The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Aristocracy

I like Caroline's dress, it's got a little flair and a cool mix of patterns. Stephanie's is pretty, but kind of blah. Charlene...oh just think if this gown were in ocean or aqua blue, how it would look with that tiara/necklace! Sometimes I think Charlene is a little afraid to be beautiful.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Courtier

It's really a shame that both Caroline and Stephanie were such lovely young women but time/problems and too much sun, and probably cigarettes have done their damage. They both look very careworn. Stepanie's dress is lovely and Caroline's is ok, but looks like it might be more appropriate for party around the pool. Charlene looks really lovely and I agree Scarebaby that if her gown had been in a shade of blue it would have been spectacular.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:09 AM
Nobility

Great photos, it is so nice to see the family united and sharing their happiness; Prince Albert and Princess Charlene look so good together.

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 08-07-2011, 12:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

I might need to see better pictures of the dress, but I think both Stephanie and Caroline look like they are dressed for a pool party. Not elegant enough imo. As for their looks, Stephanie especially looks rough, I honestly don't know what happened to her.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-07-2011, 12:20 AM
Royal Highness

Caroline and Stephanie looked nicer than in some other years. Charlene's dress color didn't show her necklace to it's best advantage. She wore another strapless dress, in almost the same design as she always wears. I was glad to see all the main family attending.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Well that woman is wearing the wrong dress, it looks ugly as does she. She's not stunning but tired, old and almost leathery. Same goes for Stephanie, who at least wore a semi-elegant dress.

I like Charlene's gown, but she needs to stay out of the sun, it's ruining her complexion.
Uhhmmm...Don't care for the dress as well. But IMHO, and as a man...I think Caroline is still a stunningly Beautiful woman!
To say she is Old and tired is unfair, and I think the more regular posters would agree with me. WE ALL have our tastes and our own definitions of "class", most of us on here still think Caroline is a beautiful classy lady!!!
Don't bother responding....I'm waaay over getting into fights with people on here.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:03 AM
Serene Highness

I wonder how they expect Caroline to look. Shes 54, she has not gone through surgeries. Leave her alone! The same for her sister. They have lived life to the fullest, they like sun. It must be very difficult to live near the Mediterranean and not sunbathe on vacation!!! I prefer those wrinkles that they carry on so elegantly, and not a plastic face full of botox.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:18 AM
Heir Apparent

rosana - I agree with you 100 percent.....

These women have lived, they have lived-in faces, lived-in bodies, and lived-in minds and hearts.

They should be praised for them, not belittled or scorned !
Old 08-07-2011, 03:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I wonder how they expect Caroline to look. Shes 54, she has not gone through surgeries. Leave her alone! The same for her sister. They have lived life to the fullest, they like sun. It must be very difficult to live near the Mediterranean and not sunbathe on vacation!!! I prefer those wrinkles that they carry on so elegantly, and not a plastic face full of botox.

Agree with yoo. Both Caro and Stephanie made the choice not to do anything in their faces, it is their right.

Nevertheless, they take care of their body and their elegance.

It is A CHOICE not to interevene with surgery, and we have to respect this choice, and not to say that they are old, or whatever else.

Someone prefer to appear their age, someone prefer to have artificially full faces. We have to respect both choices!
Old 08-07-2011, 03:52 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Fashion Awards: The Red Cross Ball 2011
Old 08-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

I also believe that if Charlene's gown was in a complementary color, the necklace would have been more outstanding. While the piece is large, it's very subtle and delicate and was overwhelmed, I thought, by the strong color of the dress. To me, Charlene's classic good looks are complemented by pastels.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post

Perhaps a softer hairstyle and some jewelry for Princess Stephanie would have complimented her lovely dress. Her recent dress choices (to the wedding) have been a change for her, elegant and softer. A surprising change, perhaps she has found a new designer that she likes or maybe she and her daughters are having fun choosing mommy’s dresses.

I liked Charlene's necklace. Some posters have suggested that the necklace did not go with the dress’s fuchsia color, but the blue sapphire and fuchsia color might be in the same color palate. I saw pictures of the Ocean Tiara and wondered how it would look on Charlene as a necklace; it looks like lace at her neck.

Caroline's dress almost stole the show. Look at how she carries herself. 54 years old, graceful and elegant (in a strange dress) full of life and unafraid to experiment with fashion at such a high profile event. It would be boring to always have the perfect dress on Caroline so please madame, experiment and surprise us some more.

Amen rosana! Botoxed faces (Rigor mortis look) have been robbed of the ability to express Joie de vivre. "Age" is removed and replaced with a cold expressionless indifferent air. Style, grace, poise, elegance are an attitude that emanates from within and have nothing to do with facial wrinkles and $$$$ wardrobe. Botox, face lifts and injected fillers squelch naturalness and destroy the spontaneous ability to express one’s self. The Princess sisters of Monaco are aging gracefully and are content with their own person. Bravo!
Old 08-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Baroness - I agree. I always feel that Charlene does not need strong or loud colours. She can carry herself and her body by herself - no further accoutrements needed.
As you said, pastels are perfect, and they accentuate whatever she may be wearing.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Royal Highness

I actually think it the pink wasn't so shiny it compliments the necklace well, with the shiny bright pink it overpowers the gorgeous necklace but it's certainly not a bad look
Old 08-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

A softer pink would have really looked lovely on Charlene and with the necklace, too. I can't wait to see it worn as a tiara.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
Like i said: the whole family reunited...
As for the ladies outfits... dreadful! />
I agree; Caroline's dress is hideous, Stephanie's looks like a nightgown, and Charlene's is garish. I don't think any of them look good!
Old 08-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Baroness - I agree. I always feel that Charlene does not need strong or loud colours. She can carry herself and her body by herself - no further accoutrements needed.
As you said, pastels are perfect, and they accentuate whatever she may be wearing.
Agreed! She can wear a potato sack and she will look stunning!
I think she's soooo beautiful, speculation of plastic surgery or not!
I just love her!
Old 08-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Courtier

IMO the speculation of plastic surgery is promoted by those who for some reason think they have to tear down someone in order to build up another up. Unfortunate it makes for unnecessary warring factions. Charlene looks lovely though I would have preferred the dress to be in some shade of blue. Anyone looking at pictures of Charlene from years ago can see that she is a natural beauty and at this point enhanced by makeup and high style clothes.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Commoner

Old 08-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Aristocracy

I actually love Charlene's dress. The rest of them...can they not afford a stylist? I've never understood why Caroline and Stephanie dress so poorly.

MM