The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoo View Post
I know exactly who Princess Antionette was and who Elisabeth de Massy are. My whole point was missed yet again. I said I missed seeing Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie there. I knew someone would take it upon themselves to tell me that there really is no need for Princess Caroline to be there anymore, because Charlene is now THE Princess. And my rebuttal was if Caroline has no need to be there anymore, why would Elisabeth de Massy? Never said she didn't belong there, never said she was not a part of the family, never said she shouldn't want to be there! The point of my comment was I wish Princess Caroline was there. LET'S MOVE ON NOW! THANKS!
I understood what you meant perhaps its that non-American's don't get what we mean sometimes. I think it is also a problem in translation.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
In the early years of Rainier and Grace's marriage, it is pretty well documented that the relationship between Princess Antoinette and the first couple were poor which may explain why Antoinette did not attend so many Galas during this time - although later, her attendance was pretty much guaranteed until ill health overtook her. Caroline attended all of the balls (I think) once she was old enough to do so while Grace was alive, and Stephanie also attended - although of course she was still very young when Grace was alive. So I don't think the fact that Albert now has Charlene, although obviously a factor, should be the reason why the rest of the family appear to have "downgraded" this event.

Not downgraded, just moving on. I was surprised to see Princess Charlene's brother in the group picture, the one with the de Massy family. In the past, this type of picture was only for the Grimaldi family. However, apparently changes are occurring in Monaco with the marriage of Prince Albert to Charlene. Probably they will occur slowly and not all at once. The changes of attendance at this ball could be just coincidence that all of Caroline's family are on holiday and Stephanie’s family are at the Olympics or it could be intentional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Has any announcement been made as to why Stephanie pulled out having been stated as attending? Although I think the comparison with the Grace years of the ball is perhaps becoming irrelevant, what I think is relevant is that members of the immediate family are turning up in less numbers, and I wonder why Caroline's family have never really attended. I know they support the Rose Ball, but the Red Cross Ball is meant to be THE event of the social calendar.

Princesses Caroline and Stephanie have been attending for many many years. It seems as if one sister attends, the other does not. This is work for them and now that Princess Charlene is in the family, the duties of the Princesses seemed to have changed a bit. As for the children of Princesses Caroline and Stephanie, perhaps attending these functions is not really that much fun, otherwise they might have been there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by memoo View Post
I think Princess Charlene looked very beautiful! And she and Prince Albert seem to be happy and content! However the ball is not the same without Princesses Caroline and Stephanie, esp Princess Caroline. She brings glamour to the ball. I know people will say, there is no longer a need for her to be there, since Charlene is now married Prince Albert. In response to that....then why are Elisabeth de Massy and her children there instead?!?!

Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie have, for decades, been the focal point of attention at various Monaco galas. It may be a relief to not have to attend. Keep in mind; it may not be that pleasant to be the center of attention at these events.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Maybe because they wanted to be there.

Exactly right, the Grimaldis that attended wanted to be there. Monaco's noble family usually does what they choose to do.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps this quote will help. "Caroline has said. " If I was to much of a presence, it would be ghastly for Albert's wife." Page 441 of Once Upon a Time Behind the Fairytale of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier by J Randy Taraborrelli.

Personally I'm not expecting to see Caroline or her children as much at these events.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:07 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Caroline and princess Stephanie do not like to attend to the balls.
Caroline attends the rose ball she is the patron of the rose ball, she attends the national gala at the national fest. She attends rarely at the balls in Monaco. She atttends no more at the gala of grand Prix where she went some years ago.
Stephanie attend to the fightaids balls and she does not attend other galas even the national ball.
I think it is not pleased to attend these balls without a partner and to be alone.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post

Thanks Melina, nice footage of them dancing. Was that a little kiss in there??

The dancing and kiss definitely was cute.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Commoner

I loved Charlenes dress, up close it was iridescent. Very pretty.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:33 AM
Royal Highness

other video of the gala

Old 07-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Aristocracy

Does anybody know when Red Cross Ball will happen this summer?
Old 07-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparent

One of the things I like about the Grimaldis is that there seems to be a pretty evenly balanced sharing of responsibilities. Caroline has her area of intellectual and artistic pursuits, Charlene's territory seems to be high fashion and sport. Both Caroline and Charlene espouse humanitarian causes. The Casiraghi and Ducruet offspring, along with Princess Stephanie, make periodic appearances to brighten things up. And of course Albert performs his regular duties as Head of State.

But unless it's a big, serious family occasion like a funeral or wedding they rarely if ever all appear at the same time.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
One of the things I like about the Grimaldis is that there seems to be a pretty evenly balanced sharing of responsibilities. Caroline has her area of intellectual and artistic pursuits, Charlene's territory seems to be high fashion and sport. Both Caroline and Charlene espouse humanitarian causes. The Casiraghi and Ducruet offspring, along with Princess Stephanie, make periodic appearances to brighten things up. And of course Albert performs his regular duties as Head of State.

But unless it's a big, serious family occasion like a funeral or wedding they rarely if ever all appear at the same time.
Red Cross Ball is an occasion whwre they all appear, I think.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:33 AM
Royal Highness

Stephanie hasn't attended the Red Cross Ball in recent years, and Caroline's children have yet to attend. The one occasion when everyone habitually attends is the National day celebrations in November.

This year's Red Cross Ball will be held on 2nd August.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Perhaps this quote will help. "Caroline has said. " If I was to much of a presence, it would be ghastly for Albert's wife." Page 441 of Once Upon a Time Behind the Fairytale of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier by J Randy Taraborrelli.

oh i saw that statement now.. after one year..!
what a snob quote of Caroline. Sorry, but something mean came out of it, IMHO.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Perhaps this quote will help. "Caroline has said. " If I was to much of a presence, it would be ghastly for Albert's wife." Page 441 of Once Upon a Time Behind the Fairytale of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier by J Randy Taraborrelli. Personally I'm not expecting to see Caroline or her children as much at these events.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
oh i saw that statement now.. after one year..! what a snob quote of Caroline. Sorry, but something mean came out of it, IMHO.
I take that quote as Princess Caroline thoughtful stepping aside for her new sister-in- law.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with Agogo. PC doesn't want to overshadow P. Charlene. It is thoughtful,not snobby.