The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post
But this one dress does not change her personality, her character, her charity work or her status of a princess. You can hate her dress all you want- just be careful on turning your hatred of a dress into hatred of a person.

I think that's the point of the matter. We all agree that Princess Stephanie
has made one of the worst choices, one may have been disappointed or
even shocked, but after all it's nothing more than a piece of fabric..

Old 08-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
I think that's the point of the matter. We all agree that Princess Stephanie
has made one of the worst choices, one may have been disappointed or
even shocked, but after all it's nothing more than a piece of fabric..

True, very true ...

I found this clip and I think the dress doesn't even look sooooo bad there.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
True, very true ...

I found this clip and I think the dress doesn't even look sooooo bad there.
Wow, I am so happy to be back in the Forum again seeing all these new pics! I simply love them. I think Charlene looked great here in Stockholm and looked great also at this event.

I am the biggest fan of Stephanie and in that area, I guess I will never change. I think her dress looks a bit funny in these pictures, but then again, I remember one of her bathing suits used in her first music video with the same silver colour. It made her bigger in all areas... I simply think that in real life that dress looked wonderful and perhaps we are judging her by the way a camera captures the dress.

Thank you all for finding and sharing these wonderful pictures.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the video! It's always better to see a video than a simply picture. What can i say, i love to see them in motion.
Yes, i agree that the dress doesn't seem sooo bad in video, but i think we all agree that it was a little too much.
Albert and Charlene look like a lovely couple
Old 08-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Royal Highness

Stephanie's gown is not that bad but the fact that Charlene is wearing Armani makes it worse- because I have had this experience at a wedding I attended. I was wearing a what appeared to be simple ARmani and everyone else in the photos looked they could have made better choices. That is the nature of the beast-Stephanie would look great in Armani - in this gown for the Ball she was theatrical to say the least.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
It started to become tacky after the death of Princess Grace, and it became even tackier when Rainier died.

Albert and Charlene have got their work cut out for them.
I think the opossite.The 80´s were the best time.
By tacky I was referring to the prince´s girlfriends, previous relationships attending, many surgeries, etc, so i cannot figure out how they got their work cut out for them.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Stephanie has had to bear a lot of for the Grimaldis- like going over the cliff with her mother.
Steph is truly a Princess and a humanitarian.
One of the world's best in my estimation because she is so true to herself
and thus others.Well we all make fashion blunders.
Good point, remember Charlene's 1980's punk rock crewcut a few years back?

I think Princess Caroline is beyond reproach fashionwise most of the time, but a few years ago she wore a black Lagerfeld with a sheer see-through top that showcased her bra-less sagging breasts...it sent me reeling in horror and launched endless speculation about the Princess's alleged midlife crisis.

Does anyone else remember that awful dress? *shudders*

Stephanie had an off night...perhaps she was unwell.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I think the opossite.The 80´s were the best time.
By tacky I was referring to the prince´s girlfriends, previous relationships attending, many surgeries, etc, so i cannot figure out how they got their work cut out for them.
It's quite simple..as Prince and Princess of Monaco, it is going to be their responsibility to draw the types of people and events to the Principality that will begin to restore some of the old cachet.

Charlene has nothing to do with who Albert chose to associate with or impregnate before she came into his life...her job now is to be the best Consort she can be, and look MAGNIFICENT while doing so.

So far, she seems to have mastered the appearance part of her new responsibilities...only time will tell regarding the rest.

As far as surgeries...it hasn't stopped Queen Silvia, Queen Rania or CP Letizia from doing an admirable job, so who cares?
Old 08-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the nice complement Nadine.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by royrrules View Post
I'm assuming you are referring to Virginia Gallico, her lady-in-waiting. She is the widow of the author Paul Gallico, and they were good friends of Princess Grace. When her husband passed away, Grace then made her her lady-in-waiting. Obviously, Caroline "inherited" her when Grace died.
Thanks for the information.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Charlene Wittstock Pictures - 62nd Red Cross Ball In Monte Carlo - Zimbio

This woman is so vulgar, always has been always will be.

She is certainly no Princess in the true sense of the word.

And I am talking about Princess Stephanie of Monaco. No dignity or class whatsoever.
I don't think that Steph has no dignity. She just made a very poor choice in her outfit. OK, Stephanie often makes bad choices about style, but it has nothing to do with having dignity or not.
BTW, many women looked tacky this year. Steph had years at Red Cross ball where she looked cute. Something must be in the air this year because most women looked horrid.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 08-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
BTW, many women looked tacky this year. Steph had years at Red Cross ball where she looked cute. Something must be in the air this year because most women looked horrid.
That is what I thought about some of the other womens' dresses this year. I thought low, low cut gowns must be in an Princess Stephanie was trying to be in style.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:23 AM
Heir Apparent

What's more important - the ladies' dresses - or the money raised for the Monaco Red Cross by its many volunteers, and - last not least - by the people attending the ball ??
Old 08-02-2010, 04:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Ladies dresses
Old 08-02-2010, 05:21 AM
Courtier

Ladies' dresses actually. Apostrophe indicating ownership - the dresses belonging to the ladies. Not ladies dresses like you walk into a store and "those are the ladies dresses".
Women's dresses is correct however.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:33 AM
Heir Apparent

I'll try again ....

La Croix Rouge Monégasque has 479 volunteers in 2009.
It has spent 4,439,687 Euros.

http://www.croix-rouge.mc/croixrouge...enDocument&1Fr
Old 08-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Hehhe, Renata, i see your point, and believe me that many of us (if not all of us) are happy that La Croix Rouge was more successful this year than the last one, but...the ladies' dresses is something beyond us. We just have to talk about it
Old 08-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADKER18 View Post
Stephanie wore a bad dress It is a dress not a reflection of the person wearing it....
I couldn't have said it better myself. Not everyone understands that Stephanie and the rest of her family are "European." There are different styles, different expectations, etc. Perhaps Lagerfeld supplied the dress, in which case she would wear it. Do you really think that Stephanie, who is actually low key, would pay good money for that dress????????

After seeing this photo of PS in her youth, I'd conclude that she had always been well endowed and that there hasn't been any surgery at all.
http://i5.tinypic.com/125njvb.jpg
Old 08-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I couldn't have said it better myself. Not everyone understands that Stephanie and the rest of her family are "European." There are different styles, different expectations, etc. Perhaps Lagerfeld supplied the dress, in which case she would wear it. Do you really think that Stephanie, who is actually low key, would pay good money for that dress????????
Europeans isn't synonymous with tacky. IMO, this dress is ugly in Europe or America.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Serene Highness

What on earth is Elton John doing in the picture?!?!?!??