Old 07-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Aristocracy

gallery from polfoto

POLFOTO - altid med i billedet

Old 07-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Not like "To Catch a Thief" as Grace wore a special tasteful diamond necklace she brought to Monaco in all her scenes with the white strapless gown she wore in the movie and her hair was not pulled back into a chignon.
OK I'm seeing things!! You are right her hair was not pulled back and she did have that beautiful necklace which was absolute class. Albert forgot something!!

Old 07-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well I also agree this Ball needs a bit more youth, maybe the reason the Casiraghis and their friends attend the Rose Ball is that it is a more fun ocassion b/c of the theme and show.

Caroline did miss 1999's Red Cross cos she had just given birth to Alexandra. I think it was "My Way" which he also sang at her wedding since it was her favorite song at the time.

From one pic this was the sitting: Caroline, Chris Le Vine, Charlene, unknown guy.

I agree, Stephanie reminds of Antoniette in the late 60s and early 70s too!

I agree about the hair and necklace being different, the dress is similar lol
Old 07-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Commoner

I'm Coonfuesed who opened the dance, from Polphoto the caption was 'Prince Albert opened witth Charlene and the second dance was with Princess Stephanie. which was is right.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charlene opened the Ball with Chris Levine. Also Elizabeth Ann's son was there too.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness

Well, Charlene seems to be getting on great with her dance partner POLFOTO - altid med i billedet
Old 07-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Nobility

{quoted material deleted for consistency - Elspeth}
I had to go get a real glass of wine, before I could join in. I'm just catching up on posts & photo's.

I wish Cote would surface, after the ball & give us the scoop!

Jaya, you are right about that scene, where Grace or "Francine" (wasn't that her name?) tempts Cary Grant with her "Jewels"

I believe she was wearing a lovely white chiffon dress that was draped with a fitted bodice?
Old 07-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Royal Highness

No. I'm sorry.

The Princess of Hannover -as always- managed it to escape the vulgarity which sticks like teflon on her siblings.
Miss Charlene looks lost in the wrong place.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Serene Highness

I am glad to see Albert dancing with Stephanie they look so cute everybody looked great .
Old 07-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Nobility

{Quoted material delete for consistency - Elspeth}

I think most knew what to expect by now, & stayed away. I was curious to see if Caroline would be there. I missed her kids, they are what remain as a little bit of hope, if there is any for Monaco. Does anyone know how successful this years Ball, regarding ticket sales was this year?
Old 07-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
I think most knew what to expect by now, & stayed away. I was curious to see if Caroline would be there. I missed her kids, they are what remain as a little bit of hope, if there is any for Monaco. Does anyone know how successful this years Ball, regarding ticket sales was this year?
As far as I know, big sponsors such as Repossi or other brands usually by entire tables and then invite guest, so I guess the places are always all sold out...
Old 07-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
As far as I know, big sponsors such as Repossi or other brands usually by entire tables and then invite guest, so I guess the places are always all sold out...
If you looked at the recent SPA fundraiser you saw lots of empty places (rows of empty seats right up front) and if I am not mistaken the turnout for the Fight Aids wasn't that big either. A lot of recent events were not that well attended. I think tomorrow they will let us know how many people where there.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Royal Highness

I love Princess Stephanie's dress, it's beautiful and very elegant.
I find Princess Caroline's entire look to be a bit too much. The dress and jewelry combination looks too gawdy imo.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charlene is really beautiful, a wonderful frock !
I am so glad she is present, I so much hope they marry
Old 07-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Serene Highness

Edith Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
I had to go get a real glass of wine, before I could join in. I'm just catching up on posts & photo's.

I wish Cote would surface, after the ball & give us the scoop!

Jaya, you are right about that scene, where Grace or "Francine" (wasn't that her name?) tempts Cary Grant with her "Jewels"

I believe she was wearing a lovely white chiffon dress that was draped with a fitted bodice?
Indeed and the gown was by Edith Head in that movie although the eye sees Helen Rose.Charlene needed a necklace but that dress she sported is tricky to accessorize.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Aristocracy

i dont like what charlene and albert are wearing, caro and her sister are beautiful , i wish they were more picture of the rest of the family.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Serene Highness

Princely family is in much better mood this year. Last year when Grimaldis entered the ball they seemed sad or upset at something, especially Steph.
I wish Albert entered this year ball with Antoinette, like a year ago.
Caroline and Stephanie outfits are much better then year ago, Caroline's silver dress is beautiful.
Looks like Caro, Steph and Charlene and Melanie(was it her in pink dress?) had ancient Greek/Roman style dresses this year. Maybe my comment is silly, but I realized that Steph and Caro last year and this year had both the same lipstick color.
I didn't like Charlene dress at all. Weird. I didnt like her hair either.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 07-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Aristocracy

Location: Harrisburg (outside of Charlotte NC), United States
I think Caroline, Stephanie and Charlene all look beautiful. Steph and Charlene are wearing classy dresses and Caroline is wearing a dress that is tasteful, yet funky. BTW...Caroline's hair looks great this length, but why was Stephanie wearing a ponytail to this event?????
Old 07-27-2007, 09:02 PM
Commoner

People are always talking about Princesses being "fashionistas", but Caroline is the only real fashionista in the whole lot of them. Because she doesn't just wear what is fashionable, but has her own fashion sense too. She wears her clothing and the clothing never wears her. I think some of the other Princesses are actually more elegant than Caroline, but none beats her when it comes to being a "fashionista". Her dress the night before the wedding of Felipe and Letizia was one of my all time favorites and only she could have worn it! Tonight is another only Princess Caroline dress, for me.

She was the original "it" princess, and still has verve and vim. I like her and all her jet settiness.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Let's stay on topic...the Red Cross Ball.

We are not here (at least in this thread) to analyze Albert's and Charlene's relationship and whether or not it is approved by the Grimaldi's, the Kelly's, the people of Monaco or members of the Forum.

As a reminder, the following threads are available for discussion regarding the dress of Caroline, Stephanie, Charlene and Albert!

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...tyle-7289.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...le-1031-5.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...e-12204-9.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-12825-13.html

Thank you.

Zonk, tbhrc, and Lady Jennifer

Monaco Moderators