Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2019, 2021 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
{quoted material deleted for consistency - Elspeth}

Not like "To Catch a Thief" as Grace wore a special tasteful diamond necklace she brought to Monaco in all her scenes with the white strapless gown she wore in the movie and her hair was not pulled back into a chignon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not like "To Catch a Thief" as Grace wore a special tasteful diamond necklace she brought to Monaco in all her scenes with the white strapless gown she wore in the movie and her hair was not pulled back into a chignon.

OK I'm seeing things!! You are right her hair was not pulled back and she did have that beautiful necklace which was absolute class. Albert forgot something!!

Well I also agree this Ball needs a bit more youth, maybe the reason the Casiraghis and their friends attend the Rose Ball is that it is a more fun ocassion b/c of the theme and show.

Caroline did miss 1999's Red Cross cos she had just given birth to Alexandra. I think it was "My Way" which he also sang at her wedding since it was her favorite song at the time.

From one pic this was the sitting: Caroline, Chris Le Vine, Charlene, unknown guy.

I agree, Stephanie reminds of Antoniette in the late 60s and early 70s too!

I agree about the hair and necklace being different, the dress is similar lol

I'm Coonfuesed who opened the dance, from Polphoto the caption was 'Prince Albert opened witth Charlene and the second dance was with Princess Stephanie. which was is right.

Charlene opened the Ball with Chris Levine. Also Elizabeth Ann's son was there too.

Last edited:
{quoted material deleted for consistency - Elspeth}
I had to go get a real glass of wine, before I could join in. I'm just catching up on posts & photo's.

I wish Cote would surface, after the ball & give us the scoop!

Jaya, you are right about that scene, where Grace or "Francine" (wasn't that her name?) tempts Cary Grant with her "Jewels"

I believe she was wearing a lovely white chiffon dress that was draped with a fitted bodice?

No. I'm sorry.

The Princess of Hannover -as always- managed it to escape the vulgarity which sticks like teflon on her siblings.
Miss Charlene looks lost in the wrong place.

:neutral:

I am glad to see Albert dancing with Stephanie they look so cute everybody looked great .

{Quoted material delete for consistency - Elspeth}

I think most knew what to expect by now, & stayed away. I was curious to see if Caroline would be there. I missed her kids, they are what remain as a little bit of hope, if there is any for Monaco. Does anyone know how successful this years Ball, regarding ticket sales was this year?

I think most knew what to expect by now, & stayed away. I was curious to see if Caroline would be there. I missed her kids, they are what remain as a little bit of hope, if there is any for Monaco. Does anyone know how successful this years Ball, regarding ticket sales was this year?

As far as I know, big sponsors such as Repossi or other brands usually by entire tables and then invite guest, so I guess the places are always all sold out...

As far as I know, big sponsors such as Repossi or other brands usually by entire tables and then invite guest, so I guess the places are always all sold out...
If you looked at the recent SPA fundraiser you saw lots of empty places (rows of empty seats right up front) and if I am not mistaken the turnout for the Fight Aids wasn't that big either. A lot of recent events were not that well attended. I think tomorrow they will let us know how many people where there.

I love Princess Stephanie's dress, it's beautiful and very elegant.
I find Princess Caroline's entire look to be a bit too much. The dress and jewelry combination looks too gawdy imo.

Charlene is really beautiful, a wonderful frock !
I am so glad she is present, I so much hope they marry

Edith Head

I had to go get a real glass of wine, before I could join in. I'm just catching up on posts & photo's.

I wish Cote would surface, after the ball & give us the scoop!

Jaya, you are right about that scene, where Grace or "Francine" (wasn't that her name?) tempts Cary Grant with her "Jewels"

I believe she was wearing a lovely white chiffon dress that was draped with a fitted bodice?
Indeed and the gown was by Edith Head in that movie although the eye sees Helen Rose.Charlene needed a necklace but that dress she sported is tricky to accessorize.

i dont like what charlene and albert are wearing, caro and her sister are beautiful , i wish they were more picture of the rest of the family.

Princely family is in much better mood this year. Last year when Grimaldis entered the ball they seemed sad or upset at something, especially Steph.
I wish Albert entered this year ball with Antoinette, like a year ago.
Caroline and Stephanie outfits are much better then year ago, Caroline's silver dress is beautiful.:)
Looks like Caro, Steph and Charlene and Melanie(was it her in pink dress?:ermm:) had ancient Greek/Roman style dresses this year. Maybe my comment is silly, but I realized that Steph and Caro last year and this year had both the same lipstick color.
I didn't like Charlene dress at all. Weird. I didnt like her hair either.

Last edited:
I think Caroline, Stephanie and Charlene all look beautiful. Steph and Charlene are wearing classy dresses and Caroline is wearing a dress that is tasteful, yet funky. BTW...Caroline's hair looks great this length, but why was Stephanie wearing a ponytail to this event?????

People are always talking about Princesses being "fashionistas", but Caroline is the only real fashionista in the whole lot of them. Because she doesn't just wear what is fashionable, but has her own fashion sense too. She wears her clothing and the clothing never wears her. I think some of the other Princesses are actually more elegant than Caroline, but none beats her when it comes to being a "fashionista". Her dress the night before the wedding of Felipe and Letizia was one of my all time favorites and only she could have worn it! Tonight is another only Princess Caroline dress, for me.

She was the original "it" princess, and still has verve and vim. I like her and all her jet settiness.

Let's stay on topic...the Red Cross Ball.

We are not here (at least in this thread) to analyze Albert's and Charlene's relationship and whether or not it is approved by the Grimaldi's, the Kelly's, the people of Monaco or members of the Forum.

As a reminder, the following threads are available for discussion regarding the dress of Caroline, Stephanie, Charlene and Albert!

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/prince-albert-fashion-style-7289.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/princess-stephanies-fashion-style-1031-5.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/princess-carolines-fashion-style-12204-9.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/charlene-wittstocks-fashion-style-12825-13.html

Thank you.

Zonk, tbhrc, and Lady Jennifer

Monaco Moderators

Last edited:
I think everybody looked great! This is a big event in the principality and has been going on for many years. I have to say, Charlene looked beautiful and all she needs is a ring on her finger to make it official. Next year, when Albert and Charlene get marry, she will be in the front line with Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie as Princess of Monaco.

Indeed and the gown was by Edith Head in that movie although the eye sees Helen Rose.Charlene needed a necklace but that dress she sported is tricky to accessorize.

Hi Jaya,
You know my taste:flowers:
Yes, it was most definitely Edith Head, as she did all of Hitchcock's costumes with Grace at Paramount. I think I mentioned before he insisted that Edith Head go on ahead to Cannes to work on location with wardrobe design....,so important did he consider the costumes in this film. "this was not the regular routine", said Edith Head. It was her favorite film that she had worked on. She also loved dressing Grace. I still love her clothes from "Rear Window" (my favorite green suit, the Black & White dress, Mark Cross overnight case...). You are right that I'm seeing Helen Rose in style, but I am looking right this moment of a picture of Grace in the dress, on the set with Alfred Hitchcock. It indeed seems to have that style. It dips in the center, so it doesn't have the wrapped bathtowel style, that you know I don't care for.:) Maybe I will pop in my DVD of To Catch A Thief, and take a better look, in honor of the Red Cross Ball.

Grace, I was wondering if you saw many of the Edith Head costumes from Paramount. I found it interesting that some were given to Grace after filming, I did not know that. I wondered about this previously because Paramount has just recently closed it's costume dept and I thought it would be nice if the Grimaldi's could get their hands on all of her costumes for her tribute. Actually, I thought they might do something here in Los Angeles for the tribute, being she was an Oscar winning Hollywood actress. Maybe they could work with the AFI film festival this fall, as they always do a few tributes & they could show her films & costumes also, at the very least?

Last edited:
Zonk asked only 1 hour ago to please stay on topic. This thread is not to discuss Albert & Charlene's relationship.

Further off topic posts will be deleted without warning.

Princely Family of Monaco Moderators

For the most part the family looked nice. I wish one day Albert will bring his wife to this event. I hope he soon finds someone to knock him off his feet.

I've just had to delete yet another attempt at derailing this thread.

If posters continue to ignore moderator warnings, we're going to start handing out suspensions. We're not going to have yet another thread dragged off topic by people who just want to vent their spleen about the existence of Charlene Wittstock.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator

I wish we could see Casiraghis at Red Cross ball this year. Every year I always hope to see them. If I'm not mistaken Pierre was attending last year.
I also think this year media coverage is smaller than last year.

Incidentally, has Princess Caroline attended all the Red Cross Balls since all her babies were late spring, early summer babies ? i can't remember...
I know she attended after her separation from Philippe Junot, and almost cried when Frank Sinatra sang that really sad song (forget its title). Well, I know this thread is about tonight, not decades ago. Still, some of you can probably relate...
She didn´t attend in 1999, when she had Alexandra.
I love Caroline´s dress!! She´s always so tanned! I also like the jewlery, the earrings are the same she wore in 1998.

Last edited:
She wore the earrings in 2002, the ones she wore in 1998 she wore them recently to one of the Valentino festivities.

Back
Top Bottom