Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2019, 2021 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh Princess Caroline is fabulous with her white dress, it makes younger with cut hair....

MONTE CARLO, MONACO - AUGUST 04: Former swimmer Charlene Wittstock poses at the Monaco Red Cross Ball, under the Presidency of HSH Prince Albert II, in the Salles des Etoiles at the Sporting Monte Carlo on August 4, 2006 in MonteCarlo, Monaco. For its 58th anniversary, the Red Cross Ball welcomed Duran Duran for a unique concert. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

23ly612.jpg

23ly6uf.jpg

MONTE CARLO, MONACO - AUGUST 04: (L-R, front row) Princess Antoinette, Baroness of Massy, princess Caroline, prince Albert II of Monaco, Pierre Casiraghi and Charlene Wittstock arrive at the Monaco Red Cross Ball, under the Presidency of HSH Prince Albert II, in the Salles des Etoiles at the Sporting Monte Carlo on August 4, 2006 in MonteCarlo, Monaco. For its 58th anniversary, the Red Cross Ball welcomed Duran Duran for a unique concert. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

23lywb9.jpg

Last edited:
I LOVE this pic!

(from Getty Images)

Attachments

• 71586551.jpg
    71586551.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 1,383
That dress does wonders for Charlene's broad shoulders. She looks really nice.

Maybe Caroline and Stephanie came in red and white so as to coordinate with the red and white theme of the red cross?! In the photo where they are standing with Albert (post no. 60) they certainly seem to match the background. lol

Oh my God, I have not noticed the gloves before! He is so extravagant!

Who was the girl entering next to Pierre? Charlotte? His cousin? A girlfriend?

Katie said:

She is Melanie de Massy the grandaughter of Antoinette Grimaldi (Ranieri's sister) so she's Pierre's second cousin.

Katie said:

That is his cousin:)

MONTE CARLO, MONACO - AUGUST 04: Princess Stephanie of Monaco attends the Monaco Red Cross Ball dinner, under the Presidency of HSH Prince Albert II, in the Salles des Etoiles at the Sporting Monte Carlo on August 4, 2006 in MonteCarlo, Monaco. For its 58th anniversary, the Red Cross Ball welcomed Duran Duran for a unique concert. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

23lz2iv.jpg

Ah, thank you. Yes, Melanie was the name, I forgot. :)

Oh Caroline, I can't even stand to look at the pics! As we say in Spanish, "Ese vestido no esta en NADA!" Those feathers... it only leads me to believe that she and Ernst had a pillow fight before leaving for the Ball....AS IF!

Ani

<removed off topic part-tbhrc>

Last edited by a moderator:
There are new small pict of the event at http://newscom.com but I can't post them in a bigger version.
Can someone do that?

Oooh, loved Stephanie and Charlene's dresses. Stephanie looked amazing in red. I thought Caroline looked good as well, until I saw the dress. Had it not had the ruffly "cape", it might have been better.

Interesting: If you go to www.polfoto.dk and type in "Monaco", many pics of the ball occur. One is a caption correction concerning Charlene´s status, they changed "Prince Albert´s girlfriend Charlene Wittstock" into "Charlene Wittstock, a guest of Prince Albert".
If that correction comes from an official in Monaco, it does not sound like an engagement for me ...

Lovely pics thislast 2, especial teh second with the 2 sister. thanks!

RADKER18 said:
small pic from yahoo

I think steph might have the better dress?

I know steph has the better dress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Katie said:
Interesting: If you go to www.polfoto.dk and type in "Monaco", many pics of the ball occur. One is a caption correction concerning Charlene´s status, they changed "Prince Albert´s girlfriend Charlene Wittstock" into "Charlene Wittstock, a guest of Prince Albert".
If that correction comes from an official in Monaco, it does not sound like an engagement for me ...
It's really kind of funny that they changed it :)

Two more close ups of Charlene:

23lzk7n.jpg
23lzkoy.jpg

(polfoto)

Charlene is really CHARMING in this pict (from Polfoto)

Last edited:
covdm said:
Charlene is really CHARMING in this pict (from Polfoto)

It is a nice picture, but her arms look soooo stiff like she's got them pasted to her side. Her shoulders are huge for a woman, imo.

Caro and Stephanie look wonderful!!! I really like seeing them.

although I must say, I'm not a big fan of caro's dress

Last edited:
I know I'm the minority but I like Caroline's dress. She can make any Chanel dress look good.

I don't think Charlene looks particularly great in dresses, she has that swimmer's build. BROAD shoulders that make her body narrow as you go down from head to toe. She's okay I guess...ugh.

I like the picture of Caroline that iceflower posted, mainly because it's a head shot..NO FEATHERS IN SIGHT. But also, you can see her stunning eyes quite clearly. Thanks ice, you never fail when it comes to good pics.

Ani

Last edited:
I wish caroline would choose another designer anybody .:rolleyes:

MONTE CARLO, MONACO - AUGUST 04: (L-R, front row) Prince Albert II, Princess Stephanie of Monaco, Prince Ernst August of Hanover, Pierre Casiraghi and Charlene Wittstock arrive at the Monaco Red Cross Ball, under the Presidency of HSH Prince Albert II, in the Salles des Etoiles at the Sporting Monte Carlo on August 4, 2006 in MonteCarlo, Monaco. For its 58th anniversary, the Red Cross Ball welcomed Duran Duran for a unique concert. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

23m0cy1.jpg

MONTE CARLO, MONACO - AUGUST 04: (L-R, front row) Princess Antoinette, Baroness of Massy, princess Stephanie, prince Ernst August of Hanover, prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock arrive at the Monaco Red Cross Ball, under the Presidency of HSH Prince Albert II, in the Salles des Etoiles at the Sporting Monte Carlo on August 4, 2006 in MonteCarlo, Monaco. For its 58th anniversary, the Red Cross Ball welcomed Duran Duran for a unique concert. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

23m0jd4.jpg

Last edited:
christinacg said:
I know I'm the minority but I like Caroline's dress. She can make any Chanel dress look good.
I think you are not alone with that, christinacg :) I like all the dresses of this evening, the ladies look great in my eyes!
Another nice one of the sibblings together:
23m07k8.jpg

(Polfoto)

Caroline's dress did not flatter her at all.

Back
Top Bottom