Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2019, 2021 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They look very happy. That bothers some. What a pity. Obviously, Caroline and Stephanie are not present, or not outlandish enough to be photographed.

How true, how true! :lol:

Charlene looks stunning, one of her best looks ever imo. And she and Albert appear more content than I have ever seen them together.

Albert and Charlene are very happy, there is also Leonard of Massy the son of Baroness of Massy at the side of his mother end sister, he is also on the photo.
Why is he present this year at the gala ? why did we see him never the la? Hst years he belongs to the princely family as his mother and sister. It is fine he is here this year.
Now there is Charlene, Caroline and Stephanis have not to stop her holidays to come back at Monaco to be present at the gala.
Albert is the patron of the red cross of monaco, only Charlene and he must be present

The Ball

I like these pictures! PA and CW seem to me very relaxed, and it is sure they enjoyed the gala. CW's dress is OK for me. It was not one of nicest dress but it is suitable for the event. It is mentioned that one of Charlene's brother , I also don't know which one (Sean or Gareth)attended the Red Cross Ball. I haven't seen one photo yet that proves that fact. Can anybody link a picture of his brother? Is it true that Princess Stephanie didn't participate the Ball?

I like these pictures! PA and CW seem to me very relaxed, and it is sure they enjoyed the gala. CW's dress is OK for me. It was not one of nicest dress but it is suitable for the event. It is mentioned that one of Charlene's brother , I also don't know which one (Sean or Gareth)attended the Red Cross Ball. I haven't seen one photo yet that proves that fact. Can anybody link a picture of his brother. Is it true that Princess Stephanie didn't participate the Ball?

Gareth Wittstock and his girlfriend.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0h0z9mkfoqa2C/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bs23he5u240D/x610.jpg
Jean-Leonard Taubert-Natta de Massy, Princess Charlene, Prince Albert, Elisabeth-Anne de Massy, Melanie-Antoinette de Massy, Gareth Wittstock and Roysin Galvin
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/034Ga7l2NKfFE/610x.jpg

Of course it's a disappointment that Princess Stéphanie canceled as she was listed as being present just two days ago on the Grimaldi facebook page in the official announcement of the Red Cross Ball.

Getty gallery showing the most 'important' guests:
Getty Images - Search: MCO: 64th Red Cross Ball Gala

When the most profilic businessman attending is Repossi, and the only celebrity attending is Shirley Bassey, then you can't help but realize that it might be justified to conclude that attendance at this year's Red cross ball was rather lacklustre.

Last edited:
there were many people at this gala, the article of monaco Matin says to day that it was full, there are also other busimen who are very important on Monaco, of Ireland of Russia and so..

Pity that neither of Albert's sisters were there but it was nice to see his cousin Elisabéth Anne de Massy and her daughter Melanie-Antoinette de Massy.

The Ball

:flowers:Thanks for pictures.
Gareth has a very beautiful girlfriend. I can say she was prettier than PC.
I also guess there were many influental businessmen , noble women and celebrities at the Ball but most of them unknown for me. It is pity that Princess Stephanie and Princess Caroline didn't attend the party.

Ah I believed it was Princess Caroline, there are two pc in the princely family also, I think it is better to writte Princess Caroline or Princess Charlene .
On monaco matin, there is a video of the couple dancing the rock and Albert singing. I can not do the copier coller my computer is a little out. If somebody can make it.
It is on monaco matin.

I think PS is at the Olympics. Gymnastics and diving are going on; PS and Pauline's favorite events.

FanofMonaco said:
I think PS is at the Olympics. Gymnastics and diving are going on; PS and Pauline's favorite events.

If she's at the Olympics, why did the royal court say she would be attending?

Charlene looks absolutely stunning. And both seem very relaxed and happy. The Olympics did the trick.

Of course it's a disappointment that Princess Stéphanie canceled as she was listed as being present just two days ago on the Grimaldi facebook page in the official announcement of the Red Cross Ball.

Getty gallery showing the most 'important' guests:
Getty Images - Search: MCO: 64th Red Cross Ball Gala

When the most profilic businessman attending is Repossi, and the only celebrity attending is Shirley Bassey, then you can't help but realize that it might be justified to conclude that attendance at this year's Red cross ball was rather lacklustre.

Shirley Bassey is a longtime personal friend of the Princely Family and I am sure they appreciate her presence, as well as that of Repossi.

But I do miss the days when the Ball drew an assortment of jet-setters and a few glamourous Continental Royals as well. :sad:

But having said that, the only two people whose presence is absolutely essential to this event are the reigning Prince and Princess-Consort. ;)

" (... ) the only two people whose presence is absolutely essential to this event are the reigning Prince and Princess-Consort. " ;)
... Who, by the way, and in my humble opinion are the dullest reigning couple of comtemporay monarchy...Blah!
:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

it is our own opinion Lazuli not ours.
Charlene had never scandals as Caroline and as Stephanie who have each two failed weddings.
Charlene was a swimmer but she had no children and was not divorced as other princesses who married a heir prince but it is your own opinion.

They looked great on the dancefloor. They can look a bit awkward being affectionate in public but I noticed on occasions like this they really seem to enjoy dancing together and always look genuinely close.

" (... ) the only two people whose presence is absolutely essential to this event are the reigning Prince and Princess-Consort. " ;)
... Who, by the way, and in my humble opinion are the dullest reigning couple of comtemporay monarchy...Blah!
:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

"Dullest"...really? I think they are a lot of things, but certainly not dull. Every interview and move they make and the blogosphere lights up with gossip and speculation. :lol:

I think "controversial" is more accurate. They are not my personal favorites but what I do love about them is how they seem to genuinely not give a damn about the naysayers, or about being an "IT" couple...they do their thing and keep it moving.

I like and admire that. :cool:

Jean-Leonard Taubert-Natta de Massy, Princess Charlene, Prince Albert, Elisabeth-Anne de Massy, Melanie-Antoinette de Massy, Gareth Wittstock and Roysin Galvin
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/034Ga7l2NKfFE/610x.jpg

Lord!! I have never ever thought I would consider Elizabeth and Melanie (both pretty charming women) as the best dresses and most glamorous in an official photo of the Red Cross Ball. How times change!!
If anyone could look worse than Charlene, there is her sister-in-law, with an absolutely exageratted tan, tacky dress and showing some parts of her body we didn´t need to see.

Charlene looks absolutely stunning. And both seem very relaxed and happy. The Olympics did the trick.
Princess Charlene looks lovely but she is not stunning; absolutely not.
This was the thirtieth anniversary of the death of Grace and thirty years ago she attended this as her last Ball.There was no acknowledgement of this by anyone there. ; perhaps even losing the ball to pay to pay tribute to her as Stepahnie did not show obviously why.. I would have preferred that they the Grimaldis had had a retrospective ofher films already in the Principality instead of the Ball just once. Indeed Princess Charlene and Prince Albert do look happy and probably because they are aware of the fact of the anniversary and keeping up morale. It would have been great to see all the Grimaldis or just something else. I doubt Stephanie would attend.
They managaed to carry on - great!

Last edited:
^^^^^
I don't think every public event has to be turned into a memorial for Grace. She has been dead for 30 years. They have already done the global tour of the Grace artifacts. At some time it has to come to an end and life for the principality has to move on. I am sure her family have their own private memories and that is enough.

Back
Top Bottom