Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2019, 2021 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope Albert and Stephanie Dance together tonight

IMO Caroline's dress is shapeless and looks like a nightdress and Stephanie's looks like a little girl's party dress, someone should tell her that spaghetti straps and big muscular shoulders just don't work together. Charlene's is nice if a little tacky looking around the bust and I don't like the big flower.

seems like charlene is wearing ralph lauren SS 08 modified

here

elle.Fr

I wonder why she feels the need to recently modify her clothes or put emphasis on such clothes that reveal more about her decollete than most people want to see.

i think that it is interesting to note that the first year that Charlene attended she walked in a good bit behind the royal family, then last year she walked and stood with Caroline and Stephanie but this year she walked in front with Albert - each year she has made a progression to be futher integrated into the family lets hope next year that progression will be as Alberts wife

Interesting dress choices for the Croix-Rouge ball indeed :lol: May I perhaps say that Princess Caroline looks like she turned up in one of her very fancy nightgowns, and Charlene... Welll the dress is quite nice, the makeup and hair is quite horrible though - too much.

i think that it is interesting to note that the first year that Charlene attended she walked in a good bit behind the royal family, then last year she walked and stood with Caroline and Stephanie but this year she walked in front with Albert - each year she has made a progression to be futher integrated into the family lets hope next year that progression will be as Alberts wife

Interesting point. I did not think about that until you mentioned it! It was kind of strange to see her walking in front of Princess Caroline. I guess I will always see Princess Caroline as the first lady of Monaco. But don't get me wrong....I really like Charlene and hopes she becomes a part of the Royal Family, officially, very soon!

I wonder why she feels the need to recently modify her clothes or put emphasis on such clothes that reveal more about her decollete than most people want to see.
yes i agree with your post because at getty image photo you can see her breast is almost fall out of the dress,itoo wonder why see never wear fully cover but chic dress,but it seems she want to expose herself more and it is starting to give the people wrong ideas about her characters.:nonono::nonono:

Caroline looks the best! That color is great on her. I think its Chanel even though that color isn't typical of Chanel. I would like Charlene's dress without the huge flower. I don't like Stephanie's dress at all...seems like something more appropriate for a pre-teen.
Its a shame the Casiraghi's didn't attend.

Edit: I lied, she's wearing Alberta Ferretti; the only other designer I've ever seen her wear!
http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/S2008RTW/AFERRETT/RUNWAY/00110m.jpg
style.com

she only walk in front because it look like they all walk in line and i think the places was different from last time look at the photo again, she and albert walk ahead from the rest,she is till behind in some photo???:whistling:

I Love the dress Melanie wore tonight perfect shades of green she looked beautiful in it as well.

Charlene looks absolutely stunning!! Not sure about the huge flower but other than that, she looks wonderful. Caroline also looks beautiful, I love that color on her and those earrings. Stephanie, I love the color but the top of it looks too tight and her hair is pulled back to tight and severe. All three looked good, I am not a Charlene fan but I thought she looked the best. No Chris Levine this year???

Charlene's face and hair are beyond gorgeous but I don't think I like that gown. I keep wanted to snatch that thing off at the top of the halter...who created this getup for her??

She was perfect last year.

Oh for goodness sake!! Couldn't Bill Wyman buy a tux with all his millions?? And couldn't his wife get a professional to do her make up instead of looking like a hippie??

(Am I sounding too much like BeatrixFan here?? :ermm: )

I thought that Charlene was amazing --- everything - the short brushed back hair, the muted colors in the make-up, the fabulous gown --- she looked classy and gorgeous.
Caroline looked sun-burned and so the purple gown clashed with her red skin. She should have ditched the necklace as it was too much with the huuuuge earrings and diamante shoulder straps on her gown. On its own, I loved the dress. And I wish that Caroline would dress up her hair a bit for the gala events.
Stephanie, Stephanie, --- let's grow up. The ponytail is OK if you just condition your hair so that it is shiny and healthy looking and not cooked by too much sun. The dress ia adorable - and that's just it - adorable for an 18-year old or to wear to a cocktail party and not a gala event. Memories of photos of a teen-aged Stephanie at a gala event with Rainier and Grace and Stepahnie wore the same type of dress, same pony-tail.
Stephanie is locked into Teenager Land and needs to mature. With her leathery over-tanned skin, she has morphed into a wrinklely mess wearing rocker clothes most of the time. It's as if Stephanie stopped maturing the day Grace died and has been stuck at age 18 ever since.

Anybody besides me think that Ivana looks like a train wreck?? And I do admire the woman for everything she's done.

Anybody besides me think that Ivana looks like a train wreck?? And I do admire the woman for everything she's done.
I agree with you. She does not have the body for that style of dress. Her back and arms really give away her age. She has really aged, she used to look so good, but alas, we all age sooner or later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlene: Love the dress; hate the corsage!

Both Prince Albert II of Monaco and Prince Ernest-August of Hanover looked nice in their tuxs.Caroline looked much better at this ball then the previous one and I like the color of Stephanie's dress but I don't like the style of the dress.And finally Charlene looked wonderful too but that huge flower on her dress takes the beauty of the dress.

I did not see Chris Levine there or Carl Lagerfield. He is always there every year with those goofy sunglasses on. Also, I think this is the first year at the ball that Charlene wasn't trying so hard to morph herself into another Grace Kelly.

Does anyone know who Albert danced with to open the ball? That's a tell tale sign, in my opinion.:wub:

Charlene's dress is starting to morph into a much more elegant style. Albert needs to get her a stylist who could have cut that flower off.:whistling:

I loved Melanie's dress, wish there were better photos of it...Caroline always looks nice, I just wish her dress had been a bit better fitting. Stephanie, sigh. She's still being a bit of a wild child...

Here are some pics of the decoration, the dinner tables and so on..
Must have been a great and kind of romantic atmosphere with the
lights, the warm summer night..:)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Sorry if it was posted before but where did it take place, it´s the first time they are outside. The women look beautiful. I don´t know if a short dress is appropriate but it´s lovely.

I thought Charlene looked lovely..........until I saw the bottom of her gown. I think it'd be much prettier if it was just ivory. I do like that Stephanie & Caroline wore vibrant colors - It was great for the theme and setting, but I don't think they looked as nice as Charlene. And I'm disappointed the younger set isn't there.

IMO Caroline's dress is shapeless and looks like a nightdress and Stephanie's looks like a little girl's party dress, someone should tell her that spaghetti straps and big muscular shoulders just don't work together. Charlene's is nice if a little tacky looking around the bust and I don't like the big flower.

IMO you hit the nail on the head! I think, however, that Caroline still is far and away the most beautiful and elegant of this three ladies, despite the shapeless dress (great colour though). Strange choice again. Is she losing her dress sense or is is just more difficult when you get older?

seems like charlene is wearing ralph lauren SS 08 modified

here

elle.Fr
Very little resemblance between Charlene's dress and the Ralph Lauren's.

Charlene's dress is very feminine and suitable for a summer evening event. She is tall and broadshouldered and the top very nicely counteracts that.

Prince Serge and Prince Eleonora of Yugoslavia was also in attendance, maybe someone has seen a pic of them?

Back
Top Bottom