that the Grimaldi Family is close (always have been), including extended family, so I don't see any bad feelings. Any talk to the contrary is gossip and mean-spiritedness imho.

Yes, thank you very much Nadine...I meant to discuss the relationship between Charlene and Charlotte...I am a bit loopy thi evening!

It's also good to note that the Grimaldi Family is close (always have been), including extended family, so I don't see any bad feelings. Any talk to the contrary is gossip and mean-spiritedness imho.

My intention, when I raised the subject about Charlene and Charlotte, was not intended to be mean-spirited. I merely sought clarification about something which I was unsure about from people who are more au-fait with the goings on in the Grimaldi family than I am.

Out of Caroline Albert and Stephanie who got on better with their parents

Just wondering out of the 3 children who were closer to Prince Rainer and Princess Grace ... I know Princess Caroline say her mother was strict (I’m not saying she wasn’t close to them) , but When ever Prince Albert speaks about his mom it’s always with great warmth ....

Just wondering out of the 3 children who were closer to Prince Rainer and Princess Grace ... I know Princess Caroline say her mother was strict (I’m not saying she wasn’t close to them) , but When ever Prince Albert speaks about his mom it’s always with great warmth ....
Princess Grace was definitely very close to Albert but also Stéphanie.
Prince Rainier very close to Caroline.

Just wondering , why did Princess Grace go to Paris when Caroline was in university there wo7kdnt of been better for Caroline to have space from her parents at that age ?

IIRC Princess Grace had apartments in Paris that she (and the kids) pretty much lived in...she and Rainier lived fairly separate lives after a certain point in their marriage.

LaRae

IIRC Princess Grace had apartments in Paris that she (and the kids) pretty much lived in...she and Rainier lived fairly separate lives after a certain point in their marriage.

LaRae

Arrrr I see thanks

I think she also wanted to keep an eye on Caroline....

Must of been a bit suffocating for Caroline not to be able to spread her wings a bit, least grace was allowed to go to New York alone .

Didn’t Grace go to Paris a little later?
I’ve read that Caroline stayed with friends of her parents first when she studied in Paris.
When it got out of hand with the press following Caroline and Stephanie went to a Paris high school, Grace and her daughters lived together in the Grimaldi townhouse at Square de l’avenue Foch.

Must of been a bit suffocating for Caroline not to be able to spread her wings a bit, least grace was allowed to go to New York alone .
Since Caroline then ended up in a disastrous marriage, I feel Grace felt she needed to keep an eye on her. And as has been said, she and Rainier spent a lot of time apart...

Back
Top Bottom