The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Majesty

Red Cross Ball - August 1st, 2008

Post here news and pics about this years Red Cross Ball in Monaco.

Quote:
Held under the patronage of H.S.H. Prince Albert at the Sporting d'Eté Club in the Salle des Etoiles the first weekend of August. This annual fund-raiser brings out scores of international celebrities for a good cause. Elegantly prepared meals, top entertainers and a display of ballgowns that will dazzle you.
Monaco Official Site - Major Events

August 1st, 2008 GALA EVENING
Friday 1 August, Monte Carlo Sporting, at 8.30 pm : Monaco Red Cross Ball.

Have a look at previous Red Cross Threads:

Red Cross Ball 08-05-2005

Red Cross Ball - August 4th, 2006

Red Cross Ball - July 27th, 2007

or at the retrospective threads:

Part1 Part 2

And please remember the following:
  • Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
  • Remember to be respectful. Everyone has the right to express their views, but that needs to be done in a civil way.
Happy Posting!

Old 07-10-2008, 04:33 AM
Majesty

Press release

Friday 1st August 2008

Sixtieth Monaco Red Cross Ball
Garden-party in the gardens at the Sporting Monte-Carlo
&
Grand 60th Anniversary concert in the Salle des Étoiles:
“Bill Wyman presents a fabulous night of music from the 60’s”

Guests at this year’s Monaco Red Cross Ball are in for a truly remarkable evening. It will be a celebration of sixtyyears of activity by the Monegasque charity founded in 1948 by His Serene Highness Prince Louis II.
Under the presidency of His Serene Highness Prince Albert II, the ball will be held on Friday 1st August 2008 in truly exotic surroundings. Instead of the usual dinner-concert, diners will enjoy a seated al fresco dinner amongst the palm trees and flowers in the Sporting Monte-Carlo gardens, followed by a fabulous pop’n’rock concert in the Salle des Étoiles.

Guests will make their way along a pathway lined with flares to tables set in the gardens, in a chic and romantic setting reminiscent of the African lodges in Karen Blixen’s novels which inspired Sydney Pollack to create his masterpiece “Out of Africa”. Sheers, hangings, dais, teak furniture and candle jars are all a reminder of the nonchalance and elegance of soirées in colonial Kenya, when the balmy evening takes over from the blazing afternoon sun, stirring feelings and whetting the appetite. All the Monte-Carlo S.B.M. savoir-faire will come into its own for this special evening in order to offer each guest the very best in fine wining and dining.

Television presenter Frédérique Courtadon and rock music journalist Philippe Manoeuvre will be in charge of the tombola on a raised stage in the garden.

The evening will continue in the Salle des Étoiles at the Sporting Monte-Carlo with a show featuring music from the 1960s presented by Bill Wyman – The Rolling Stones’ legendary bass player. In the pure tradition of great rock concerts, it will be a case of standing room only. The world famous rock star and his band – The Rhythm Kings – will be joined by a plethora of international guest stars from the world of rock and chanson: Robin Gibb (The Bee Gees), Eddie Floyd, Mary Wilson (The Supremes), Donovan, Gary Brooker, Paulo Nutini, Francis Cabrel, Louis Bertignac (Téléphone), Georgie Fame and Albert Lee.
Harley Davidson motorcycles forming a guard of honour, a series of Gibson guitars and special lighting effects will bring to life the colours of the 1960s. Thanks to state-of-the-art LED technology, gigantic images will appear on
fabrics winding between the columns of the Salle des Étoiles. Before these spectacular animations come to life, the public will see a video clip retracing the actions of the Monaco Red Cross over the last sixty years.

DJ Akram 7-4-8 will keep everyone dancing, whilst – from beyond the arches - sumptuous fireworks will rise high into the skies from the sea.

The 2008 gala will be more astonishing than ever before in order to celebrate this anniversary in style... paying tribute to the success and longevity of the Monaco Red Cross.

Prices & Times
Dinner (not including drinks) and concert
20:30 - 1000 € all taxes included
Concert only
22:30 - 500 € all taxes included

Dress code / Dinner: Black tie / Concert: Casual chic, jackets obligatory.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks tbhrc for the information! It certainly will be a night to remember.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:07 AM
Serene Highness

Garden party. It is great idea, I guess Red Cross Ball has never been organized in gardens before. Lets hope that weather will be great too.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 07-16-2008, 12:08 AM
Courtier

This upcoming event should be fun and exciting what a way to throw a party.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 07-31-2008, 05:17 PM
Serene Highness

Tomorrow is the big day I hope we get plenty of beautiful Pictures
Old 07-31-2008, 08:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADKER18 View Post
Tomorrow is the big day I hope we get plenty of beautiful Pictures
I'm looking forward to pictures, too.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Royal Highness

Well as the evening approaches what do you all think are the chances of Charlotte attending her first Red Cross Ball, or an appearance from Stephanie?- I'm thinking as it's the sixtieth year & as there appears to be a significant effort to feature more guest artists & include some special features we may get a good turn out from the family. Here's hoping
Old 08-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Serene Highness

Stephanie should be their it is the rose ball she does not attend but she does attend the Red cross Ball .Charlotte I don't know it would be nice but I'm not getting my hopes up,although I also did not expect her to come to the circus festival this year so you never know .
Old 08-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Courtier

First pics of the Red Cross Ball

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Se...20Cross%20Ball#
Old 08-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Serene Highness

Monaco Red Cross Ball
MONTE CARLO, MONACO - AUGUST 01: (L-R) Princess Caroline of Hanover, Princess Stephanie of Monaco, Prince Ernst of Hanover, Charlene Wittstock and Prince Albert II of Monaco attend the 60th Monte Carlo Red Cross Ball on August 1, 2008 in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

*Pic1* *Pic2* *Pic3* *Pic4* *Charlene* *Charlene2*

*Caroline* *Pic5* *Pic6* *Pic7* *Pic8* *Pic9* *Pic10*

*Pic11* *Caroline2*
Old 08-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADKER18 View Post
Monaco Red Cross Ball
MONTE CARLO, MONACO - AUGUST 01: (L-R) Princess Caroline of Hanover, Princess Stephanie of Monaco, Prince Ernst of Hanover, Charlene Wittstock and Prince Albert II of Monaco attend the 60th Monte Carlo Red Cross Ball on August 1, 2008 in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

*Pic1* *Pic2* *Pic3* *Pic4* *Charlene* *Charlene2*

*Caroline* *Pic5* *Pic6* *Pic7* *Pic8*
I think they all look so lovely! Thank you both!
Too few pics of Stephanie so far however...

Looking forward to see more pictures. The Getty Images site is uploading more and more each minute.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Royal Highness

No Charlotte Not sure I like Stephanie wearing short/cocktail dress for this occasion but the colour is good. Quite like the shades in Charlene's gown but I'm not keen on the corsage or her hairstyle. Caroline appears to be playing safe, but I'm pleased she's not in black.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Aristocracy

Unhappy

i see more photo of charlene than anyone else where is stephanie,char,only one photo of caro,where are photo of the guests, anyway i see albert is wearing the same white suits he alway wear at all ball party maybe it is time for his to change.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Aristocracy

Location: Harrisburg (outside of Charlotte NC), United States
I love everyone's outfits!! COLOR, COLOR, COLOR!!! Yeah, none of the women are wearing black and/or white!!! They all look beautiful!!
Old 08-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Albert II of Monaco and former South African athlete Charlene Wittstock (L) and princess Stephanie of Monaco (R) arrive to attend the yearly Red Cross Gala, on August 1, 2008 in Monaco, southeastern France. Created in 1948, the Gala is an annual fundraiser held in Monaco by its Princely Family during the summer. AFP PHOTO VALERY HACHE

*Pic1* *Pic2* *Pic3* *Pic4*

*Group Photo* *Group Photo2* *Group Photo3* *Group Photo4*

I like Stephanie's short dress she has the legs for it .Love the color all the women are wearing
Old 08-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Aristocracy

Purple is so Caroline's color! She looks absolutely exquisite!! I love Stephanie short dress, very cute for summer. And Charlene...BRAVO! She looks every inch the future princess tonight! The hair, makeup and the dress look perfect!
Old 08-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Serene Highness

Monaco Red Cross Ball
MONTE CARLO, MONACO - AUGUST 01: (L-R) Princess Caroline of Hanover, Prince Ernst of Hanover, Charlene Wittstock, Prince Albert II of Monaco and Princess Stephanie of Monaco attend the 60th Monte Carlo Red Cross Ball on August 1, 2008 in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

*Pic1* *Pic2* *Pic3* *Pic4* *Pic5*
Old 08-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Royal Highness

Who is the young lady in green in pic 2 ?- I think thiswould be another lovely gown to admire if we could see the total effect
Old 08-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Aristocracy

I believe it is Melanie in the green dress-Elisabeth's daughter