Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2019, 2021 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At http://www.mcpress.mc/ you can see a coverage about the ball that's quite nice, but I consider it senseless to repost the pics as they have already been posted from other agencies - nevertheless a nice look back.. :)

241j88h.jpg

(Olivier Almondo/Mcpress)

seto said:
I know steph has the better dress.

Steph & Charlene look fabulous - what wonderful dresses! Caroline - what was she thinking??? The dress looks clownish!

Diane

Lillia said:
It is a nice picture, but her arms look soooo stiff like she's got them pasted to her side. Her shoulders are huge for a woman, imo.

Caro and Stephanie look wonderful!!! I really like seeing them.

although I must say, I'm not a big fan of caro's dress

Of course Charlene's shoulders are huge - she's a swimmer!

How come we didn't get to see any more dancing pictures? There always used to be some of the opening dance around and a few others. This year it is only Pierre and Melanie. How come? Nobody danced?

Some scans from BUNTE, and finally some pics of Albert and Charlene dancing, and walking hand in hand......

And here are some quotes from Bunte No. 33 10.08.2006:

Karl Lagerfeld:

It is time for a new Princess of Monaco. Fresh wind does well and Charlene is the perfect woman for this.

Some eyewitness:

Albert and Charlene danced frolic and relaxed. They hugged each other, they nestled to each other and they also sang. Like any other loving couple, who just wants to have fun. Their great spirit dragged everyone along.

Those are translations from Google.

Attachments

• bunte-10-8-1.jpg
    bunte-10-8-1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 320
  • bunte-10-8-2.jpg
    bunte-10-8-2.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 285
  • bunte-10-8-4.jpg
    bunte-10-8-4.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 343
  • bunte-10-8-5.jpg
    bunte-10-8-5.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 317
  • bunte-10-8-6.jpg
    bunte-10-8-6.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 369
  • bunte-10-8-3.jpg
    bunte-10-8-3.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
They are really SWEET :heart:
Charlene seems to be the right woman for Albert!
Thank you for the pict tbhrc !!

Holding hands I see, they look cute. And I love the photos of Ernst and Charlene laughing, Ernst knows how to have a good time...that's why I love him.

Ani

compatissant said:
Of course Charlene's shoulders are huge - she's a swimmer!
she takes after her father, he has the same body shape. the man is huge these days, if she is going to become like him...good luck to albert:wacko:

Something doesnt look right with that hand holding picture. It looks like they pieced together pictures of each just moving their arms while walking. I don't know, maybe I'm starting to see things.:wacko:

anag said:
In the HOLA! article the caption under the 2nd picture says that the sisters aren't even looking at eachother, "resaltando" (I don't know how to translate that into English it's sort of like emphasizing but not really :sorry: ), the distance that exists between the sisters. I thought that things didn't look too bad between them in the pics, but HOLA! just had to point that out.

Ani

The magazines can always find some photo that's "proof" of whatever point they want to make. I think they patronize their audience, to think that readers still want to hear the same old stale argument.

Pierre's tux is amazing, and I love the way he's wearing his hair. He looked superb, a class act in every way.

No one else mentioned this, but Charlene's dress looks almost exactly like the one Stephanie wore to the Rose Ball four or five years ago.

At first I hated Caroline's dress, but the more I look at it the more I like it, and I think she looks gorgeous. The short hair gives her face a lift, with her beautiful features being what you focus on, instead of the hair around them. Her complexion has aged so little, in this she takes after her mother.

Does Stephanie own any nice jewelry? how come she's not wearing any it would make her look more "royal". It's great to see her joining the family and looking happy.

Boris said:
I realize that most posters here are die-heart Monaco fans which is fine with me so I don't mean to offend anybody - but still, may I be allowed to post a few pragmatic though strictly personal observations?
The Red Cross ball has lost most of its former prestige over the past years, and this year doesn't help... Having Duran Duran perform is a bad joke compared to the former heydays, and the appearance of several members of the Monegasque Principal family is rather disheartening to me.
Prince Albert looks as bland as ever. There's very little interaction between him and his supposed 'girlfriend' who now is only 'The Prince's guest' officially it seems - nice dress on CW, but she's just so unremarkable.
Princess Caroline manages to appear like a total fashion victim in a very silly gown, and this is not the first time in recent years - she used to dress impeccably, but not anymore.
Princess Stephanie squeezed herself into a lovely dress a few sizes too small, and her bitter face sports rather terrible signs of wear & tear & unhappiness.
The only one looking as if she belonged to a Royal Family is Princess Antoinette.
Anyone who has seen footage on TV might agree that the sibling's body language looked even icier on TV than on pics. This Family has had their share of unhappiness & tragedy for sure, but keeping all their wealth & prvileges in mind, I can't help thinking that they still could try a little harder. They managed to keep up appearances long after Princess Grace's death, and I had hoped that Prince Albert might introduce some fresh energy, but watching all of them being stuck in the glory of the past along with a lack of class over the past few years makes me rather sad.

I tend to agree with what you said, especially about Albert, but not on Caroline...she is the only classy left in the "gossip" world...

what is she doing in that picture on the dance floor, yawning? her eyes are closed, is she sleep dancing? Oh my, what time did the party end?

libra65 said:
Something doesnt look right with that hand holding picture. It looks like they pieced together pictures of each just moving their arms while walking. I don't know, maybe I'm starting to see things.:wacko:

I'm with you libra. Looks like another pastiche to "prove" their story.

And tbhrc, whats with the black scratches at the top of the photo?

Ann

Uh huh.

I can't help but notice the hand-holding pic too. It's got to be a fake.

Where is the rest of his hand? She's got her purse in that hand...you can see the handle which is why her hand is shaped as it is, but what about his? They've really made a funky mess of this one. I don't have photoshop but I could do a better job with the programs I do have.

Fake, fake, fake.

Bunkycat said:
I can't help but notice the hand-holding pic too. It's got to be a fake.

Where is the rest of his hand? She's got her purse in that hand...you can see the handle which is why her hand is shaped as it is, but what about his? They've really made a funky mess of this one. I don't have photoshop but I could do a better job with the programs I do have.

Fake, fake, fake.
It is not necessarily a fake. I don't think they are holding hands either in that picture. It is just perspective that makes it look as if they were. If you look closely, you will see that she seems to be walking slightly ahead of him and they are too far apart to hold hands. I suppose this was the best they could get of them together. In the dancing pic they are not dancing together, but from the perspective it is taken it looks as if they were. From what I have read in the local paper, they did not dance together as long as the photographers were around.

tbhrc said:
Some scans from BUNTE, and finally some pics of Albert and Charlene dancing, and walking hand in hand......

And here are some quotes from Bunte No. 33 10.08.2006:

Karl Lagerfeld:

It is time for a new Princess of Monaco. Fresh wind does well and Charlene is the perfect woman for this.

Bunte is not a good source as they are gossip oriented, but if Lagerfeld said this, it is really getting serious.

Lagerfeld is such an intellect - he once refered Princess Diana as stupid so I can't believe he would find this women interesting let alone worthy of what it takes to be princess
but then again strange things have been happening lately

They probably didn't dance together to calm down the rumor mills...or out of fear that anything too close would resemble the Maldives photos too much. Who knows if Lagerfeld really said that...if he were sitting with the family there was no way that Bunte approached him. Also, he has a close relationship with Caroline...I seriously doubt he would make such a comment or risk alienating a fabulous client.

pinklady1991 said:
They probably didn't dance together to calm down the rumor mills...or out of fear that anything too close would resemble the Maldives photos too much. Who knows if Lagerfeld really said that...if he were sitting with the family there was no way that Bunte approached him. Also, he has a close relationship with Caroline...I seriously doubt he would make such a comment or risk alienating a fabulous client.

That is interesting he would speak to Bunte. He's not one to even speak to mainstream/reputable media too often. Especially at an event like that, that's surpising. And, please I am not inferring he did not make the comment. I just can't imagine and on such a personal matter. He knows how private the family is about their personal lives.

Life moves on.

hibou said:
Lagerfeld is such an intellect - he once refered Princess Diana as stupid so I can't believe he would find this women interesting let alone worthy of what it takes to be princess
but then again strange things have been happening lately

Maybe he was really really drunk when he said it.:ROFLMAO: :lol:

Karl Lagerfeld: Bunte

Do you really think Karl Lagerfeld said this?? Amazing.

teense said:
Karl Lagerfeld: Bunte

Do you really think Karl Lagerfeld said this?? Amazing.

I hope not, and even if he did, the man wears gold gloves, can he be trusted? I mean REALLY?!

Ani

I was @ jimmy' z that night. do you think that some people went down to jimmy'z after the ball?I never recognize celebrities. i'm so not talented :)

geneva

Albert and Charlene were among quite a large group (around 40 people at least) who went from the Ball to Jimmy Z's.

Ann

I think Charlene looked very beautiful, in an understated way, very classy and poised. I think we need to give her a chance to grow into her role of future Princess of Monaco, if it ever happens, just as Princess Diana needed time too. Remember the mistakes she made that so annoyed the Queen, that business with the umbrellas when she was with Fergie ? I like Charlene's classic features, she is such a natural beauty (granted, the professionals help too). Now, as far as the gowns, I don't understand that if Princess Antoinette, Stephanie and Charlene can show some decolletage, Caroline has to dress in a victorian way. She has a beautiful throat, on such an evening, she could have shown it to advantage. She usually does, with beautiful jewelry. I wish she wasn't so bound to wear Lagerfeld's creations all the time.

I had the impression, after lokking all the pictures that Stephanie looked older than her sister Caroline, particularly in this picture.
http://i3.tinypic.com/23mr2tl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...honestly yes. She's given herself a hard life. And the tanning does not help the whole look:neutral: I do love her dress but a little less tanning would have looked better IMO. And what is up with Caroline's dress? I think the dress is o.k. from the waist down, but the top part...those sleeves and that scarf...? I like her new hair cut...it does make her look younger and very chic. Wow! It seems Pierre is a dance maestro! Hmmm...I wonder if he'd agree to be my date for my friends wedding? I need somone that likes (and knows how) to dance! ;)

Back
Top Bottom