Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2019, 2021 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Someone asked about past additional family attendance at the Red Cross Ball. Getty shows the following:
2013 - Caroline was there
2012 - no one
2011 - Caroline and Stephanie
2010 - Caroline and Stephanie
2009 - Stephanie
2008 - Stephanie and Caroline
2007 - Stephanie and Caroline
2006 - Stephanie and Caroline
2005 - Stephanie and Caroline (before Charlene)

I admit, others may have been there, but I took the lazy way out and just referred to the PEOPLE listed for the search results at Getty. But the general answer is that Caroline and Stephanie have generally attended.
And it was fun to look at how past fashion choices hold up in the light of several years passing.

Last edited:
The pics are undoubtedly the most beautiful I have ever seen of this couple - and I am a fan of this couple - but these pics are simply lovely. Charlene is stunning First Lady of Monaco and she and Albert look really happy and in love - joy to see them!

Thanks, melina premiere, for that short, but nice, video. They do seem close and very happy, as other posters have noted. Always nice to see moving pics. Also shows a little of them dancing. Hope there will be more videos soon.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Care to share? Not just pictures but your observations? :flowers:

If you call up Getty and search on Red Cross Ball you get this: Search - Getty Images UK: red cross ball

On the right - you can search over the years by person. Take a look. Shirley Bassey always looks good. There are old Princess Grace photos! You can check out Stephanie or Charlene over the years. It's kinda fun!

It used to be a bigger international deal than it seems to be today (I'm guessing the economic bust helped with this).

It seems less a big deal than the Rose Ball, with less "fancy" fashion. Anyway - it was nice to see Liz Taylor from back in the day!

She looks stunning, as I said, but her fuller face makes her look soft and very beautiful. She is looks better pregnant.

There is a softness on her face, she looks really happy !

Charlene is very beautiful! And now with her pregnancy she will much sweeter! Lovely!

She looks fantastic ! Every inch a true Princess.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Red Cross Ball - July 25, 2015

This is the thread dedicated to the Red Cross Ball 2015.

It will take place on Saturday, July 25, 2015 at 8.30 pm at the Monte-Carlo Sporting Club. Singer Sting will perform.

** mc: Sting sur scène pour le 67e Gala de la Croix Rouge ** translation **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Happy Posting!:flowers:

There is never a live coverage. It is just a fundraising ball, not a state event. :)

Who in the world is Victoria Silverstedt, and why is she at every important event on the Monegasque calendar?!

Who in the world is Victoria Silverstedt, and why is she at every important event on the Monegasque calendar?!

Victoria Silvstedt is a friend of Albert and Charlene, she was invited to the twins christening and also to other family events. She was invited also to the christening of Gareth Wittstock's and Roisin Galvin's child. She has her own website, there people can get information of her.

Last edited:
I've often thought the same thing, Victoria Silvstedt would be a well known Swedish model here in Europe.

I have never heard about Ms Silvstedt. Never too old to learn something.

I wonder if Caroline and family might be there tonight given the wedding earlier today - I know they aren't normally in attendance but it would be a lovely surprise if they were.

It's only in the last couple of years she has stopped attending.

Charlene's outfit very nice from what i can see!

It looks a little minimalist, but I'll reserve judgement until we get a better view.

Just checked and Stephanie and Caroline both attended in 2011 and Caroline last attended in 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it rather strange that Caroline is not usually in attendance????

The Bal de la Rose, which is a fundraiser for the Fondation Princesse Grace, is the usual event for Princess Caroline, which is understandable because she is the Chair of that foundation...

The Bal de la Croix-Rouge is a fundraiser for the Monegasque Red Cross and that is the usual event for Prince Albert, which is understandable because he is the President of that organization.

:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom