The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by anag
In the HOLA! article the caption under the 2nd picture says that the sisters aren't even looking at eachother, "resaltando" (I don't know how to translate that into English it's sort of like emphasizing but not really :sorry: ), the distance that exists between the sisters. I thought that things didn't look too bad between them in the pics, but HOLA! just had to point that out.

Ani
I Know There were plenty of pics of steph and Caro looking at each other

Old 08-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Aristocracy

I Love the HELLO picture of Albert reaching across the table to hold Charlene's hand. How cute! I really hope they get married soon!

Old 08-08-2006, 01:05 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi P.
I Love the HELLO picture of Albert reaching across the table to hold Charlene's hand. How cute! I really hope they get married soon!
To me it looked like he just wanted to look at her new red nails
Old 08-08-2006, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

At http://www.mcpress.mc/ you can see a coverage about the ball that's quite nice, but I consider it senseless to repost the pics as they have already been posted from other agencies - nevertheless a nice look back.. :)

(Olivier Almondo/Mcpress)
Old 08-08-2006, 08:54 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by seto
I know steph has the better dress.
Steph & Charlene look fabulous - what wonderful dresses! Caroline - what was she thinking??? The dress looks clownish!

Diane
Old 08-08-2006, 08:55 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
It is a nice picture, but her arms look soooo stiff like she's got them pasted to her side. Her shoulders are huge for a woman, imo.

Caro and Stephanie look wonderful!!! I really like seeing them.

although I must say, I'm not a big fan of caro's dress
Of course Charlene's shoulders are huge - she's a swimmer!
Old 08-08-2006, 09:03 AM
Serene Highness

How come we didn't get to see any more dancing pictures? There always used to be some of the opening dance around and a few others. This year it is only Pierre and Melanie. How come? Nobody danced?
Old 08-10-2006, 02:52 AM
Majesty

This weeks PdV:

Old 08-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Majesty

Some scans from BUNTE, and finally some pics of Albert and Charlene dancing, and walking hand in hand......

And here are some quotes from Bunte No. 33 10.08.2006:

Karl Lagerfeld:

It is time for a new Princess of Monaco. Fresh wind does well and Charlene is the perfect woman for this.

Some eyewitness:

Albert and Charlene danced frolic and relaxed. They hugged each other, they nestled to each other and they also sang. Like any other loving couple, who just wants to have fun. Their great spirit dragged everyone along.

Those are translations from Google.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bunte-10-8-1.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	259255   Click image for larger version

Name:	bunte-10-8-2.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	259256   Click image for larger version

Name:	bunte-10-8-4.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	259257   Click image for larger version

Name:	bunte-10-8-5.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	259258  

Click image for larger version

Name:	bunte-10-8-6.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	259259   Click image for larger version

Name:	bunte-10-8-3.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	259260  
Old 08-10-2006, 09:41 AM
Aristocracy

They are really SWEET
Charlene seems to be the right woman for Albert!
Thank you for the pict tbhrc !!
Old 08-10-2006, 09:57 AM
Nobility

Holding hands I see, they look cute. And I love the photos of Ernst and Charlene laughing, Ernst knows how to have a good time...that's why I love him.

Ani
Old 08-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by compatissant
Of course Charlene's shoulders are huge - she's a swimmer!
she takes after her father, he has the same body shape. the man is huge these days, if she is going to become like him...good luck to albert
Old 08-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Nobility

Something doesnt look right with that hand holding picture. It looks like they pieced together pictures of each just moving their arms while walking. I don't know, maybe I'm starting to see things.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:09 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by anag
In the HOLA! article the caption under the 2nd picture says that the sisters aren't even looking at eachother, "resaltando" (I don't know how to translate that into English it's sort of like emphasizing but not really :sorry: ), the distance that exists between the sisters. I thought that things didn't look too bad between them in the pics, but HOLA! just had to point that out.

Ani
The magazines can always find some photo that's "proof" of whatever point they want to make. I think they patronize their audience, to think that readers still want to hear the same old stale argument.

Pierre's tux is amazing, and I love the way he's wearing his hair. He looked superb, a class act in every way.

No one else mentioned this, but Charlene's dress looks almost exactly like the one Stephanie wore to the Rose Ball four or five years ago.

At first I hated Caroline's dress, but the more I look at it the more I like it, and I think she looks gorgeous. The short hair gives her face a lift, with her beautiful features being what you focus on, instead of the hair around them. Her complexion has aged so little, in this she takes after her mother.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Nobility

Does Stephanie own any nice jewelry? how come she's not wearing any it would make her look more "royal". It's great to see her joining the family and looking happy.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
I realize that most posters here are die-heart Monaco fans which is fine with me so I don't mean to offend anybody - but still, may I be allowed to post a few pragmatic though strictly personal observations?
The Red Cross ball has lost most of its former prestige over the past years, and this year doesn't help... Having Duran Duran perform is a bad joke compared to the former heydays, and the appearance of several members of the Monegasque Principal family is rather disheartening to me.
Prince Albert looks as bland as ever. There's very little interaction between him and his supposed 'girlfriend' who now is only 'The Prince's guest' officially it seems - nice dress on CW, but she's just so unremarkable.
Princess Caroline manages to appear like a total fashion victim in a very silly gown, and this is not the first time in recent years - she used to dress impeccably, but not anymore.
Princess Stephanie squeezed herself into a lovely dress a few sizes too small, and her bitter face sports rather terrible signs of wear & tear & unhappiness.
The only one looking as if she belonged to a Royal Family is Princess Antoinette.
Anyone who has seen footage on TV might agree that the sibling's body language looked even icier on TV than on pics. This Family has had their share of unhappiness & tragedy for sure, but keeping all their wealth & prvileges in mind, I can't help thinking that they still could try a little harder. They managed to keep up appearances long after Princess Grace's death, and I had hoped that Prince Albert might introduce some fresh energy, but watching all of them being stuck in the glory of the past along with a lack of class over the past few years makes me rather sad.
I tend to agree with what you said, especially about Albert, but not on Caroline...she is the only classy left in the "gossip" world...
Old 08-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Aristocracy

what is she doing in that picture on the dance floor, yawning? her eyes are closed, is she sleep dancing? Oh my, what time did the party end?
Old 08-11-2006, 01:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra65
Something doesnt look right with that hand holding picture. It looks like they pieced together pictures of each just moving their arms while walking. I don't know, maybe I'm starting to see things.
I'm with you libra. Looks like another pastiche to "prove" their story.

And tbhrc, whats with the black scratches at the top of the photo?

Ann
Old 08-11-2006, 03:41 AM
Gentry

Thumbs down Uh huh.

I can't help but notice the hand-holding pic too. It's got to be a fake.

Where is the rest of his hand? She's got her purse in that hand...you can see the handle which is why her hand is shaped as it is, but what about his? They've really made a funky mess of this one. I don't have photoshop but I could do a better job with the programs I do have.

Fake, fake, fake.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkycat
I can't help but notice the hand-holding pic too. It's got to be a fake.

Where is the rest of his hand? She's got her purse in that hand...you can see the handle which is why her hand is shaped as it is, but what about his? They've really made a funky mess of this one. I don't have photoshop but I could do a better job with the programs I do have.

Fake, fake, fake.
It is not necessarily a fake. I don't think they are holding hands either in that picture. It is just perspective that makes it look as if they were. If you look closely, you will see that she seems to be walking slightly ahead of him and they are too far apart to hold hands. I suppose this was the best they could get of them together. In the dancing pic they are not dancing together, but from the perspective it is taken it looks as if they were. From what I have read in the local paper, they did not dance together as long as the photographers were around.