Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2019, 2021 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I stand corrected, Princess Caroline is president of the Princess Grace Foundation. The revenues of the Rose Ball (organized by the Groupe SBM) go to that foundation. The Monegasque Red Cross is presided by Prince Albert. The revenues of this Red Cross Ball go to the Red Cross.

So let us hope that after all the bottles of Moët & Chandon and the tins with Beluga Caviar, the Red Cross can enjoy a nice revenue. Better than nothing.

:ermm:

:flowers:

It's a costume jeweled headband - I love it. Letizia had one the other day - much smaller, worn with day wear (little Sofia has one too for the abdication). It's fun, and I hope they make a comeback - reminds me of the headbands of the 1920's - it would be fun if they come back too.

It's a costume jeweled headband - I love it. Letizia had one the other day - much smaller, worn with day wear (little Sofia has one too for the abdication). It's fun, and I hope they make a comeback - reminds me of the headbands of the 1920's - it would be fun if they come back too.

Oh, I remember Letizia's. It had tiny stars, mirroring her star earrings. Charlenes's seems to be a floral theme.

If it is fake jewelry then it is a pity because the maison princier has enough of the real stuff.

Charlene is stunning with this dress, her jewels are beautiful not too more but enough. for the gala.

Glad to see her there, in particular because she does seem to feel better than a couple of weeks ago, hope to see more photos, are no other relatives present of the Monaco princely family?
(oh, and glad to *finally* see some more jewelry ;) if headbands are her thing (probably easier to wear than tiaras) than P.Albert should buy her loads of those ;)
even if it's a bit "girly" for this event imo)

Last edited:
Charlene looks fabulous, but I want Ingrid von Bergen's dress.

If it is fake jewelry then it is a pity because the maison princier has enough of the real stuff.

I would be surprised if the hair piece is costume jewellery.
I'm struck by Charlene's composure in all the pictures. She has really grown into her role and is every inch the First Lady of Monaco.
What a shame so few of the princely family are in attendance this year. It doesn't help the image of the Ball as the most important social function of the year.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

She looks absolutely amazing. And if her hair ornament is paste, I'll eat my sandals!:lol:

^^They don't usually attend this ball, do they?

:previous:

I couldn't remember. They go is to the dance of the rose.

: Flores:

The siblings all have their own galas: PA the Red Cross, PCaroline the Rose Ball and PS the Aids gala.

And now Princess Charlene has also her own gala the Monaa gala which is also a big charity event in the year.

For the good understanding: the Red Cross Ball is no state event, is not organized by the palais princier, etc. Princess Caroline is president of the Croix Rouge Monegasque and therefore is the main person at these balls. Naturally often members of the famille princier do give acte de presence. That is it. People tend to make more of this Red Cross Ball (Charlène should wear diadems and sashes) but it is only a posh charity ball.

In my logic: donate to the Red Cross, if you want. But no, a venue has to be chosen, a special theme, all riches and nouveaux-riches are invited to for a diner larded with the best champagne and caviar and, oh yes, please.... would you be so kind to donate something?

:ohmy:

I stand corrected, Princess Caroline is president of the Princess Grace Foundation. The revenues of the Rose Ball (organized by the Groupe SBM) go to that foundation. The Monegasque Red Cross is presided by Prince Albert. The revenues of this Red Cross Ball go to the Red Cross.

So let us hope that after all the bottles of Moët & Chandon and the tins with Beluga Caviar, the Red Cross can enjoy a nice revenue. Better than nothing.

:ermm:

I don't know Duc, but it seems to me you are definitely on the wrong thread. You do not seem to approve of Prince Albert or Princess Charlene and you are caustic in your sniping about the Red Cross Ball. Might I suggest you skip this thread and leave it to those who enjoy it.

And, strangely enough, Charities such as the Red Cross enjoy quite a rise in revenue around fundraisers like the Red Cross Ball because surprise, surprise, it's the "Celebrity" effect. People like to give to the same charities as their friends and fans of various celebrities like to immitate them. It's a weird old world but that's how it turns!

What can I say? I loved every bit of Charlene's look! One of her best:flowers:

Albert and she looked very happy:twohearts:

Back
Top Bottom