Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2019, 2021 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So... no Princess Caroline... What a disappointment this all day has been!!!

It's only in the last couple of years she has stopped attending.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Even if she doesn't attend the Red Cross the last 2 (I think) years, today she should have gone. Albert helped in Pierre's weddilng in his palace. It would be a nice surprise if Caroline, all her chlildren (including Pierre and Bea) and the Borromeo family would attend, as a result of a big unite family.
And I would like to see more pics of the wedding (including the Casiraghi family).

Even if she doesn't attend the Red Cross the last 2 (I think) years, today she should have gone. Albert helped in Pierre's weddilng in his palace. It would be a nice surprise if Caroline, all her chlildren (including Pierre and Bea) and the Borromeo family would attend, as a result of a big unite family.
And I would like to see more pics of the wedding (including the Casiraghi family).

Well... "helped" is a big word when everything is done by the staff... Note that it is not "Albert's party" or a public event or something. It is just a fundraiser for charity.

:lol:

The whole family spent the full day with the wedding. It is normal if they were tired. Prince Albert had to go since he is the President but all the other could rest.

This year's Red Cross Ball seems to be a very underwhelming affair . Not only us the Princely family in sparse numbers, but there doesn't appear to be any major personalities in attendance- well the news agencies haven't picked up any as yet. Looking back at last year, there was a similar lack of family in attendance, but as we know they are all in Monaco today because they all attended the wedding, it really is a disappointment. Albert needs to resurrect the status of this ball quick!

Well, tbh honest there have never been any "major" celebrities at this event since the heyday of Grace/Rainier in the 60 and 70's. That's when superstars and occasionally other Royals attended the Ball.

Now, all the star power is provided by Caroline's children and their partners and friends. If they don't show up, it's officially a Flop.:sad:

It would have made for a romantic surprise if the newlyweds had put in at least a brief appearance looking their usual glamorous selves but maybe they had other plans for this evening.;):p

This year's Red Cross Ball seems to be a very underwhelming affair . Not only us the Princely family in sparse numbers, but there doesn't appear to be any major personalities in attendance- well the news agencies haven't picked up any as yet. Looking back at last year, there was a similar lack of family in attendance, but as we know they are all in Monaco today because they all attended the wedding, it really is a disappointment. Albert needs to resurrect the status of this ball quick!

I meant that all these personalities (Caroline's and Borromeo families) would have given more glamour to this charity event. It would be a nice occasion to show two important families united by this wedding. I also think Albert would like to be surrounded by all these VIPs, who probably they would be tired.

:previous:I totally agree, and that is what I was kind of hoping for. The combined families of the Grimaldis, Casiraghis and Borromeos.

For sheer megawatt aristocratic glamour/elegance it would have been a great moment in the reign of Albert II and for the House of Grimaldi.

A missed opportunity, but maybe everyone was simply tired after the long day.

Apparently there was an evening event at Jimmy'z for the wedding guests.

Red Cross Ball - July 25, 2015

Apparently there was an evening event at Jimmy'z for the wedding guests.

Well that is rubbing salt in the wound. Not too tired too dance the night away. I agree, a lovely opportunity has been missed.
( Jimmy'z is virtually 'next door' to the Sporting Club)

Last edited:

Well, it is just a fundraiser. There are plenty of very rich ladies and gentlemen but who knows these folks? The balls were known for some old-school Hollywood celebbies but that never was the point. The Croix-Rouge Monegasque will be happy with all these donations from those totally unknown awesomely rich French, Italian, Russian, German, Chinese, etc. folks who are willing to spend lots of Euros for this event.

:flowers:

She's wonderful !!! I love her in strong colours instead of beige or white...

Where did you learn about this evening event? Could we see some more pics from today?

Sorry, I can't remember. It might have been one of the articles that have been appearing in Hola over the last few days. Not sure about pics...

Well that is rubbing salt in the wound. Not too tired too dance the night away. I agree, a lovely opportunity has been missed.
( Jimmy'z is virtually 'next door' to the Sporting Club)

But who would have paid for the gala tickets? I know they all have silly amounts of money but still... Also, maybe they wanted to keep it to their "select" group of 700 guests.

Last edited by a moderator:
But who would have paid for the gala tickets? I know they all have silly amounts of money but still... Also, maybe they wanted to keep it to their "select" group of 700 guests.

What would any of us do? Leave the own wedding ball, to mingle with strangers in another venue who have paid for a ball to raise money for charity?

I wonder why the wedding - Red Cross ball coincidence has not been avoided... quite a day :)

I wonder why the wedding - Red Cross ball coincidence has not been avoided... quite a day :)

Well the Casiraghis seldom did attend the Red Cross Ball. They sometimes attend the Rose Ball, that other famous ball (because their mother is president of the Fondation Princesse Grace, for which that fundraising ball is organized).

:flowers:

Last edited:
As disappointed as I am, I do agree with Duc.

The Red Cross is an "official" event crowded with people the bridal couple do not necessarily know or socialize with....anonymous high rollers eager to rub shoulders with the crème de la crème of Monagesque society. To do so, they make a huge monetary donation to the Monaco Red Cross. As Head of State, it is the duty of Albert and his spouse to attend this event and to give these big donors their moneys' worth.

Albert and Charlene hosted the afternoon Civil wedding ceremony and garden reception and probably would have loved nothing more than to spend attend the evening Gala at the Hotel de Paris with their family and friends, but their obligation was to the Red Cross.

Now why the Red Cross Gala could not have been scheduled for last night or for Sunday evening I have no idea....:ermm:

According to People magazine "Deferring the annual Red Cross Ball, the groom's mother will instead preside at a private dinner for the couple's extended families at the luxurious Hotel de Paris."

It does make sense to me...I don't think it's a big deal that Princess Caroline and the Casiraghis are not attending, in fact, I think it would be strange if they did.
Pierre Casiraghi Marries Beatrice Borremo : People.com

I think Charlene looks wonderful in red. And the make-up is very appropriate. I like the red lipstick: her lips look more natural even if the color is so bright. I think it's one of her best recent looks!

Last edited by a moderator:
According to People magazine "Deferring the annual Red Cross Ball, the groom's mother will instead preside at a private dinner for the couple's extended families at the luxurious Hotel de Paris."

It does make sense to me...I don't think it's a big deal that Princess Caroline and the Casiraghis are not attending, in fact, I think it would be strange if they did.
Pierre Casiraghi Marries Beatrice Borremo : People.com

I think Charlene looks wonderful in red. And the make-up is very appropriate. I like the red lipstick: her lips look more natural even if the color is so bright. I think it's one of her best recent looks!

What is strange though,regardless any Monegasque explanation,is that both events were planned on the same day...

What wonderfull excuse not to see others in case of a little snap in this pretty disfunctional family...Poor things.

I would have preferred a skirt for such an elegant top.... but it's OK

Disappointing that there are so few galleries and no videos as yet of the Ball. Is that an indication that it is not as important/glamorous as in time gone by? P Charlene nevertheless looked elegant as always and happy to be at the side of "the Prince of my heart".

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

mmm I still wonder why the date of the ball was moved so in advance.... I don't think it is was coincidence that the red cross ball overlapped with Pierre and Beatrice's wedding... strange....

:previous:

If it had taken place next weekend, Saturday, August 1st, it would have been even more difficult for Prince Albert and Princess Charlene to attend both the ball and the wedding celebrations (in Italy then).
In the last years the ball took place on August 3 (2012), August 2 (2013), August 1 (2014), so in my eyes they've actually found a good solution and there's nothing strange about it for me :flowers:

We'll surely get a video by monacochannel within the next days, C4A :flowers:

Here's another gallery:

** pm: Albert et Charlène, un couple amoureux **

:previous:

If it had taken place next weekend, Saturday, August 1st, it would have been even more difficult for Prince Albert and Princess Charlene to attend both the ball and the wedding celebrations (in Italy then).
In the last years the ball took place on August 3 (2012), August 2 (2013), August 1 (2014), so in my eyes they've actually found a good solution and there's nothing strange about it for me :flowers:

We'll surely get a video by monacochannel within the next days, C4A :flowers:

Here's another gallery:

** pm: Albert et Charlène, un couple amoureux **

Ah thank you! I must have confused the red cross ball dates with the rose ball ones! I thought the red cross ball was supposed to take place at the end of august... my mistake:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom