BelgaPicture - Category details

Old 08-02-2008, 01:29 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some pics of the decoration, the dinner tables and so on..
Must have been a great and kind of romantic atmosphere with the
lights, the warm summer night..

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Old 08-02-2008, 01:38 AM
Serene Highness

Sorry if it was posted before but where did it take place, it´s the first time they are outside. The women look beautiful. I don´t know if a short dress is appropriate but it´s lovely.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:44 AM
Royal Highness

I thought Charlene looked lovely..........until I saw the bottom of her gown. I think it'd be much prettier if it was just ivory. I do like that Stephanie & Caroline wore vibrant colors - It was great for the theme and setting, but I don't think they looked as nice as Charlene. And I'm disappointed the younger set isn't there.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:46 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
IMO Caroline's dress is shapeless and looks like a nightdress and Stephanie's looks like a little girl's party dress, someone should tell her that spaghetti straps and big muscular shoulders just don't work together. Charlene's is nice if a little tacky looking around the bust and I don't like the big flower.
IMO you hit the nail on the head! I think, however, that Caroline still is far and away the most beautiful and elegant of this three ladies, despite the shapeless dress (great colour though). Strange choice again. Is she losing her dress sense or is is just more difficult when you get older?
Old 08-02-2008, 02:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoduck View Post
seems like charlene is wearing ralph lauren SS 08 modified

here

elle.Fr
Very little resemblance between Charlene's dress and the Ralph Lauren's.

Charlene's dress is very feminine and suitable for a summer evening event. She is tall and broadshouldered and the top very nicely counteracts that.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Serge and Prince Eleonora of Yugoslavia was also in attendance, maybe someone has seen a pic of them?
Old 08-02-2008, 08:14 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

I love the colors ! So summer night on the French Riviera ! It does illuminate the night! That purple looks great on Caroline, and I like the Greek goddess or softened column style on her. If she had some unwanted extra flesh she didn't want to attract attention to, (not that I am suggesting she did), it was a perfect choice. Is it my imagination or is Charlene's bust a bit more ample than usual ? It seems to strain on both sides of her body, maybe it's just the style or the dress is a bit too tight. But I like the cascade of colors toward the bottom, it is festive and evokes those toys children use in the evening at fairs, I forget their name. The orange on Stephanie fits the general mood, nice coordination of colors, ladies, but Stephanie, how can you let yourself get so tanned ? It is no longer attractive at your age !
Old 08-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Aristocracy

Charlene looked beautiful, she must, now, have a professional stylist. I think we'll see an engagement in the very near future.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Aristocracy

Location: Harrisburg (outside of Charlotte NC), United States
I wonder why no one has posted pictures of Caroline at the dinner table or anyone dancing......
Old 08-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think some of the guests heard it was being held outdoors and neglected to wear jackets that matched the pants or a tie.
Ivana is getting too long on the tooth for those revealing gowns.
Charlene was too revealing again, between the flower up front, the plunging neckline I was distracted till I saw the bottom of her skirt. What was that all about?
Caroline manages to look glamorous even wearing a sack like that dress. Stephanie looked girlish and fresh.........what a party!
Old 08-02-2008, 08:37 AM
Majesty

Some articles:

Prince Albert and Charlene lead colourful guests at Monaco ball

Flanked by his two sisters Stephanie and Caroline, Prince Albert of Monaco led the colourful procession of guests attending the principality's Red Cross Ball.

CHARLENE WITTSTOCK BRILLA CON LUZ PROPIA EN EL BAILE DE LA CRUZ ROJA DE MÓNACO

Translated version

Fürst Albert und Charlene Wittstock auf dem Rotkreuzball in Monaco - Bild.de

Translated version
Old 08-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Gentry

Charlene intergration

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
i think that it is interesting to note that the first year that Charlene attended she walked in a good bit behind the royal family, then last year she walked and stood with Caroline and Stephanie but this year she walked in front with Albert - each year she has made a progression to be futher integrated into the family lets hope next year that progression will be as Alberts wife
i totally agree - it very much looks like they are slowly introducing her to society etc. - there has been big changes!
Old 08-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Aristocracy

charlene and albert

I find it interesting that the photos taken by Getty Images seem to announce Charlene. Does someone from the palace tell the photographers whom to shoot? They even shot her placement card at the table. It looks like a coming out, recognition party for her. Obviously, by the photo's, by her change of appearance over time there will be an announcement made.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Gentry

Angela wrote: IMO Caroline's dress is shapeless and looks like a nightdress and Stephanie's looks like a little girl's party dress, someone should tell her that spaghetti straps and big muscular shoulders just don't work together. Charlene's is nice if a little tacky looking around the bust and I don't like the big flower.

Ah, Ladies, I, Johnnie Rotten, just love critiquing women's fashions! LOL. It's fun!

I agree 100% with Angela. The colour Caroline chose is rather beautiful and flattering for her, but the pattern/design? Egads! Nightdress is what I was thinking, too. Plus, her shoulder straps looked weird - asymetrical, what with the 2 colour/2 strap thing going on. All she needed to complete her nighty-night ensemble was curlers in her hair and a cup of Ovaltine.

Stephanie's dress: Orange? BRIGHT orange?? Wrong, wrong, wrong. And the horrible pattern at the bottom of it? It looks as if a high school home economics-sewing student put her dress together. And wearing a short skirty dress to a function such as this? Oh, someone call the Riviera fashion police! The woman looked like an orange popsicle with chocolate inside (her way-too-dark suntan).

Charlene? Angela hit the nail on the head. That big poofy flower? The weird colour thing going on at the bottom of her gown? Plus, the design of the upper portion of her gown only accentuated her huge shoulders.
Oh, somebody call Vera Wang!

And, *sigh*, I really wish somebody would advise Albert on how to dress.
I mean, with all the great Italian designers - Valentino, Versace, etc., he could actaully look decent with a great, dark designer dud suit. His on-going 'Mr. Penguin' look is getting tired.

And, correct me if I am wrong here, but for a function such as the Red Cross Gala, the table settings and wooden chairs, to me, anyway, looked a tad, well, understated for an event of this calibre. Mind you, the outdoor setting and landscape was rather nice.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Aristocracy

^^ Haha, Mr. Penguin was funny :)

IMO, everyone looked good, but Charlene should fire her stylist or whatever.

Is there any video of the event?
Old 08-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine10 View Post
I find it interesting that the photos taken by Getty Images seem to announce Charlene. Does someone from the palace tell the photographers whom to shoot? They even shot her placement card at the table. It looks like a coming out, recognition party for her. Obviously, by the photo's, by her change of appearance over time there will be an announcement made.
agree because from what i can see this is more of charlene comming out party ball than for charity, the media and everyone else have made it her night, she got more photo coverages than anyone else the reason for this party is being over shadow, i don't this is what caro wanted when she pick up the newspapper or watch the news about it.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Gentry

Melanie's gown, from what I could see of it - not much - did in fact look quite nice with beautiful colours.

Hmmm, the more I observe Stephanie's dress, the more I want to tear it off her. I'm sorry, folks, but it's just plain hideous. The fabric looks too shiny/cheap, and again, that horrible print at the bottom of it and the too-thin spaghetti shoulder straps make this dress a very poor choice. From what I understand, they played 1960's music at this Ball, and from the looks of it, Stephanie's dress is recycled from 1960's curtains.

Charlene's dress looks too....'done up'. Do you know what I mean? It's too busy and fussy. When will women learn that less is more?

If only more women would listen to men and take OUR advice as to what to wear. Many of we men have great taste in clothes.

That's IT? These are the only photos of the Red Cross Ball??? No other dinner or dancing photos? Hmm, it would seem that the non-presence of Charlotte and her siblings means less interest in these events? That's too bad. Or, I guess interest in this particular event on this forum has diminished?
Old 08-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

I loved what Caroline wore. Charlene's dress was nice but I would have liked it more if her breasts hadn't been showing in front and on the sides. The lavender actually added to the dress keeping it from being ordinary as adding the flower most don't like. She's only been in Monaco full-time for a year. I think she is trying to find her own fashion style like Princess Diana did. As far as the hair the first thing I thought of was Diana when she wore that slicked back style to some event. I wish Charlene would add some bangs and a style that softens her features.