Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2019, 2021 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really sad to see that the rest of the family prefer to absent themselves from this major event of the summer in Monaco. How I miss the days when there were three Monaco princesses in attendance ( four if you include Princess Antoinette). The thread to discuss the Ball used to go on for pages, but there's very little to discuss these days. Not even an entry on the jewellery thread.

:previous: I miss those days too. It just isn't the same and it's not as fun.

No other family on this Forum has the glamour of the Grimaldis in full effect, imo.

Here's a video of the ball - much too short though:

I know times have changed yet I see that most women do not dress with any sense of class or being lady like......showing everything you have speaks of a woman down grading herself for a man or whomever. So few there understood the manner of dressing like a lady, what elegant and chic is, not even Charlene did that..more of a cheap Las Vegas showgirl dressing for a night on the town.

:previous: I miss those days too. It just isn't the same and it's not as fun.

No other family on this Forum has the glamour of the Grimaldis in full effect, imo.

Come oooooon..... Not the Swedish royal ladies glitzing and glamming all the way at the Nobel Prize Ceremony, not even the British royal ladies in all their fine millinery at the Trooping, not the sight of Dutch royals in a eight-horses-drawn golden carriage amidst a spectacular ceremonial procession on their way to Parliament, etc. can tip to the glamour of Monaco?

Do you realize that the princely family are just attending fundraisers (the one for the Monegasque Red Cross, the other for the Fondation Princesse Grace) where the rich have fo pay loads of Euros to see and to be seen? A Princess Antoinette, a Princess Stéphanie, a Princess Caroline, a Princess Charlène, all beautiful, but that no any royal family comes close to them in glamour, come on!

Even in her highday, Princess Grace faced serious competition from fabulously beautiful and glamorous ladies as Princess Paola of Belgium, Empress Farah Diba or even a Princess Anne.

Last edited:
Come oooooon..... Not the Swedish royal ladies glitzing and glamming all the way at the Nobel Prize Ceremony, not even the British royal ladies in all their fine millinery at the Trooping, not the sight of Dutch royals in a eight-horses-drawn golden carriage amidst a spectacular ceremonial procession on their way to Parliament, etc. can tip to the glamour of Monaco?

Do you realize that the princely family are just attending fundraisers (the one for the Monegasque Red Cross, the other for the Fondation Princesse Grace) where the rich have fo pay loads of Euros to see and to be seen? A Princess Antoinette, a Princess Stéphanie, a Princess Caroline, a Princess Charlène, all beautiful, but that no any royal family comes close to them in glamour, come on!

Even in her highday, Princess Grace faced serious competition from fabulously beautiful and glamorous ladies as Princess Paola of Belgium, Empress Farah Diba or even a Princess Anne.
Moonmaiden did say it was her opinion - opinions are by their very nature subjective. And I agree that the events were more interesting and fun to follow when there were more members of the family present.

I don't understand your point about fundraisers. You've said something similar in the past - I don't get the problem with people having fun and raising money at the same time... ?

Since 2010, it is the same song from some posters here, the Red Cross gala is less glamour, it is not elegant and so...
The red cross gala is the most important charity gala in the world where the minister of the state, the governement, the national council and their wife or huband, all the most important persons are attending , it is the most important gala in monaco where the politic people, the very important people have to attend.

CULTURE - RED CROSS BALL

Albert is the president of the Red Cross since 1982, the prince rainier and her sisters were attending this gala because Albert was not married ,as this gala was very important and it was under his presidency which some people were forgetting that it was not under the presidency of Caroline or Stephanie. Now times changed , Albert is married and it is under the presidency of the princely couple, Caroline did not attend the RCG since 2009 apart 2011 and 2013 and her children did not attend the Red Cross gala, it is like the pic nic of Monaco, the celebrations of Sainte Devote untill the death if Prince Rainer , all the members of the family attended these fests, after, everybody was doing what he wants

From 1958 to 1980, the princely couple Rainier and Grace were alone, no attendance of princess Antoinette nor her children who had the age to attend the gala, after, came Albert and Caroline

In the next years, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella will attend the gala near their parents , times will have changed again.

Now there are new singers who are singing, untill 2014, there were old rockers now it is more modern to attrackt the people who paid 1200 euros their place.and you cannot see if the persons have no fun now only a glance on a photo

The rose bal is not more glamour or more interessing than the Red Cross gala

All the medias have good comments about the red cross gala of this year.

Near Albert, there were his cousin Susan Kelly , her son William and her daughter in law.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since 2010, it is the same song from some posters here, the Red Cross gala is less glamour, it is not elegant and so...
The red cross gala is the most important charity gala in the world where the minister of the state, the governement, the national council and their wife or huband, all the most important persons are attending , it is the most important gala in monaco where the politic people, the very important people have to attend.

CULTURE - RED CROSS BALL

Albert is the president of the Red Cross since 1982, the prince rainier and her sisters were attending this gala because Albert was not married ,as this gala was very important and it was under his presidency which some people were forgetting that it was not under the presidency of Caroline or Stephanie. Now times changed , Albert is married and it is under the presidency of the princely couple, Caroline did not attend the RCG since 2009 apart 2011 and 2013 and her children did not attend the Red Cross gala, it is like the pic nic of Monaco, the celebrations of Sainte Devote untill the death if Prince Rainer , all the members of the family attended these fests, after, everybody was doing what he wants

From 1958 to 1980, the princely couple Rainier and Grace were alone, no attendance of princess Antoinette nor her children who had the age to attend the gala, after, came Albert and Caroline

In the next years, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella will attend the gala near their parents , times will have changed again.

Now there are new singers who are singing, untill 2014, there were old rockers now it is more modern to attrackt the people who paid 1200 euros their place.and you cannot see if the persons have no fun now only a glance on a photo

The rose bal is not more glamour or more interessing than the Red Cross gala

All the medias have good comments about the red cross gala of this year.

Sigh!

Missing the point or deliberately misunderstanding the point or looking for insult where none was intended - as usual.

Near Albert, there were his cousin Susan Kelly , her son William and her daughter in law.
Thank you for that, the blonde next to him does look like a Kelly. The video was great, I like Charlene's look even better in video though the shoes looked a little hard to walk in

Red Cross Ball - July 27, 2018

The Red Cross Ball 2018 will take place on Friday, July 27, at 8.30 pm at the Monte-Carlo Sporting Club.

The Red Cross Ball will celebrate its 70th anniversary and singer Seal will perform.

Charlene has worn some interesting contrasting gowns sometimes with jewellery and sometimes without - looking forward to seeing this year's outfit

Thanks eya for the videos. Always nice to see moving images, especially of the couple dancing.

The Red Cross Ball is a spectacular occasion, P Albert describing it as the highlight of the Summer. It is just sad that no one else from the Royal family attends. It will be so nice to see the younger generation there, entering with the couple.

Thanks eya for the videos. Always nice to see moving images, especially of the couple dancing.

The Red Cross Ball is a spectacular occasion, P Albert describing it as the highlight of the Summer. It is just sad that no one else from the Royal family attends. It will be so nice to see the younger generation there, entering with the couple.
Yes, I did wonder if Caroline and/or Stephanie might turn up as it was the 70 anniversary.

Charlene's gown is spectacular in motion under the lights! :flowers: A really outstanding presentation imo.

Yes, I did wonder if Caroline and/or Stephanie might turn up as it was the 70 anniversary.

It seems that the Red Cross Ball is only for the reigning couple and the Rose Ball for Caroline, Casiraghi trio and Hanover.
To my opinion of course, this is not the image of a united princely family.

Can someone tell me whose version of Stand By Me is that? Lovely song.:flowers:

Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2018

It is quite a few years now since the only members of the Monaco royal family to attend has been Albert and Charlene. There does appear to be an informal agreement since Albert married that Caroline and her family attend the Rose Ball, and she holidays at the time of the Red Cross Ball. Stephanie is the one who appears to have decided to refrain from attending.She used to accompany Albert and Charlene until a few years ago. But there is no sign that her children will continue this tradition in the way that Caroline's children have for the Rose Ball. So, unless there is a family decision to shake things up, it seems that we will have to wait for some considerable years when the twins are grown before we get a larger number of the family at the Ball.
I think for the society of Monagasques, it may well be as Albert indicates, the leading event , but it has certainly lost itsinternational appeal for the A listers of Hollywood/the music industry etc. Other events on the social calendar, including some new galas which have sprung up in recent years, are attracting some 'household' names such as in the fields of sport and fashion. All of this means, that the Red Cross Ball is not the big event that many of us recall from some years back.

It seems that the Red Cross Ball is only for the reigning couple and the Rose Ball for Caroline, Casiraghi trio and Hanover.

It has nothing to do with united family or not. The two balls are just fundraising events. The palais princier has nothing to do with it. It is not the Fête Nationale, it is not a state event, it is not an event in the princely family.

Albert is patron of the Croix-Rouge monégasque, Caroline is patron of the Fondation Princesse Grace, Stéphanie is patron of the Festival de Cirque. And that means that Albert always attends the Red Cross Ball, that Caroline always attends the Rose Ball and that Stéphanie always attends the Circus Festival, with so now and then overlap of attending other events.

No more, no less. When the Duchess of Cornwall attends a fundraiser for the Battersea Dogs Shelter, or when the Duke of Sussex attends a fundraiser for Sentebale, we never hear about (a lack of) unity in their family.

Last edited:
...and for instance at the Circus festival P.Albert shows up often to show support for his sister's charity, so the remark of other posters about lack of family at this Red Cross event is valid (even though understandable)

...and for instance at the Circus festival P.Albert shows up often to show support for his sister's charity, so the remark of other posters about lack of family at this Red Cross event is valid (even though understandable)

Albert has the Red Cross, Caroline the Grace Foundation and Stéphanie the Circus Festival. And there is overlap. Caroline has been to the Circus Festival. Stéphanie has been to the Red Cross Ball. Albert has been to the Rose Ball. And all variations possible.

The day of the year which really matters is the Fête Nationale. Then we see all members of the famille princier. Then we see all siblings at the Mass, at the parade and in the Opéra de Monte-Carlo. That is when the family shows an "united front".

oh, it is no big deal in my opinion. they can't all keep coming to all events and at some point the attendance will be for the reigning couple and their offspring mostly as caroline and stephanie and family take a step back. i find it only natural.

I agree with all the above but looking at images of past balls, it really seems to need an injection of some more well known faces to keep it in the public consciousness, particularly outside Monaco. You only have to look at how few posts there are on this thread in comparison to a few years ago, as an example of how the event doesn't hold our attention in the way that it used to do.

Princess Charlene looks absolutely stunning. I just wish that, when possible, she would wear some of the Grimaldi ice so as to give that image of continuity which is such a powerful image for reigning families. She does not seem to wear her wedding present ice much in public either.
What bracelet or bangle is she wearing to this Red Cross Ball? I don't know her jewellery very well and it looks like a design from the 1970s. So, I wonder if it is indeed an heirloom piece after all!!

The Trd Cross gala is the most famious charity gala in the Europa, all the places are reserved since the end of January, all the business people, the sport people and singers and actresses want to attend this gala and also the very important people of Monaco want to be present. This year, after the newspaper Monaco matin, it was a big sucess, all the salle des étoiles was full , the raised money for the red Cross actions was very hight and it was for the most important thing for a charity gala, don(t gorgry it, it is a charity gala to raise money for all the actions of the Ted Cross in Monaco and in the wor per personld, the cost of the place was 1200 euros

The place cost was 1200 euros per person, you don't count the wine nor champagne, this gala is for the rich people but every year, there are no more free places since end of january
Of course on the forum there is always the dame comment, this gala is no more glamour as some years ago. it is normal, here on this forum Catoline is very loved and Vharlene is not appreciated also as Caroline, her children are not present and there is the princely couple, it is said there is no more glamour and so.
But it is not this, there were a lot of persons who attended this year as the last years rhere was a lot of raised money and Charlene was stunning. a sucess

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlene looked absolutely stunning, thank you for the videos to see the mermaid gown glittering

The place cost was 1200 euros per person, you don't count the wine nor champagne, this gala is for the rich people but every year, there are no more free places since end of january
Of course on the forum there is always the dame comment, this gala is no more glamour as some years ago. it is normal, here on this forum Catoline is very loved and Vharlene is not appreciated also as Caroline, her children are not present and there is the princely couple, it is said there is no more glamour and so.
But it is not this, there were a lot of persons who attended this year as the last years rhere was a lot of raised money and Charlene was stunning. a sucess

You mean it's ssid that there's no more glamour because of Caroline's and her children's sbsence?

Back
Top Bottom