The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Nobility

I understand that Stephanie has always been daring and sensual.

But for a prestigious event in her principality, this dress is plain inappropriate.

First and foremost, it is poorly made -- the puckerings are evident, and the fit is bad with her left boob especially squashed.

Second, it seems like she is not even confident in it. She has always had an unconventional fashion sense, but there was that particular confidence especially in her younger years that made her look comfortable and therefore appropriate. For me, she did not seem confident and comfortable in it.

If the event were the Rose Ball and the chosen theme was intergalactic disco (hehe), this dress might be forgivable. But perhaps on Alice Dellal or Mlle Borromeo.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Charlene looks like a fashion model to me. She's trying to emulate Grace Kelly.

With Stephanie, you see what you get. She doesn't pose, and her facial expressions are unstudied, right down to occasional moments of what seems like panic.

I know which I prefer...
Cw has a vast improvement in the looks department. Is that Armani?
Stephanie is her unequivocal self and no comment on PA.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, now Charlene looks like The Princess of Monaco! She looked lovely, elegant, beautiful.
Stephanie, on the other hand...well, i don't know why she has chosen that dress. The fact that she has the body of a 20 or 30 year old woman doesn't mean she can wear dresses like one. Specially showing almost all as she did.
I would have love to see Caroline and children there, but, i expected them not to be there.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
This year ball was just sad. A lot of tacky dressed woman. Of course Victoria S. looks vulgar like always.
Last year I was disappointed by the ball, especially by those blue topless dancers. This years no nudity , decoration is very nice-wonder if anyone paid attention.
But what makes this ball less than exciting are guests and how they dressed. Red Cross Ball is losing its glamour.

I really don't want to argue, but I think the war just started. Based on Nicole's past actions and her recent charity activities I believe she just started a indirect media war with Charlene. NC is here because everyone can come here-it was not invitation ball, everyone could buy a ticket-$1000 or something.

I saw it on other two royal boards. How she could do it?
BTW, Charlene dress was really nice, same as her hair and make up. It looks like they (Monaco PR) treat her image seriously because she looks good in pics recently. But she still has problem with pulling this all together- proof: wet bottom of her dress. She probably can't carry a dress with train.

Stephanie was just looking horrible. She looked as if she just came back from performing a show in Las Vegas.

It is a second Red Cross Ball in the row without Caroline. Monaco needs her, especially at such occasions.
No argument needed. You could be correct about the media war. I was just trying to be positive for the sake of his son.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine10 View Post
Oh my Amely I think your right, it looks like Miss Charlene has had her nose tweeked, her profile looks different. Hmmmmmmmm.
I am pretty sure Ms Wittstock got her nose, breast and teeth worked on. She looks very good in a Grace Kelly way. I sure hope that this is all Charlene has to do to to her appearance to become the next Princess of Monaco. I wonder if it was Prince Albert or herself that wanted the transformation? I looked at photos of her in 2006 and thought she was a pretty girl.

Wikipedia said that she converted to Roman Catholicism, speaks Monegasque and French language. I think she has been very busy transforming in a royal these last four years. I think the couple had a understanding of marriage sine Ms Wittstock's move to Monaco in 2006.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent

For the sake of Nicole and her dignity, I hope she does not try to launch some silly media war/competition with CW...what would be the point?

CW will be Princesse de Monaco, and eventually mother to the Heir. Magazines will want CW on their covers, charities will want HER patronage, CW will attend foreign visits, etc...not Nicole.

Nicole can't win this one and she shouldn't even try. Why not concentrate on the most important thing of all...raising her beautiful boy to be a most magnificent man...giving him all the advantages and privacy possible?

THAT would be quite an accomplishment and more worthy of her than some pointless, sour grapes obsession with CW..if that is what it is.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:18 PM
Administrator

I would take the CW resume that is currently on Wikipedia with a grain of salt IMO.

I would certainly concur that she has been transforming herself but of course its up for discussion on what she has been doing and if the beauty part is enough to make to sustain her as Princess of Monaco.

I for one don't think she is trying to turn herself into a clone of Grace, that would be pretty ill advised. But when you are a tall blond with short hair, who else can one look like. Even Charlize Theron who doesn't physically look like Grace has been called a Grace Kelly clone.

Personally I don't care what she did before next July as long as it wasn't criminal but after the 11th she will have to do more than look pretty.

And regarding Stephanie's clothes, I also agree that its not age appropriate. Stephanie is a very attractive woman, and I am not going to lie, I am in my 40's and I wish I had her body type. And not to sound like a fuddy duddy, but there are ways older woman can look sexy and sophisticated without showing everything but that is just my opinion.

It would have been nice if Caroline and her family could have been in attendance, but if I am correct in the past its just been Albert and Stephanie. And whether some like it or not, this is the future of Monaco. Caroline will have to secede her position as First Lady, and I personally think she welcomes it.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

There are several posts referring to Charlene's new nose. Are there any photos of her nose in profile from before the supposed change? From the front the nose looks the same as early on in their relationship.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Zonk, I think you're right about the Wikipedia assertions about CW and catholicism etc.
See Talk:Charlene Wittstock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia where I've left a question about the conversion issue. So far, no one has responded to that - which makes me think that the answer to the question is NOT in the public domain (yet).
Old 07-31-2010, 07:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Zonk, I think you're right about the Wikipedia assertions about CW and catholicism etc.
See Talk:Charlene Wittstock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia where I've left a question about the conversion issue. So far, no one has responded to that - which makes me think that the answer to the question is NOT in the public domain (yet).
If it- conversion- had happened wouldn't it be in the public domain already?Something official would have been written about such a high profile individual.Many things about CW are not confirmed or denied .....
The designer of Charlene's beige gown for the ball was Armani- a sketch is on her Facebook page.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:15 PM
Courtier

Stephanie does look good for a woman in 40's but her dress is over the top she needs something more settle.Charlene was certainly showning the world she is ready to become the Princess of Monaco and it's First Lady elegance and class is what she had last night.
Nicole what in the world was she doing there? I am happy that Albert and Charlene did not let her get to them and try to start some problems.And finally Caroline for the 2 straight year she has not shown up to this huge event I hope atleast next year she will be present to support just a great and worthy cause as this.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:03 PM
Nobility

A Question

I always thought that the older darked hair lady with glasses that is always near Caroline at the major events was Ernst's mother!!!!

Who is she?????
Old 07-31-2010, 10:16 PM
Serene Highness

I think PC has always tried hard not to overshadow PA. I think she is trying to do the same with Charlene. The 3 siblings also like to split up their activities so all of them don't have to go to everything. I doubt you will be able to pry the arts projects, the Rose Ball and Amade from PC's hands and it looks like Charlotte will be handling the show jumping from now on. I also think that PC always resented being thought of as just a showpiece. I think she is glad to get rid of those kind of duties and I think Charlene enjoys it. Everybody is happy.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:12 AM
Royal Highness

Well that was a disappointing ball! Stephanie's dress choice was........sad. Although it does kind of remind me of a dress Caroline(?) wore with an amethyst pendant. Maybe it was borrowed? Charlene looked better, although in some of the pictures her dress is completely off her shoulders and she looks in danger of exposing herself like Stephanie. Disappointing that Princess Caroline and the Casiraghi Trio weren't there. It would've been nice to see the family come out & support Charlene in her first official event as a soon-to-be member of the royal family. It also would've been nice to see Jasmine attend her first official ball.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottestreasures View Post
I always thought that the older darked hair lady with glasses that is always near Caroline at the major events was Ernst's mother!!!!

Who is she?????

I'm assuming you are referring to Virginia Gallico, her lady-in-waiting. She is the widow of the author Paul Gallico, and they were good friends of Princess Grace. When her husband passed away, Grace then made her her lady-in-waiting. Obviously, Caroline "inherited" her when Grace died.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:55 AM
Serene Highness

I read on another royal board that this year ball had about 800 guests-out of possible 1000 that can be hosted. I saw picture of the ball-there were a lot of empty sits at tables. It looked kind of weird because there were plates, silverware etc at those empty places. Wonder if they decorated those vacant sits so they looked nice or so many people bought tickets but did not show up? I just had some crazy idea-the organizers bought ghost tickets so it appeared that more people were interested in ball than in reality.
Anyway, last year was even worse, because only 600 appeared.

I wish Caroline was there. Also Elizabeth and her family e.g. Melanie missed this year ball.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 08-01-2010, 03:46 AM
Heir Apparent

When Grace was Princess I remember seeing very glamorous photos of some of the guests in attendance at these Balls...such as the Count of Barcelona and his son Juan Carlos(of course now King of Spain) a very young and beautiful Paola, Princesse de Liege(now Queen of the Belgians) as well as other European nobility and high end Hollywood stars.

When was the last time any members of other European Royal Houses attended the Rose or Red Cross Ball? I realize that with the death of Grace, Monaco lost much of it's drawing power but it has been very painful to see these events overrun with anonymous Eurotrash and third rate, washed up celebrities.

My fondest wish is for Monaco to soon regain SOME of it's old glamour and cachet....
Old 08-01-2010, 03:54 AM
Serene Highness

Glamour in innate, no matter how many surgeries you do, you cannot buy it.

I remember when this event used to be glamourous. I donīt remember when it started to be tacky.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:05 AM
Heir Apparent

It started to become tacky after the death of Princess Grace, and it became even tackier when Rainier died.

Albert and Charlene have got their work cut out for them.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:40 AM
Heir Apparent

i think charlene looked beautiful at the red cross gala!

rather impressive that nicole coste also participated this year. i have no doubt she was invited though. what a weird position for albert (and charlene) though, knowing the mother of your illegitimate child and your fiancee are in the same party.

i don't think nicole is competing with charlene. maybe it was an invitation from the couple, who knows? that way charlene would meet albert's child's mother.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all