The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Aristocracy

I think everybody looked great! This is a big event in the principality and has been going on for many years. I have to say, Charlene looked beautiful and all she needs is a ring on her finger to make it official. Next year, when Albert and Charlene get marry, she will be in the front line with Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie as Princess of Monaco.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Indeed and the gown was by Edith Head in that movie although the eye sees Helen Rose.Charlene needed a necklace but that dress she sported is tricky to accessorize.
Hi Jaya,
You know my taste
Yes, it was most definitely Edith Head, as she did all of Hitchcock's costumes with Grace at Paramount. I think I mentioned before he insisted that Edith Head go on ahead to Cannes to work on location with wardrobe design....,so important did he consider the costumes in this film. "this was not the regular routine", said Edith Head. It was her favorite film that she had worked on. She also loved dressing Grace. I still love her clothes from "Rear Window" (my favorite green suit, the Black & White dress, Mark Cross overnight case...). You are right that I'm seeing Helen Rose in style, but I am looking right this moment of a picture of Grace in the dress, on the set with Alfred Hitchcock. It indeed seems to have that style. It dips in the center, so it doesn't have the wrapped bathtowel style, that you know I don't care for. Maybe I will pop in my DVD of To Catch A Thief, and take a better look, in honor of the Red Cross Ball.

Grace, I was wondering if you saw many of the Edith Head costumes from Paramount. I found it interesting that some were given to Grace after filming, I did not know that. I wondered about this previously because Paramount has just recently closed it's costume dept and I thought it would be nice if the Grimaldi's could get their hands on all of her costumes for her tribute. Actually, I thought they might do something here in Los Angeles for the tribute, being she was an Oscar winning Hollywood actress. Maybe they could work with the AFI film festival this fall, as they always do a few tributes & they could show her films & costumes also, at the very least?

Old 07-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Zonk asked only 1 hour ago to please stay on topic. This thread is not to discuss Albert & Charlene's relationship.

Further off topic posts will be deleted without warning.

Princely Family of Monaco Moderators

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 07-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Aristocracy

For the most part the family looked nice. I wish one day Albert will bring his wife to this event. I hope he soon finds someone to knock him off his feet.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've just had to delete yet another attempt at derailing this thread.

If posters continue to ignore moderator warnings, we're going to start handing out suspensions. We're not going to have yet another thread dragged off topic by people who just want to vent their spleen about the existence of Charlene Wittstock.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator
Old 07-28-2007, 12:02 AM
Serene Highness

I wish we could see Casiraghis at Red Cross ball this year. Every year I always hope to see them. If I'm not mistaken Pierre was attending last year.
I also think this year media coverage is smaller than last year.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 07-28-2007, 12:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals View Post
Incidentally, has Princess Caroline attended all the Red Cross Balls since all her babies were late spring, early summer babies ? i can't remember...
I know she attended after her separation from Philippe Junot, and almost cried when Frank Sinatra sang that really sad song (forget its title). Well, I know this thread is about tonight, not decades ago. Still, some of you can probably relate...
She didn´t attend in 1999, when she had Alexandra.
I love Caroline´s dress!! She´s always so tanned! I also like the jewlery, the earrings are the same she wore in 1998.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

She wore the earrings in 2002, the ones she wore in 1998 she wore them recently to one of the Valentino festivities.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:36 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks tbhrc Stephanie , Caroline and Charlene looked amazing love the pics of Steph dancing with Albert . Sipa has some pictures maybe Michelle can post them.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Aristocracy

here is he dress princess caroline wore yesterday...she is so gorgeous,...as always... she knows what suits her the best...i prefer the dress on her than on the model....

Défilés de mode - Chanel - VOGUE.com
Old 07-28-2007, 08:03 AM
Courtier

Some footage of the Grimaldis arriving at the Ball from Italian news: Charlene arriving in Albert's limo; Staph and Caro greeting each other talking and smiling broadly, Steph and Charlene talking and laughing...they all seemed much more cheerful then in the pics.

Thanks everyone for the pics.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:44 AM
Serene Highness

Well, there is one thing that I have noticed in comparison to other balls, there were basically no celebrities. A few have beens, but no one who'd really draw media attention. I don't think that there will be much coverage in the tabloids apart with regards to the family and Charlene. It almost has a provincial touch. If you'd take away the family, I don't think that anyone would bother even talking about this ball. Even a lot of habituals who wouldn't usually miss it didn't seem to be there but were still there for the Rose Ball. Even those celebrities who are living here year around, were no shows. Interesting development.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Serene Highness

Is their any video clips of the Red Cross Ball ?
Old 07-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Aristocracy

The pictures from yesterday are great, thank you for all of them!!
It's long ago that we've seen Princess Stephanie dancing with
her brother and having so much fun at a ball, she reminded me
of the Stepanie we've seen in the 90s.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:47 AM
Aristocracy

Stephanie looks beautiful.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree Romy! The pics of Stephanie and Albert dancing reminded me of 1991's and 1999's Red Cross too.

Paca you've made such a good comment. Only celebrities I've seen in the photos are Shirley Bassey who always attends the 2 Balls and Amanda Lear who attended this year's Circus Festival. But no sign of Roger Moore and wife, Gina Lollobrigida, Ivanna Trump, John Glenn, Henri Salvatore, Mouna Alyoub, the Yugoslava Princes, Maryam & Rolf Sachs etc

Also I think this year there was a problem with the lights in the Sporting or sth cos it seemed so dark when the family arrived, the pics came out very dark when they usually come out bright and well.

Does anyone know more of the tribute to Princess Grace in the Ball? All I've seen is one Grace Kelly pic on a screen. Was it a picture or a video?
Old 07-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Courtier

The 3 ladies looked lovely!
Old 07-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy

Stephanie dress was really gorgeous, I didnt like Caroline's. Too much silvery; it looks like an " aluminium dress".