The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-05-2006, 07:00 AM
Aristocracy

That's bad Charlotte wasn't there :( ,Caroline and Stephanie were great,but Charlotte would have added more punch and dazzling in that event.

Old 08-05-2006, 07:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDianafan
Stephanie has not aged well at all. No offense to Stephanie fans, but she looks terrible, especially if you compare her to Caroline.

So I guess there was no engagement announcement at the ball.
I agree with you. Her body is great! But from the neck up. She can afford any laser, cream, etc. Why not use it? She is too wrinkled for her young age.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 08-05-2006, 07:54 AM
Courtier

It is strange that Charlotte wasnt there, specially because she was in Monaco for her birthday. So she left the next day. As for Andrea and Tati, they at least werent in Monaco and probably were vacationing far away. As for Stephanie's looks, i think she is suffering from too much sun exposure.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:05 AM
Nobility

It is probably too much sun and nature taking its course with stephanie. Not everyone ages well.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Aristocracy

Albert and Charlene look so adorable. Her hair is absolutely beautiful and she looks younger. I hope they will marry soon. They are perfect for each other. They are obviously soulmates who share so many personal traits. They can always go jogging together. And I can't wait to follow their exciting future!! With ten little swimmers running around. The girls can form a synchronized swimming team. How adorable! I can't wait for the wedding. I'm sure it will be so emotional because they obviously love each other so dearly and the magnetism between them is just so radiant. They both glow with happiness.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynda
Well the Red Cross Ball is over and everybody has gone home and put away their gowns and tuxedos. I thought everybody looked very elegant. However, IMO something was missing. The glitter and glamour of the prior balls no longer seems to exist, but I guess the real importance is the proceeds to help the underprivileged. How much were the tickets this year? Last year I read an article and the tickets sold for $1000 per person.

No announcement of an engagement at the ball between PA and CW thus far, what’s next, more speculation???? I guess we will have to wait and see what happens at the next event…The Jazz Festival.

I have to agree with you the glamour wasn't there no real celebrities or even one supermodel. I don't know if Albert can draw big name celebrities .
Old 08-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
This is slightly off topic, but how much do tickets cost for the Red Cross Ball?
1,000 Euros, which is 1,287 US Dollars.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Stephanie and Charlene looks charming - gowns and hairs.

I agree that Steph should do smth with her face which looks to old as to the rest of her body.

Caroline ... well if she only would wore this dress without this smth around her neck and arms:w00t2: She should decide - wore a dress or this smth blouse/undershirt... And her hairs - she should dismiss her hairdresses and take a new one
Old 08-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I realize that most posters here are die-heart Monaco fans which is fine with me so I don't mean to offend anybody - but still, may I be allowed to post a few pragmatic though strictly personal observations?
The Red Cross ball has lost most of its former prestige over the past years, and this year doesn't help... Having Duran Duran perform is a bad joke compared to the former heydays, and the appearance of several members of the Monegasque Principal family is rather disheartening to me.
Prince Albert looks as bland as ever. There's very little interaction between him and his supposed 'girlfriend' who now is only 'The Prince's guest' officially it seems - nice dress on CW, but she's just so unremarkable.
Princess Caroline manages to appear like a total fashion victim in a very silly gown, and this is not the first time in recent years - she used to dress impeccably, but not anymore.
Princess Stephanie squeezed herself into a lovely dress a few sizes too small, and her bitter face sports rather terrible signs of wear & tear & unhappiness.
The only one looking as if she belonged to a Royal Family is Princess Antoinette.
Anyone who has seen footage on TV might agree that the sibling's body language looked even icier on TV than on pics. This Family has had their share of unhappiness & tragedy for sure, but keeping all their wealth & prvileges in mind, I can't help thinking that they still could try a little harder. They managed to keep up appearances long after Princess Grace's death, and I had hoped that Prince Albert might introduce some fresh energy, but watching all of them being stuck in the glory of the past along with a lack of class over the past few years makes me rather sad.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
Princess Caroline manages to appear like a total fashion victim in a very silly gown, and this is not the first time in recent years - she used to dress impeccably, but not anymore.
That's not true!
Silly gown???CAROLINE A FASHION VICTIM??:bash:
No offence Boris but she was radiant.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Princess Stephanie squeezed herself into a lovely dress a few sizes too small, and her bitter face sports rather terrible signs of wear & tear & unhappiness.
The only one looking as if she belonged to a Royal Family is Princess Antoinette.
That may be but Stephanie looked great in that dress she has a great body . It was good to Princess Antoinette out she did look good. Wish stephanie happiness .
Old 08-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Serene Highness

I'm sorry, I have to agree with Boris. I've tried to think otherwise, but I just think Charlene Wittstock is really quite unremarkable. IMO, even though the dress is very appropriate for the occasion and she does look nice in it, she must have gotten some help with her comportment, her make-up, her hair and with picking that outfit. I hope she keeps in touch with the design team that worked on her for this party, because in other pictures where she's sitting in the balcony or doing other questionable things (!), she's obviously dressing herself in her own clothes, doing her own hair and makup (or doing nothing at all, whatever the case) and she has looked much worse and un-refined like some kind of cheap date.

It did look like everyone was having fun though, which is probably all that matters. The party itself looks like great fun, even for the ones who attend on a regular basis. It is good to see the younger members of the family showing up too, they look nice.

it'll be interesting to watch how PA (or someone in his camp) tries to make a silk purse of a sow's ear -- or at least make people think that's what they've done.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Aristocracy

I don't agree with Boris about the fashion victim of Caroline... You are offensed about it of us!

Caroline of Monaco is one of the best dressed princess of the world, don't forget of it. So I'm very proud of her.

Indeed Caroline of Monaco loves dressing as a natural and simple woman, she always tried to dress as natural during holiday vacations. Maybe you prefer to see Paris Hilton as a fashion victim and Paris Hilton wanna "to be seen" right?
Old 08-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Aristocracy

Cool

Quote:
The Red Cross ball has lost most of its former prestige over the past years, and this year doesn't help... Having Duran Duran perform is a bad joke compared to the former heydays, and the appearance of several members of the Monegasque Principal family is rather disheartening to me.
Prince Albert looks as bland as ever. There's very little interaction between him and his supposed 'girlfriend' who now is only 'The Prince's guest' officially it seems - nice dress on CW, but she's just so unremarkable.
Anyone who has seen footage on TV might agree that the sibling's body language looked even icier on TV than on pics. This Family has had their share of unhappiness & tragedy for sure, but keeping all their wealth & prvileges in mind, I can't help thinking that they still could try a little harder. They managed to keep up appearances long after Princess Grace's death, and I had hoped that Prince Albert might introduce some fresh energy, but watching all of them being stuck in the glory of the past along with a lack of class over the past few years makes me rather sad.
i totally agree with everything you said Boris. :w00t2:

out of the family i think pierre and princess Antoinette looked every bit royal and proper in contrast with the rest of the family
Old 08-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Aristocracy

I said in another forum that Caroline looked like she stepped out a bubble bath a bit too soon and did not have time to dry herself or her hair, she looks bad in that dress and Stepanie had a face of been in a very bad mood.
Lady Tropical Paradise; this is an especulative site, and we are here because we have time to spare, my opinions and yours, are just that and nobody will get hurt if we express them. Have a great life.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_ptit_diablotin
I don't agree with Boris about the fashion victim of Caroline...

Caroline of Monaco is one of the best dressed princess of the world, don't forget of it.

Indeed Caroline of Monaco loves dressing as a natural and simple woman
Well said
Old 08-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Administrator

I agree with a portion of Boris's statement. And I totally don't think you offended anyone...everyone on the Forums is entitled to HIS or HER OPINIONS.

I don't follow the Monaco family as much...I just pop in and out of the threads...but here are my observations. Caroline looked radiant and I love her new hair cut..but I didn't care for her dress either. It was like they put two dresses together...they perhaps should have stuck with one style perhaps? I would think many are disappointed by her choice because they have seen her dressed better. Imagine what the dress would have looked like without the ruffles!

Stephanie...loved her dress..perhaps it couldn't have been a size bigger. I don't think a Princess should wear such a dress...but if anyone could wear it...she was the one. I do agree with the comments about her tan..she has had too much sun and it has aged her. Madeline would be wise to look a pics of Stephanie (who was gorgeous in her youth) to see what too much sun would do..but she has she Aunt as a role model..and she seems to ignore that lesson.

I feel sorry for Charlene....you cant help who you fall in love with..and more the pity that he is a prince..as people who don't know you can make assumptions on you based on a couple of pics. I am sure when she decided not to finish school so she could focus on her swimminmg...the last thought in her mind was the Prince that she was to date ten (just an approximation) later! In regards to her being a role model...I think she is a role model in the sense that she had the convictions to follow her dreams to do swimming. She can always go back to school..its never to late. I think she looked lovely!

Old 08-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Majesty

Please remember that Charlene's education is not the subject of this thread.

Please get back on topic.

Thanks,

tbhrc
Monaco Moderator
Old 08-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Majesty

Here is a video about his years red cross ball.... Click here... And then click on Tagesschau.....
Old 08-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Serene Highness

thanks for the link
did you see that look caroline was giving to her left when they were at the table, then she leans over to talk. look at it again omg what a look