Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2019, 2021 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ariel said:
I dont understand why Charlotte wasnt in the ball, i hardly can find an event more important than to support your family. Same thing for Andrea, they have all the year for doing vacations and trips, how cant they be in 2 or 3 acts a year for contributing with their contry and the benefic cause?

Maybe they knew duran duran was playing and decided to skip it. It didn't seem very interesting or glamorous to me.:rolleyes:

Lamyah said:
may i say, as much as I like princess stephanie, her years of worshipping the sun have destroyed her face. She looks like a woman twice her age:huh:

AGREE. I love very much Stephanie, but WHY does she look sooooo old?
She looks like a 55 years old lady, face completely destroyed, my God.
She does not care at all??? I mean i respect the choise not having face lifts, but even not a smooth cure?? Cream & massage???
He face looks like a countryship poor lady, working in the fields.
She can afford at leat a Nivea cream.
Sorry, I repeat i like Stepahnie, but, why she is like this?????
She looks at leats 5 years older thta Caro

It's great to see Charlene attending the RedCrossBall! She looked really beautiful!
Stephanie's dress looked great! But I agree with everyone who mentioned that she looked quite sad... :ermm:

Maybe she was thinking about her dad .

RADKER18 said:

That is probably true I am sure she misses him especially at these events.

RADKER18 said:
Yes, that's so possible. I feel very sorry for her. She seemed to have a very close and special relationship with her father. :sad:

I notice that several postings refer to CW as a "former swimmer" - did she officially retire?

fandesacs2003 said:
AGREE. I love very much Stephanie, but WHY does she look sooooo old?
She looks like a 55 years old lady, face completely destroyed, my God.
She does not care at all??? I mean i respect the choise not having face lifts, but even not a smooth cure?? Cream & massage???
He face looks like a countryship poor lady, working in the fields.
She can afford at leat a Nivea cream.
Sorry, I repeat i like Stepahnie, but, why she is like this?????
She looks at leats 5 years older thta Caro

Allow me to say that, as I have mentioned in other threads featuring Princess Stephanie photos, her haggard look is very distracting and disheartening.

For the Stephanie die-hards, please take note: we are just pointing out a fact that the lines and general aura of her face are not of a serenely beautiful woman. But we do care for her and wish her the best.

She was oh-so-stunning before. Now, her face sadly shows so much trials.

Stephanie has proven to be an admirable woman especially with her charity work. Commenting on her physical appearance does not take away my respect for her as a human being. It's just so disconcerting that aging appearance of Grace Kelly's daughter has accelerated rapidly and ungracefully.

It seems that Stephanie's earrings are the ones Caroline wore at last year's Red Cross.

royrrules said:
Allow me to say that, as I have mentioned in other threads featuring Princess Stephanie photos, her haggard look is very distracting and disheartening.

For the Stephanie die-hards, please take note: we are just pointing out a fact that the lines and general aura of her face are not of a serenely beautiful woman. But we do care for her and wish her the best.

She was oh-so-stunning before. Now, her face sadly shows so much trials.

Stephanie has proven to be an admirable woman especially with her charity work. Commenting on her physical appearance does not take away my respect for her as a human being. It's just so disconcerting that aging appearance of Grace Kelly's daughter has accelerated rapidly and ungracefully.
Her skin may not be the best after all the sun but she's still a very beautiful woman ... to me. She's still very very pretty ... and she still has her sweet face. :)

Last edited:
Stephanie is very wrinkled and has a lot of burnt, sun damaged skin, but she is still beautiful.
The damage can actually be reversed by microdermabrasion or lasers, so if she wanted to fix it she actually could.
In spite of her sun-freckled wrinkled skin, she has beautiful eyes, and a gorgeous bone-structure. I wish I could be as fit and toned as she is.:)

monaco70s said:
It seems that Stephanie's earrings are the ones Caroline wore at last year's Red Cross.
I noticed that as well, monacos :) and here is the proof. That's kind of sweet, Steph and Caro exchanging their jewels..

23uy0c3.jpg
23uy0sn.jpg

(both based on Gettyimages)

iceflower said:
I noticed that as well, monacos :) and here is the proof. That's kind of sweet, Steph and Caro exchanging their jewels..
Yes, that's really nice. Thanks for finding out and telling us, Monaco70s and Iceflower! I hope there will be a time when those complaints about certain looks will find an end, any of the women looks as good as possible in my eyes.

I totally agree with you, Romy :flowers:

Here are some additions, I especially like the one with Antoinette and Pierre, it's so great that the old lady still attends and does have fun doing so. That's worth admiring!

23uycz5.jpg

23uyddu.jpg
23uyg6v.jpg
23uygef.jpg
23uygl1.jpg

(ppe, deadline)

My two cents:

I thought Charlene looked lovely much better than the last few times we have seen her out.

I think the issue about the shoulders isn't that they are unattractive it just makes her look very broad when compared with Albert IMO I would try to minimise them by dressing correctly. I am sure she has access to stylist who could help. (ie no spaghetti straps)

But obviously it isn't an issue for her. :)

iceflower said:

(both based on Gettyimages)
I wish I could find the picture, but it looks like its from a matching set of earrings and necklace that Grace wore in a cover photo in the 1960s.

That IS sweet, wearing something of Mum's to the Ball she established.

Ann

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Charlene & Stephanie's gowns were absolutely beautiful. I didn't care for Caroline's gown at all. That's just my taste. I tend to like the sleeker more simplistic lines & cuts, not all the ruffles & frou frou. Caroline still looked beautiful--just not the dress. Pierre looked quite handsome as well.

In the HOLA! article the caption under the 2nd picture says that the sisters aren't even looking at eachother, "resaltando" (I don't know how to translate that into English it's sort of like emphasizing but not really :sorry: ), the distance that exists between the sisters. I thought that things didn't look too bad between them in the pics, but HOLA! just had to point that out.

Ani

libra65 said:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/486383-post48.html

Who is the guy in uniform between Charlene & Simon LeBon? Is he security? He shows up in the background of quite a few pictures & always seems to be staring at Charlene. It's kind of creepy:shifty:
That is Col. Fringant. He is responsible for the protocol. So naturally he will watch Charlene and come to her rescue if need be, introduce her to people etc.

You're welcome Ice & Romy :) Also I noticed Caroline wore the same earrings and necklace from 2000's Red Cross Ball.

paca said:
That is Col. Fringant. He is responsible for the protocol. So naturally he will watch Charlene and come to her rescue if need be, introduce her to people etc.

Thank you so much Paca. I had noticed him at other occasions even when CW wasn't there so I figured he worked for the palace in some capacity. (IMO the way he stares is still creepy).

libra65 said:
Thank you so much Paca. I had noticed him at other occasions even when CW wasn't there so I figured he worked for the palace in some capacity. (IMO the way he stares is still creepy).
You're welcome. I can assure you he is not creepy in real life. He is always around on official occasions where Albert appears, so you are bound to see him in a lot of pictures, just as we saw Col. Lamblin in pictures with Rainier. He also represents Albert on official events, when Albert has other obligations that have priority. So actually in MOnaco he is considered a very important person. With Col. Lamblin it was known that he was Rainiers eyes and ears when he couldn't be personally present and still today people feel honoured by his presence at certain events.

anag said:
In the HOLA! article the caption under the 2nd picture says that the sisters aren't even looking at eachother, "resaltando" (I don't know how to translate that into English it's sort of like emphasizing but not really :sorry: ), the distance that exists between the sisters. I thought that things didn't look too bad between them in the pics, but HOLA! just had to point that out.

Ani

I Know There were plenty of pics of steph and Caro looking at each other :cool:

I Love the HELLO picture of Albert reaching across the table to hold Charlene's hand. How cute! I really hope they get married soon!

Heidi P. said:
I Love the HELLO picture of Albert reaching across the table to hold Charlene's hand. How cute! I really hope they get married soon!

To me it looked like he just wanted to look at her new red nails :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom