The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-30-2018, 07:23 AM
Heir Apparent

My explications were not clar

I said that on the Royal forums , Monaco tread, the readers who are commenting ne have never appreciated Charlene since the beginning of the story with Albert, they are prefering Caroline , it is only on this tread

But in Monaco, Charlene is very lloved and appreciated for what she is doing for the handicaped people, the children and the old people

Old 07-30-2018, 07:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
My explications were not clar

I said that on the Royal forums , Monaco tread, the readers who are commenting ne have never appreciated Charlene since the beginning of the story with Albert, they are prefering Caroline , it is only on this tread

But in Monaco, Charlene is very lloved and appreciated for what she is doing for the handicaped people, the children and the old people
But you see Melina I also have contacts in Monaco and some of those people are very critical of her - and yes, they do tell me the truth, and they are real Monégasques or longtime residents. Not all, by any means - as you say some of them are very admiring, some say they aren't interested in her private arrangements as long as the Prince is happy but a significant number do make criticisms. Which is natural - you can't please everyone.

Sorry Moderators- slipping off topic here. Will you move threads or should I copy and paste over to the right one?

Old 07-30-2018, 07:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
Personally, I don't think it's a question of Charlene not being appreciated - I think in many ways she remains an enigma. The way she and Albert have chosen to work their diaries (because it differs from so many other royal couples, past and present) causes people to ask questions and wonder about her.

It's not a lack of appreciation - it is widely accepted that she is kind and warmhearted, dedicated to her causes, an extremely proud and loving mum - but I still think she puzzles people.

I don't think it shows a lack of appreciation to ask why she makes relatively few appearances or why she still can't speak French after over a decade in the Principality. Why do she and her sisters-in-law only appear together once a year? Why is the Palace so bad at publicising her work?

Some people on this forum think everything has to be black and white - either you're Team Charlene or Team Caroline. Personally, I think there are many shades of grey.
Maybe, you are right, Florestane.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

An interesting remark made by Melina Premiere in the Princess Charlene Current Events thread relating to Prince Albert's recent speech about Charlene getting more involved with the Red Cross charity and suggesting that this might mean she will take over the presidency which would include the Ball. Perhaps this will give the event a new lease of life and attract a slightly different type of supporter.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for bringing in that information. There are so many competing charities now.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Courtier

She is already involved with the Red Cross in SA - as the Patron, I think. It will be wonderful if she is to take over as President of the Red Cross. P Albert needs a little help and support with his many responsibilities and it will be good to see P Charlene more involved in Monaco.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
[...] P Albert needs a little help and support with his many responsibilities and it will be good to see P Charlene more involved in Monaco.

That is why the Principauté de Monaco has a government... They -and not the Prince- are responsible and accountable for law and order, for the public services, for the health care, for the security, etc.

The Prince has no executive role. Neither in the state affairs of the principauté nor in the daily business of the Red Cross. The "responsibilities" of the Prince regarding the Red Cross are limited. Use his name and fame, his prestige and his commitment for the benefit of the organization. That is it. And that is a very good also: leave it to professionals to run the Red Cross.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Here's a video report about this year's ball:

Old 07-31-2018, 03:43 PM
Aristocracy

@Duc et Pair #1547

It does not belong necassarily into this thread, but the Prince has the right to Veto anything, which comes out of the legislative and he personally appoints as Head of State the Minister of State as the Head of Government - the Head of Government is not elected by the people. He has a lot of other privileges and duties too!

So, yes, Charlene could do a bit more! In my mind, she could care a bit more about the voters, the people of Monaco, her subjects - they are only a few thousand, but very important anyway...
Old 07-31-2018, 05:38 PM
Aristocracy

I agree with Florestane that there are a lot of unanswered questions about Princess Charlene. She does things her own way and it is baffling.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:38 PM
Royal Highness

That dress looks so cheap IMO, not the whole dress but that metal chain link at the bust just looks awful. I don't have their money but it's disappointing that someone in their orbit can't point out tackiness like this when it is so apparent.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's not tacky, it's avante garde. It's elegant and she is stunning. And she dresses beautifully.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
It's not tacky, it's avante garde. It's elegant and she is stunning. And she dresses beautifully.

I totally agree with you she looks amazing. I couldn’t see any other royal being able to wear this but she can
Old 08-08-2018, 06:44 PM
Royal Highness

This instagram account had an overview of all Caroline’s attendances to the Red Cross Gala.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmL5-Czn...d=c4igiuxrm3h7
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmMIlc_n...=1im5rr5ysai63
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmMQ2oYn...=131i6crpy1ugq
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmMaTB9H...=1i0tt1wfx4qua
Old 08-22-2018, 03:55 AM
Heir Apparent

A new video of the Red Cross gala of this year

https://www.facebook.com/MonteCarloL...CZuCBFYQ0XHlYA

An article of Point de Vue about the Red Cross Gala

Albert et Charlène de Monaco, le choix du coeur au Gala de la Croix-Rouge - Point de Vue
Old 08-22-2018, 04:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
@Duc et Pair #1547

It does not belong necassarily into this thread, but the Prince has the right to Veto anything, which comes out of the legislative and he personally appoints as Head of State the Minister of State as the Head of Government - the Head of Government is not elected by the people. He has a lot of other privileges and duties too!

So, yes, Charlene could do a bit more! In my mind, she could care a bit more about the voters, the people of Monaco, her subjects - they are only a few thousand, but very important anyway...

QEII, King WA, King Philippe, King Felipe, etc. have that right too: refuse the royal assent. They never do. And rightly they are. The last time the royal assent was refused (Grand-Duke Henri), the Government and Parliament simply stripped the Grand-Duke from that right, with an overwhelming majority. Lost for ever.

Before that, King Baudouin refused his assent once. The Government simply declared the King unfit to reign and took over the royal prerogative. After giving assent to the Bill the King objected to, the King was declared fit to reign again and reinstated in his royal prerogatives.

So let us place "power" in perspective. Central Park in New York is bigger than the whole principality and the Chief Operation Officer of The Central Park Conservancy has more executive "power" than The Prince in his principality.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:11 AM
Aristocracy

@Duc et Pair #1556

Well, you think, if you think of Monaco, more of the "Central Park" and the monarchies with royals as paid actresses and actors, as "museum-royals" so to say ... - I think more of Liechtenstein, where the rights of the Prince were confirmed lately in a plebiscite.

That is, why I think, Charlene must care more about her people!
Old 08-22-2018, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Let us please get back to the topic of this thread - thank you!