The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-26-2015, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Here are some more pics of the ball:

** pp: Albert et Charlène de Monaco : Un couple amoureux au chic Gala de la Croix-Rouge **

** gala.fr: Charlène et Albert de Monaco, couple magique du 67e gala de la Croix-Rouge **

** voici.fr: 67e gala de la Croix-Rouge : Charlène et Albert de Monaco, un couple glamour pour la bonne cause **

Old 07-26-2015, 01:57 PM
Royal Highness

Not keen on P. Charlene's outfit bottom... Trousers??? Really??? A skirt would have been much nicer with such an upper part...

Old 07-26-2015, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I would have preferred a skirt for such an elegant top.... but it's OK
Old 07-27-2015, 07:25 AM
Administrator

The Palace has released a small gallery as well:

** Gala de la Croix Rouge 2015 ** same set via mc **
Old 07-27-2015, 03:07 PM
Courtier

Disappointing that there are so few galleries and no videos as yet of the Ball. Is that an indication that it is not as important/glamorous as in time gone by? P Charlene nevertheless looked elegant as always and happy to be at the side of "the Prince of my heart".

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 07-27-2015, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

mmm I still wonder why the date of the ball was moved so in advance.... I don't think it is was coincidence that the red cross ball overlapped with Pierre and Beatrice's wedding... strange....
Old 07-27-2015, 04:48 PM
Administrator

If it had taken place next weekend, Saturday, August 1st, it would have been even more difficult for Prince Albert and Princess Charlene to attend both the ball and the wedding celebrations (in Italy then).
In the last years the ball took place on August 3 (2012), August 2 (2013), August 1 (2014), so in my eyes they've actually found a good solution and there's nothing strange about it for me

We'll surely get a video by monacochannel within the next days, C4A

Here's another gallery:

** pm: Albert et Charlène, un couple amoureux **
Old 07-27-2015, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

If it had taken place next weekend, Saturday, August 1st, it would have been even more difficult for Prince Albert and Princess Charlene to attend both the ball and the wedding celebrations (in Italy then).
In the last years the ball took place on August 3 (2012), August 2 (2013), August 1 (2014), so in my eyes they've actually found a good solution and there's nothing strange about it for me

We'll surely get a video by monacochannel within the next days, C4A

Here's another gallery:

** pm: Albert et Charlène, un couple amoureux **
Ah thank you! I must have confused the red cross ball dates with the rose ball ones! I thought the red cross ball was supposed to take place at the end of august... my mistake
Old 07-28-2015, 12:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

The red cross gala is the most important event of the year and according all the reports of the newspapers even Hello, the gala of this year was a sucess.
There were not important singers of Usa, but are there still very important singers apart Lady Gaga ? we are in Europa, there were french actors, french singers , business men , personalities , some princely couple as Serge of Yougoslavia and her wife or an another couple who was at the same table of Prince Albert and princess Charlene
The Monegash red cross raised a lot of money and this is important.
There are a lot of reports on the red cross gala and I could publish them
If Caroline and her children were present to the red cross gala, all the readers of this tread would have said ' oh the gala is glamour, Caroline is so stunning and so but there were only Albert and Charlene, no matter.

Why Pierre and Beatrice chose this date for their wedding ? the date of the red cross gala was fixed since one year ago? Two events in a one day, it is too much.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
Disappointing that there are so few galleries and no videos as yet of the Ball. Is that an indication that it is not as important/glamorous as in time gone by? P Charlene nevertheless looked elegant as always and happy to be at the side of "the Prince of my heart".

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
The only difference is that in the old days we saw Hollywood celebbies, mainly because of Princess Gracia's links with her former profession. Then the media forgot what it was all about: a fundrasing event for the Croix-Rouge Monegasque, no more, no less.

Now we no longer see famous Hollywood actors but that does not mean that the event is less succesful. Monte-Carlo is full with unbelievably rich people no one ever has heard of and they donate large sums for the benefit of the Red Cross.

That is it. I also disagree that the Red Cross Ball is "the most important event". The Fête Nationale, the Grand-Prix Formule 1, the Diamond League Championships (Athletics), the international Circus Festival of Monte-Carlo, the Monaco Opera and Ballet Season, the Rallye de Monte-Carlo, the Monaco Yacht Week, the Monte-Carlo Open (tennis), etc. are all much bigger and more important events than the Red Cross Ball which is what it is: a ball for a select group of people and that was it.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:58 PM
Courtier

Personally, I don't see a problem with the Red Cross Gala and the civil wedding on the same day. The Casiraghis and their friends have never attended and Caroline and Stephanie haven't always attended in recent years so if it fitted everyone's calendar, fine. Albert certainly didn't seem bothered when he spoke about the wedding plans.

I'm a Caroline fan having followed her for nearly 40 years but she isn't the future of Monaco, Albert, and the family he has formed with Charlene, is. It seems natural to me that they would take centre stage and I found the pictures showed a very glamorous, high end event. Would it have been nice to see some other members of the family? Yes, but they had other things on.

I agree with Duc et Pair - I don't think it's the most important event, rather I ser it as the end of the "season" before the summer holidays and a return to normal events in the autumn.

For me the big event is National Day, I love seeing all the different family members together.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:10 PM
Majesty

Good post Florestane I love Monaco's National Day too. The Mass, the appearance of the entire beautiful family on the Balcony to the cheers of the Monagesques...is always fun to watch. This year will be very special because it is the first with the little Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella.

I enjoy the entire Monte-Carlo Season immensely...the Rose Ball, the Grand Prix, the Red Cross. No poverty, homelessness, unemployment, political unrest...It all just seems like another world filled with beauty and unimaginable luxury and glamour.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Red Cross Ball - July 25, 2015

I agree it's not the most important / well known event in Monaco - surely that must be the Grand Prix, but it is known as the principal society gala/ fund raising ball of the season and as such has attracted world class performers ( Sting this year) and a tombola with some amazing prizes. Grace enhanced its status and set an elegance in dress/ jewels that has persisted to some extent. It's sad, but I guess inevitable that some of its traditional sparkle seems to have gone.
On a not totally unrelated point, I haven't seen any pics of Charlene with the traditional red and white bouquet which is usually presented to the Royal princesses upon arrival - another tradition gone ?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app