Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2019, 2021 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that's the point of the matter. We all agree that Princess Stephanie
has made one of the worst choices, one may have been disappointed or
even shocked, but after all it's nothing more than a piece of fabric..

True, very true ...

I found this clip and I think the dress doesn't even look sooooo bad there.

True, very true ...

I found this clip and I think the dress doesn't even look sooooo bad there.

Wow, I am so happy to be back in the Forum again seeing all these new pics! I simply love them. I think Charlene looked great here in Stockholm and looked great also at this event.

I am the biggest fan of Stephanie and in that area, I guess I will never change. :) I think her dress looks a bit funny in these pictures, but then again, I remember one of her bathing suits used in her first music video with the same silver colour. It made her bigger in all areas... I simply think that in real life that dress looked wonderful and perhaps we are judging her by the way a camera captures the dress.

Thank you all for finding and sharing these wonderful pictures. :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Thanks for the video! It's always better to see a video than a simply picture. What can i say, i love to see them in motion.
Yes, i agree that the dress doesn't seem sooo bad in video, but i think we all agree that it was a little too much.
Albert and Charlene look like a lovely couple :flowers:

Stephanie's gown is not that bad but the fact that Charlene is wearing Armani makes it worse- because I have had this experience at a wedding I attended. I was wearing a what appeared to be simple ARmani and everyone else in the photos looked they could have made better choices. That is the nature of the beast-Stephanie would look great in Armani - in this gown for the Ball she was theatrical to say the least.

It started to become tacky after the death of Princess Grace, and it became even tackier when Rainier died.

Albert and Charlene have got their work cut out for them.

I think the opossite.The 80´s were the best time.
By tacky I was referring to the prince´s girlfriends, previous relationships attending, many surgeries, etc, so i cannot figure out how they got their work cut out for them.

Stephanie has had to bear a lot of for the Grimaldis- like going over the cliff with her mother.
Steph is truly a Princess and a humanitarian.
One of the world's best in my estimation because she is so true to herself
and thus others.Well we all make fashion blunders.

Good point, remember Charlene's 1980's punk rock crewcut a few years back? :eek:

I think Princess Caroline is beyond reproach fashionwise most of the time, but a few years ago she wore a black Lagerfeld with a sheer see-through top that showcased her bra-less sagging breasts...it sent me reeling in horror and launched endless speculation about the Princess's alleged midlife crisis.

Does anyone else remember that awful dress? *shudders*

Stephanie had an off night...perhaps she was unwell. :ermm:

I think the opossite.The 80´s were the best time.
By tacky I was referring to the prince´s girlfriends, previous relationships attending, many surgeries, etc, so i cannot figure out how they got their work cut out for them.

It's quite simple..as Prince and Princess of Monaco, it is going to be their responsibility to draw the types of people and events to the Principality that will begin to restore some of the old cachet.

Charlene has nothing to do with who Albert chose to associate with or impregnate before she came into his life...her job now is to be the best Consort she can be, and look MAGNIFICENT while doing so.

So far, she seems to have mastered the appearance part of her new responsibilities...only time will tell regarding the rest.

As far as surgeries...it hasn't stopped Queen Silvia, Queen Rania or CP Letizia from doing an admirable job, so who cares?

I'm assuming you are referring to Virginia Gallico, her lady-in-waiting. She is the widow of the author Paul Gallico, and they were good friends of Princess Grace. When her husband passed away, Grace then made her her lady-in-waiting. Obviously, Caroline "inherited" her when Grace died.

Thanks for the information.

Charlene Wittstock Pictures - 62nd Red Cross Ball In Monte Carlo - Zimbio

This woman is so vulgar, always has been always will be.

She is certainly no Princess in the true sense of the word.

And I am talking about Princess Stephanie of Monaco. No dignity or class whatsoever.
I don't think that Steph has no dignity. She just made a very poor choice in her outfit. OK, Stephanie often makes bad choices about style:p, but it has nothing to do with having dignity or not.:whistling:
BTW, many women looked tacky this year. Steph had years at Red Cross ball where she looked cute. Something must be in the air this year because most women looked horrid.:ROFLMAO:

BTW, many women looked tacky this year. Steph had years at Red Cross ball where she looked cute. Something must be in the air this year because most women looked horrid.:ROFLMAO:

That is what I thought about some of the other womens' dresses this year. I thought low, low cut gowns must be in an Princess Stephanie was trying to be in style.:ohmy:

What's more important - the ladies' dresses - or the money raised for the Monaco Red Cross by its many volunteers, and - last not least - by the people attending the ball ??

Ladies' dresses actually. ;) Apostrophe indicating ownership - the dresses belonging to the ladies. Not ladies dresses like you walk into a store and "those are the ladies dresses".
Women's dresses is correct however. ;)

Hehhe, Renata, i see your point, and believe me that many of us (if not all of us) are happy that La Croix Rouge was more successful this year than the last one, but...the ladies' dresses is something beyond us. We just have to talk about it ;)

Stephanie wore a bad dress It is a dress not a reflection of the person wearing it....

I couldn't have said it better myself. Not everyone understands that Stephanie and the rest of her family are "European." There are different styles, different expectations, etc. Perhaps Lagerfeld supplied the dress, in which case she would wear it. Do you really think that Stephanie, who is actually low key, would pay good money for that dress????????

After seeing this photo of PS in her youth, I'd conclude that she had always been well endowed and that there hasn't been any surgery at all.
http://i5.tinypic.com/125njvb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't have said it better myself. Not everyone understands that Stephanie and the rest of her family are "European." There are different styles, different expectations, etc. Perhaps Lagerfeld supplied the dress, in which case she would wear it. Do you really think that Stephanie, who is actually low key, would pay good money for that dress????????

Europeans isn't synonymous with tacky. IMO, this dress is ugly in Europe or America.

What on earth is Elton John doing in the picture?!?!?!??

Elton was obviously attending the event where that picture was taken.

And i that was feeliing so disappointed with P. Caroline's unattendance to the ball, must confess, considering everything you say my friends, for i didn't see the photos, that i'm soooooo glad she didn't!!!!! That ball seems to have been anything but a glamourous, sophisticated event... A princess sister who wears a dress that is the very esence of vulgarity ( ok, i admit, i saw a photo of Stephanie )... This wasn't a ball, this was an horror show. Good for you P. Caroline! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
after see the video Stephine look o.k, she have done a lot for her people and Charity work etc so let separate the art from the artist. and also look at the video of them dancing it look different from the photo form the photo you think they look happy but the video tell different story she look uncomfortable since the media and everyone was looking at them like a piece of art work on display Albert trying to play the prefect man it just make the whole scene look weird. i can see they are using this red rose ball to promote their upcoming wedding but everything seems out of place and everyone is trying so hard to keep the guest entertain when i saw the old photo of the rose ball my mother attend they were glamored and fun i think this is boring no wonder they were a lot of empty chair because people have lose their taste and thing have change. after look at each video i think this year was all about promoting their next upcoming wedding and bride thanks to that video it prove my point.jmo:ermm:

Its time to get back on topic, the actual Red Cross Ball.

Since we know nothing of the relationship between Charlene and Nicole C., let's not assume anything. We don't know if Nicole and Charlene have met in the past and have come to some type of understanding, nor do we know if Charlene was bothered by Nicole's presence at the Ball.

Future discussions of Stephanie's dress should be directed to this thread http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-fashion-and-style-october-2003-a-1031-7.html .

Thanks!

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

Last edited:
What are we supposed to comment on the party, apart fron the dresses. I´m curious.

In my own (hamfisted) way, I've been trying to remind people of the reason for the Ball, i.e. the Monaco Red Cross (or Croix Rouge Monégasque), but it ain't working.....

BUNTE's "royals expert" Stefan Glatt, when asked about CW's "tummy", answered that it wasn't likely that she was pregnant, in view of the fact that PA already has two children.

Thank you Renata!
but this:

it wasn't likely that she was pregnant, in view of the fact that PA already has two children.

Eh..ok, if she is not pregnant now, but she will try to be once she is the princess...because that is what it will be expected. If Albert doesn't want to have any more children, then why to get marry?

But we can't have her getting pregnant NOW because that would undo all the good work in improving PA's and Monaco's image.

Talking about image, the Red Cross Ball is really an important networking event for the Croix Rouge volunteers, and the activists in the recipient countries.

For such a small country, Monaco certainly pushes the boat out when it comes to charitable fundraising and giving.

PA and the rest are only there to lend some glitz and glamour to the occasion. Ball gowns are really not the main story in this event.

Yes, i know, of course i wouldn't like her to be pregnant right now, but in the future.
And, yes, ball gowns actually shoudn't be the main story, but many of us (if not all of us) like to comment about the ball gowns.

Back
Top Bottom