Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2019, 2021 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A Question

I always thought that the older darked hair lady with glasses that is always near Caroline at the major events was Ernst's mother!!!!

Who is she?????

I think PC has always tried hard not to overshadow PA. I think she is trying to do the same with Charlene. The 3 siblings also like to split up their activities so all of them don't have to go to everything. I doubt you will be able to pry the arts projects, the Rose Ball and Amade from PC's hands and it looks like Charlotte will be handling the show jumping from now on. I also think that PC always resented being thought of as just a showpiece. I think she is glad to get rid of those kind of duties and I think Charlene enjoys it. Everybody is happy.

Well that was a disappointing ball! Stephanie's dress choice was........sad. Although it does kind of remind me of a dress Caroline(?) wore with an amethyst pendant. Maybe it was borrowed? Charlene looked better, although in some of the pictures her dress is completely off her shoulders and she looks in danger of exposing herself like Stephanie. Disappointing that Princess Caroline and the Casiraghi Trio weren't there. It would've been nice to see the family come out & support Charlene in her first official event as a soon-to-be member of the royal family. It also would've been nice to see Jasmine attend her first official ball.

I always thought that the older darked hair lady with glasses that is always near Caroline at the major events was Ernst's mother!!!!

Who is she?????

I'm assuming you are referring to Virginia Gallico, her lady-in-waiting. She is the widow of the author Paul Gallico, and they were good friends of Princess Grace. When her husband passed away, Grace then made her her lady-in-waiting. Obviously, Caroline "inherited" her when Grace died.

I read on another royal board that this year ball had about 800 guests-out of possible 1000 that can be hosted. I saw picture of the ball-there were a lot of empty sits at tables. It looked kind of weird because there were plates, silverware etc at those empty places. Wonder if they decorated those vacant sits so they looked nice or so many people bought tickets but did not show up?:ermm: I just had some crazy idea-the organizers bought ghost tickets so it appeared that more people were interested in ball than in reality.:D
Anyway, last year was even worse, because only 600 appeared.

I wish Caroline was there. Also Elizabeth and her family e.g. Melanie missed this year ball.

When Grace was Princess I remember seeing very glamorous photos of some of the guests in attendance at these Balls...such as the Count of Barcelona and his son Juan Carlos(of course now King of Spain) a very young and beautiful Paola, Princesse de Liege(now Queen of the Belgians) as well as other European nobility and high end Hollywood stars.

When was the last time any members of other European Royal Houses attended the Rose or Red Cross Ball? :sad: I realize that with the death of Grace, Monaco lost much of it's drawing power but it has been very painful to see these events overrun with anonymous Eurotrash and third rate, washed up celebrities. :bang:

My fondest wish is for Monaco to soon regain SOME of it's old glamour and cachet....

Glamour in innate, no matter how many surgeries you do, you cannot buy it.

I remember when this event used to be glamourous. I don´t remember when it started to be tacky.

It started to become tacky after the death of Princess Grace, and it became even tackier when Rainier died.

Albert and Charlene have got their work cut out for them.

i think charlene looked beautiful at the red cross gala!

rather impressive that nicole coste also participated this year. i have no doubt she was invited though. what a weird position for albert (and charlene) though, knowing the mother of your illegitimate child and your fiancee are in the same party.

i don't think nicole is competing with charlene. maybe it was an invitation from the couple, who knows? that way charlene would meet albert's child's mother.

IMO it is strange that Nicole was there, I certainly would not have allowed it. That was Albert's previous life. Why not ask Jazmin's mother to be there, or his previous girl friends. Not cool. Not that they should be kept in a box but why at a high profile event where photos are going to be taken.

Not that i'm saying Charlene is nieve, but i think she has no idea how Albert's mind thinks when it comes to women. I hope she doesn't regret marying him.

I rather think that CW would have known of, and possibly met, Nicole early on in PA's relationship.

How could he have been able to hide his kids from her, especially in the hothouse that is Monaco??

Stephanie has a lot of class and a lot of dignity.
She is a princess in the true sense of the word.
She's true to herself, hard working, loyal, very supportive to her family, intelligent, faithful, sensitive and amazingly generous.

Everyone who says about her she is vulgar and has no dignity should read this recent interview and get to know her better.

IMO it is strange that Nicole was there, I certainly would not have allowed it. That was Albert's previous life. Why not ask Jazmin's mother to be there, or his previous girl friends. Not cool. Not that they should be kept in a box but why at a high profile event where photos are going to be taken.

Not that i'm saying Charlene is nieve, but i think she has no idea how Albert's mind thinks when it comes to women. I hope she doesn't regret marying him.
Albert's children will always be part of his current life. No mature adult make their children part of their "previous" life. It would be perfectly normal for Charlene to have met the mothers and the children. She will soon be the children's stepmother. Albert and Charlene are showing lots of maturity in handling his extended family.

Charlene Wittstock Pictures - 62nd Red Cross Ball In Monte Carlo - Zimbio

This woman is so vulgar, always has been always will be.

She is certainly no Princess in the true sense of the word.

And I am talking about Princess Stephanie of Monaco. No dignity or class whatsoever.

Stephanie wore a bad dress It is a dress not a reflection of the person wearing it , Stephanie is a Princess In every since She was born a princess and for the rest of her life she will be a Princess Deal with it Stop comparing her to other People . Cause at the end of the day Stephanie has done more To help people than anyone. She is true at heart She is who she is Deal with it . Dignity and Class She has a ton of it , She has no regrets she lives her life who are you to Call her out for it .

Stephanie wore a bad dress It is a dress not a reflection of the person wearing it , Stephanie is a Princess In every since She was born a princess and for the rest of her life she will be a Princess Deal with it Stop comparing her to other People . Cause at the end of the day Stephanie has done more To help people than anyone. She is true at heart She is who she is Deal with it . Dignity and Class She has a ton of it , She has no regrets she lives her life who are you to Call her out for it .

This is a forum, right? Stephanie looked terrible, and has absolutely no taste or dress sense. Since this is, again, a forum, some people express this opinion. Deal with it.

Yeah, Steph's dress was not a big hit ....even on the contrary maybe ... so what? Where's the point in repeating that again and again.
It should also be alowed to come to her defense on this forum.
It's not and will never be fair to judge Stephanie as a person from what she wears or looks like.

Ok, I'm going to jump in here because I personally like Stephanie and I am pleased she seems to have grown up since Rainier died. Having said that, Stephanie has always pushed the envelope with her clothes. Stephanie does have class, but she does not necessarily have good sense when to push the envelope with the clothes choices. Class is something you are born with and you cannot take it away. Stephanie does have class, but she does cross the line with what she chooses to wear, as to some of the other royals from the other countries. I have seen really daffy choices in clothing but I would not say the other royals have no class either. You have to separate the person from their fashion sense. JMO

Stephanie seems to be a nice person but she's vulgar
Charlene looked good but she's a bore

I read on another royal board that this year ball had about 800 guests-out of possible 1000 that can be hosted. I saw picture of the ball-there were a lot of empty sits at tables. It looked kind of weird because there were plates, silverware etc at those empty places. Wonder if they decorated those vacant sits so they looked nice or so many people bought tickets but did not show up?:ermm: I just had some crazy idea-the organizers bought ghost tickets so it appeared that more people were interested in ball than in reality.:D
Anyway, last year was even worse, because only 600 appeared.

I wish Caroline was there. Also Elizabeth and her family e.g. Melanie missed this year ball.

Doesn't surprise me, this ball is not what it was

I think PC has always tried hard not to overshadow PA. I think she is trying to do the same with Charlene. The 3 siblings also like to split up their activities so all of them don't have to go to everything. I doubt you will be able to pry the arts projects, the Rose Ball and Amade from PC's hands and it looks like Charlotte will be handling the show jumping from now on. I also think that PC always resented being thought of as just a showpiece. I think she is glad to get rid of those kind of duties and I think Charlene enjoys it. Everybody is happy.

Excellent post, FanofMonaco, you have put my mind at ease, and basically confirmed what I already thought. Thank you. :)

By the way, your username is apt, as you seem quite learned wherein the Grimaldis and the principality of Monaco is concerned. I always look forward to reading your posts ~ you are a terrific source of reference & knowledge. :flowers:

Charlene Wittstock Pictures - 62nd Red Cross Ball In Monte Carlo - Zimbio

This woman is so vulgar, always has been always will be.

She is certainly no Princess in the true sense of the word.

And I am talking about Princess Stephanie of Monaco. No dignity or class whatsoever.

I find it really interesting how many contributors in this forum believe that a woman's worth is defined by her fashion choices. How is it possible that one dress makes someone worthless?

I agree- Charlene looked absolutely beautiful for this ball and I would never in a million years have picked Stephanie's dress for her to wear. But this one dress does not change her personality, her character, her charity work or her status of a princess. You can hate her dress all you want- just be careful on turning your hatred of a dress into hatred of a person. That kind of behaviour- hatred- is far more vulgar than someone who chooses an ugly dress.

There is so much comparison between Stephanie, Caroline and Charlene to Princess Grace. Let's let Princess Grace (who was FAR from perfect, by the way!) rest in peace and recognize these women for who THEY are as individuals.

I have a high regard for Stephanie.

But I would like to know WHO it is that sold her the dress. It probably was not a friend of hers !

Those of you who are castigating Stephanie, might wish to find out ....

But whoever sold her that dress, was just selling a dress. The designer may not have even known who stephanie was.
Or maybe Stephanie went shopping online. ;)

Princess Stephanie looks as she always does a lot trashy and too tanned it appears that this what she does for a job...... tanning. Totallt embarrassing. I like Charlene she seems nice always looks nicely dressed and the gown is no exception.IMO

Stephanie has a lot of class and a lot of dignity.
She is a princess in the true sense of the word.
She's true to herself, hard working, loyal, very supportive to her family, intelligent, faithful, sensitive and amazingly generous.

Everyone who says about her she is vulgar and has no dignity should read this recent interview and get to know her better.
Stephanie has had to bear a lot of the brunt for the Grimaldis- like going over the cliff with her mother.
Steph is truly a Princess and a humanitarian.
One of the world's best in my estimation because she is so true to herself
and thus others.Well we all make fashion blunders.

Well said, Jaya !!
Of all the Grimaldi, Stephanie is the most genuine and decent.

And if one wants to cast aspertions, it was Rainier who let her throw herself into the world of the Circus. Let's not blame the children for their parents' actions.

I have a high regard for Stephanie.

But I would like to know WHO it is that sold her the dress. It probably was not a friend of hers !

Those of you who are castigating Stephanie, might wish to find out ....

The dress is made by J.I.K.I, who is actually a friend of Stephanies.
She's been making Steph's dresses for years now.
You can find the dress in her online-catalogue here ( page 180 ).
JIKI's website here.

with all due respect to all parties involved ...

Stephanie has done a lot of good through her charity, and has thus shown a great deal of maturity.

And that's why it is stunning and disappointing to see her dressed this way in a charity event, one of the biggest events of the tiny Principality which especially her late mother tried to put a lot of significance and star quality to.

Critics of her fashion choice for this ball I think do not expect her to dress the way her sister and niece do in such events. But the dress reveals too much, and emphasizes features that are, well, unsubtle.

Sure, Princess Stephanie appears to be genuine and true to herself. But there are boundaries that must be adhered to that do not compromise being true to oneself. There is a line between being sexy and being vulgar.

But this one dress does not change her personality, her character, her charity work or her status of a princess. You can hate her dress all you want- just be careful on turning your hatred of a dress into hatred of a person.

I think that's the point of the matter. We all agree that Princess Stephanie
has made one of the worst choices, one may have been disappointed or
even shocked, but after all it's nothing more than a piece of fabric..

Back
Top Bottom