The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Red Cross Ball - August 1, 2014

This is the thread dedicated to the Red Cross Ball 2014.

It will take place on Friday, August 1, 2014 at 8.30 pm at the Monte-Carlo Sporting Club.

The thread will be opened as soon as the event approaches!

Enjoy and happy posting!

Old 07-21-2014, 05:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

The announce of the Red Cross Gala in the presence of Prince Albert and Princess Charlene is published by the SBM

Diana Krall - Gala de la Croix-Rouge Monégasque 2014

Old 07-21-2014, 08:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I already suspected that Charlene would be there when I read about a south african band! :-)
Old 07-28-2014, 09:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

As the thread of the red cross gala 014 is closed, I publish the annonce of the gala given to day by the palace on the official site of the palace

the gala will take place on friday august 1st 2014

Palais Princier de Monaco

the palace announces the presences of Prince Albert and Princess Charlene
Old 08-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

We will be able to watch the gala online?
Old 08-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Do any other members of the Monegasque Princely Family normally attend other than The Prince & Princess?
Old 08-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

For the good understanding: the Red Cross Ball is no state event, is not organized by the palais princier, etc. Princess Caroline is president of the Croix Rouge Monegasque and therefore is the main person at these balls. Naturally often members of the famille princier do give acte de presence. That is it. People tend to make more of this Red Cross Ball (Charlène should wear diadems and sashes) but it is only a posh charity ball.

In my logic: donate to the Red Cross, if you want. But no, a venue has to be chosen, a special theme, all riches and nouveaux-riches are invited to for a diner larded with the best champagne and caviar and, oh yes, please.... would you be so kind to donate something?

Old 08-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Courtier

I think P Albert is President of the Croix Rouge Monegasque? But you are right, it's an important society event, not a state function and there won't be live coverage. The best we can do is hope for some wonderful pics...
Old 08-01-2014, 01:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Do any other members of the Monegasque Princely Family normally attend other than The Prince & Princess?
Princess Caroline attended last year.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
For the good understanding: the Red Cross Ball is no state event, is not organized by the palais princier, etc. Princess Caroline is president of the Croix Rouge Monegasque and therefore is the main person at these balls. Naturally often members of the famille princier do give acte de presence. That is it. People tend to make more of this Red Cross Ball (Charlène should wear diadems and sashes) but it is only a posh charity ball.

In my logic: donate to the Red Cross, if you want. But no, a venue has to be chosen, a special theme, all riches and nouveaux-riches are invited to for a diner larded with the best champagne and caviar and, oh yes, please.... would you be so kind to donate something?

Anyone can go to this as long as they are willing to spend EUR1000 a placesetting, according to the Bal's website. I would imagine tickets would be snapped up instantly as there does not seem that much else to do in Monaco, plus you get to hear Diana Krall perform!
Old 08-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Courtier

Prince Albert is the President and Princess Caroline had been absent a few times in recent years but Princess Stephanie has attended. Princess Caroline takes charge of the Rose Ball usually. Although I hope that they all turn up I'm not holding my breath. 😯
Old 08-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Royal Highness

I so hope P. Caroline will attend this year...
Old 08-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Royal Highness

The brothers Casiraghi also must go.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

First pics, from the decorations. This gallery will be updated during the evening.
Getty Images FI MCO 66th Monaco Red Cross Ball Gala

From the Twitter of Joelle Deviras, a journalist in NiceMatin
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt-a1n6CMAAozlM.jpg
Old 08-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
Prince Albert is the President and Princess Caroline had been absent a few times in recent years but Princess Stephanie has attended. Princess Caroline takes charge of the Rose Ball usually. Although I hope that they all turn up I'm not holding my breath. 😯

It's quite a few years since Stephanie attended. I would be surprised if she does this year.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is not Princess Caroline who is the president of the Red Cross of Monaco, it is her brother who is the president of the red cross and since the death of Her mother, he received the presidence of the Red Cross and now, it is Prince Albert who is the main person of this gala with the Princess charlene and not Princess caroline.
Princess caroline is the presidente of the AMADE and the president of the rose Ball. She did not attend the red cross gala in 2009, 2010, 2012.

Red Cross gala is as the big charities gala in monaco, everybody could come if he could pay a lot of money but everybody could not come , it is the Red Cross and of course the palace which decide if those persons may come, it they say no, they could not come.
Andréa , Charlotte and Pierre did not use to be present at the Red Cross gala , Princess Stéphanie was not present in the years 2012 and 2013, Princess caroline was present to the red cross gala in 2013, She may be present this year.
The palace did announced her presence last year but she was present, this year, it is only the presences of Prince Albert and Princess charlene who are announced but perhaps, Caroline will be present with other persons of the family. as the cousins de Massy. and surprise other members of the family Casiraghi.
It is the most important gala of the year and it is Albert who chooses the singers who will sing at this gala.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Serene Highness

Just to end the discussion about who the President is:

Croix Rouge Monégasque :: Le Mot du Président
Old 08-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Red Cross gala is as the big charities gala in monaco, everybody could come if he could pay a lot of money but everybody could not come , it is the Red Cross and of course the palace which decide if those persons may come, it they say no, they could not come.
Andréa , Charlotte and Pierre did not use to be present at the Red Cross gala , Princess Stéphanie was not present in the years 2012 and 2013, Princess caroline was present to the red cross gala in 2013, She may be present this year.
The palace did announced her presence last year but she was present, this year, it is only the presences of Prince Albert and Princess charlene who are announced but perhaps, Caroline will be present with other persons of the family. as the cousins de Massy. and surprise other members of the family Casiraghi.
It is the most important gala of the year and it is Albert who chooses the singers who will sing at this gala.
Thank you! This makes the gala's importance very clear, in that it is the Palais princier who pulls the strings!
Old 08-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Courtier

It's only the last two Stephanie hasn't attended. Maybe she's happier to step back now Charlene is the First Lady and more settled. I know these big shindigs are not Stephanie's favourite past-time. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the dresses
Old 08-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Gosh she looks stunning! But in black :-(