Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2019, 2021 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks tbhrc. There is one pic of the table that I find interesting: although Charlene walked in with the family, she was seated further away from ALbert then last year. Albert seems to be totally surrounded by family: Steph and Antoinette at his side, Caro and Chris Levine opposite. I think tomorrow we might know a little more about who else was seated at the table. Further to the back where Ernst is seated I can see some palace staff and Melanie and Elizabeth-Ann. Very strange seating IMO.

I just noticed this last sentence, as it answers my question. Thanks for the info. I think last year Charlene was seated next to Ernst, wasn't she? And they were across from, but several seats down from Albert, right?

Everyone looked good at the Red Cross ball. Even Charlene, who has been looking fine and fresh with each appearance this month. Whatever you can say about her, she holds herself well. I like what she did with her hair for the ball. Princess Stephanie seems good-natured about Charlene, whose presence rather (inadvertently, no doubt) stole her thunder at the Fight AIDS Monaco gala! :rolleyes:
It was a nice touch with the Princess Grace tribute. Was Baroness Elisabeth-Ann de Massy there? She's always at the Red Cross ball. I saw her daughter Melanie de Lusignan next to Princess Antoinette, but didn't notice the baroness. Is she ok?

Baroness Elisabeth-Ann de Massy was there. She danced with Prince Ernst-August and she sat beside him as well. She was two seats over from Caroline's right.

Not loving anyone's dress; Charlene's was ok though.

I was just wondering , this may be a stupid question, but does the money raised go just to Monacos Red Cross or is it split among many. By the way I loved Carolines and Stephanies dress, classy.

I love the way Albert dances with his aunt. They seem to enjoy a very special affectionate relationship. I am almost tempted to say, it's in the way one treats one's older relatives that one can judge one's person character, but of course, that'd be a silly statement to make. Still, I like their complicity.

Caroline's earrings : she's worn them many times before right ? I mean, aren't they part of her favorites that she wears on grand occasions like this ?

Thanks for telling us about the tv report, paca, actually I do not agree with their comments about the behaviour of Steph and Caroline towards Charlene. Their were so many nice pics on the dancefloor where you could see Charlene having fun with Albert and Steph and there are some pics "behind the scenes" that show Caroline, Steph and Charlene talking and having fun,
take a look at these for example:

Caroline, Charlene and Steph 1 * * - 2

I agree their are Pictures of stephanie and Charlene talking laughing and Stephanie and Caroline seemed to be chatting with each other a bit . Iceflower Thanks for the 2 pictures.

Last edited:
I like all of there dress, and it was nice to see sister being nice to Charlene.

I thought the ladies looked lovely, although in most photos Princess Stephanie looked uncomfortable. I'm not sure if it had something to do with Charlene's presence (because I really don't follow them that closely), but in most of the photos that contain both of them, Stephanie looks.......uncomfortable. I wish Caroline's kids were there too. It Culd have been quite the family party!

I learnt that there were many persons who did not come, and that all the tables were not occupied. Really?? Can we have confirmation? Thank you
lckc571

Not sure if this has been posted yet - BILD article about the RB - Headline: Charlene on the way to become Albert's princess.

Charlene ist auf dem Weg zur Fürstin - Bild.T-Online.de
Thank you. INteresting. Who would have guessed that Albert was sick? Apparently he left early after one of his helpers came and never reappeared. They didn't say that Charlene left with him, so I assume he left by himself. Odd though, especially since they are saying that she is close to being the next princess.

Not sure if this has been posted yet - BILD article about the RB - Headline: Charlene on the way to become Albert's princess.

Charlene ist auf dem Weg zur Fürstin - Bild.T-Online.de

I am sorry, but when you take just the title yes Charlene on the way to becom albert's princess, but if you take all the sentence until the point.

"Das ist der Protokoll-Beweis!
Charlene ist auf dem Weg zur Fürstin
Noch immer keine Hochzeit in Monaco.
Doch beim Rot-Kreuz-Ball rückte die schöne Charlene Wittstock jetzt in die zweite Reihe der Grimaldis auf"

I wanted to read in French the text it is gave me the opposite of that you say

"It is the proof of protocol!
Charlene is not still on princess's way a marriage in Monaco. :D
But for the ball of red cross the beautiful Charlene Wittstock rose now in the second series of Grimaldis"
If I am in the error, you can say it to me !!
lckc571

I am sorry, but when you take just the title yes Charlene on the way to becom albert's princess, but if you take all the sentence until the point.

"Das ist der Protokoll-Beweis!
Charlene ist auf dem Weg zur Fürstin
Noch immer keine Hochzeit in Monaco.
Doch beim Rot-Kreuz-Ball rückte die schöne Charlene Wittstock jetzt in die zweite Reihe der Grimaldis auf"

I wanted to read in French the text it is gave me the opposite of that you say

"It is the proof of protocol!
Charlene is not still on princess's way a marriage in Monaco. :D
But for the ball of red cross the beautiful Charlene Wittstock rose now in the second series of Grimaldis"
If I am in the error, you can say it to me !!
lckc571

Sorry I did not take it that far because BILD is not exactly a reliable source ;) I think the article is just good for a few gossip infos but nothing substantial. But on the other hand, what was the last substantial thing about Albert's relationships - maybe the acknowledgement of Alexandre? :rolleyes: Unfortunately the rest is speculation and even the mags are getting confused now if Charlene is the one or not, if she is a serious athlete or not etc I find the whole Monaco suitation a bit obsure and not helpful for the reputation of the princely family.

Sorry I did not take it that far because BILD is not exactly a reliable source ;) I think the article is just good for a few gossip infos but nothing substantial. But on the other hand, what was the last substantial thing about Albert's relationships - maybe the acknowledgement of Alexandre? :rolleyes: Unfortunately the rest is speculation and even the mags are getting confused now if Charlene is the one or not, if she is a serious athlete or not etc I find the whole Monaco suitation a bit obsure and not helpful for the reputation of the princely family.

It's nothing, me, it arrived at me, I had bought a magazine, where the title said " Michel Drucker struck by the death " (a trick of this kind), I said myself not? He died, and I bought to read that in fact it was completely the other thing, scandal newspapers like very much this kind of title. Leaving doors opened in case!!! "Pas bête" = not stupid !!!

lckc571

Thank you. INteresting. Who would have guessed that Albert was sick? Apparently he left early after one of his helpers came and never reappeared. They didn't say that Charlene left with him, so I assume he left by himself. Odd though, especially since they are saying that she is close to being the next princess.

Paca, was he helped out or did one of his aides came to his side and beckoned him that something was a miss abd be never returned because he didn't look ill when he arrived. Very odd indeed and it would be good to know if in fact Charlene remained there without him. I wonder if anyone might know.

I learnt that there were many persons who did not come, and that all the tables were not occupied. Really?? Can we have confirmation? Thank you
lckc571
I don't know how many people were here last year, but there was a lot of people...

I know. The original was a comment to the video. ...........The essence was though that there was no body contact, no looks or anything that would suggest a lovestory between the too. So they are wondering what is going on. And thy also didn't like the way Charlene was treated by the sisters, that they ignored her when she joined them. Apparently (from the video) Albert was already out of the car waiting with his sisters, while Charlene was about to get out (about 5 meters away from them). When she joined them there was no greeting or anything, they just walked in. The commentator found that rude and stated that she was there by invitation not by chance and that there should have been some kind of hello. After that they claim that she looked lost, uncomfortable and bored and said that since she has been with him for sometime now, she should have felt more comfortable then last year.
Yes... they are right, that's happened:ROFLMAO:

Paca, was he helped out or did one of his aides came to his side and beckoned him that something was a miss abd be never returned because he didn't look ill when he arrived. Very odd indeed and it would be good to know if in fact Charlene remained there without him. I wonder if anyone might know.
In the article it says that one of his aides came to him, he left ad never returned. From the way the article was written, Charlene stayed.

Other odd thing. Usually on the day after the ball, we have the first pics in the paper and a short summary. Yesterdays paper had nothing. Today we have a few pics but a lot of them are of nobodies. No article. The press office not decided yet on which way they want them to write the article? Maybe tomorrow we'll know more...

just a few thoughts this morning. i don't see caroline "shining" as she usually is, something about her eyes (one photo has what can be considered a "look" but not a hint of a smile. her dress is gorgeous! but at this same time didn't do justice to her trim body. the top flattens and hangs and the crisscross makes her look wide? shapeless? i don't know really why i don't think it becomes her but she has a shapely figure, small waist etc and this dress just doesn't do it for me, but who cares she still looks beautiful,
(i think the photos of the 3 are kind odd- in one caroline (i blew it up on my printpage) is in a serious mode with her finger sticking up in front of steph, charlene is looking away, in the other they seem to be all smiling, but its hard to see much warmth. earnst seems to be having a good time, he's still looking trim and healthy.i haven't been able to find any of them dancing together :( steph looks pretty and i really like her dress. i've never seen charlene look so good, the halter top/tube top variation isn't my favorite, perhaps a chiffon scarf/stole would have softened the shoulders (like the one grace wore in the movie) got to give her points for guts, going somewhere to a cold reception and being ignored and left by your prince companion(if we know if he left without her?) couldn't have been pleasant but she kept a smile on her face.
disapointed not to see any of the trio there but they're young people, i didn't want to hang out with anyone but my friends either.

In the article it says that one of his aides came to him, he left ad never returned. From the way the article was written, Charlene stayed.

Other odd thing. Usually on the day after the ball, we have the first pics in the paper and a short summary. Yesterdays paper had nothing. Today we have a few pics but a lot of them are of nobodies. No article. The press office not decided yet on which way they want them to write the article? Maybe tomorrow we'll know more...

Thanks paca so they didn't say he was sick he just up and left and never returned. I wonder what happened? Heck of a position for Charlene to be in that's for sure. She can't win on this one. If he was sick she should have left if he wasn't and left her there really tough for her. I guess I should say she would either sink or swim. I wonder if it was her Monaco swimming test to see what how she'd handle herself but I'm just taking a wild guess on this one.

IMO Pss Caroline and Pss Stephanie looked great. As far as Charlene is concerned I didn't like her dress at all. Too sheet like - for the lack of a better expression.

By the way are there any videos?

A bouquet of flowers

Charlene looked like she was at a sophisticated Toga party.She looked lovely but more was needed. Caro confused looked like Vegas[but still fab and stole the show] and Steph did her hair in a ponytail like when her mother was alive.
The biggest thing I fail to comprehend is why CW did not receive a bouquet of flowers like Pa's sisters and Princess Antoinette.?
That to me says it all.
If this was going to be the next Princess Of Monaco then I think they should have given CW a bouquet protocol to the wind.
I think we are all confounded right now....... and the first hundred years of confoundedness will be difficult after that I guess we will get accustomed

Why should Charlene be given flowers? She is not a Princess of Monaco, a member of the royal family or a fiancee. She is a girlfriend, companion, dinner date. If she had been given flowers...I would expect that an official announcement would have been forthcoming.

If I am not mistaken Melanie and Elizabeth-Ann did not receive flowers either. I suppose that is because they are not in line to the throne anymore, though neither is Antoinette since Rainiers death, but I suppose that is courtesy to her age ;)

If I am not mistaken Melanie and Elizabeth-Ann did not receive flowers either. I suppose that is because they are not in line to the throne anymore, though neither is Antoinette since Rainiers death, but I suppose that is courtesy to her age ;)

I have to admit it does look strange for some of them to receive flowers and others don't. I know what Jaya means, but it does present a case for Charlene not to have walked in with the family.

Loved Charlene's dress and Steph looked nice. Caroline, well IMO, she over did it. The dress was way to flashy for my tastes. Although, her hair looks better than it has in years!

I love the way Albert dances with his aunt. They seem to enjoy a very special affectionate relationship. I am almost tempted to say, it's in the way one treats one's older relatives that one can judge one's person character, but of course, that'd be a silly statement to make. Still, I like their complicity.

Why is that a silly statement to make? I quite agree.

I liked how caroline and Stephanie were dressed. Caroline of course stole the show. Far off Charlene looked nice. However, close up I did not like her dress and the hairdo did not suite her. I think she looked fabulous at the aids Gala. I must also say that Charlene is looking better now a days and hopefully soon she will get it right.

{removed part about Jazmin which is not allowed- Lady Jennifer}

Last edited by a moderator:
Red Cross Ball - July 27, 2007

Has it been revealed what Prince Albert became sick from? Has this ever happened to him before? I don't ever recall him having to leave the Red Cross Ball early? He really did look very happy earlier too ............. Maybe it was the food?

So far there has been no confirmation that Charlene stayed at the ball as Prince Albert has left. The article just states the he left because he was sick. So nothing more and nothing less. Everything else is just speculation. The pictures we have seen so far end after the opening dance, so no one knows what happend afterwards.

Here's another gallery:

IBL Bildbyrå

what is really weird, apart from pics in yesterdays paper, there has been nothing about red cross. NO report. nothing. Usally we have the first report the next day with first pics. and then we have the list of the table 1 or 2 days after. This year zilch. As if the ball never happened. In all the years that I have lived here, this is a first. especially if you consider how many reports there were before the event.

Back
Top Bottom