The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

And now Princess Charlene has also her own gala the Monaa gala which is also a big charity event in the year.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Other photos from
the palace

https://www.facebook.com/palaismonaco
Old 08-02-2014, 05:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
In the picture in the article, Charlene is very beautiful. Can't praise her enough. Lovely.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...16_634x830.jpg
it sounds odd but in this picture Charlene reminds me of Stephanie, the way she looks/facial expression.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
For the good understanding: the Red Cross Ball is no state event, is not organized by the palais princier, etc. Princess Caroline is president of the Croix Rouge Monegasque and therefore is the main person at these balls. Naturally often members of the famille princier do give acte de presence. That is it. People tend to make more of this Red Cross Ball (Charlène should wear diadems and sashes) but it is only a posh charity ball.

In my logic: donate to the Red Cross, if you want. But no, a venue has to be chosen, a special theme, all riches and nouveaux-riches are invited to for a diner larded with the best champagne and caviar and, oh yes, please.... would you be so kind to donate something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I stand corrected, Princess Caroline is president of the Princess Grace Foundation. The revenues of the Rose Ball (organized by the Groupe SBM) go to that foundation. The Monegasque Red Cross is presided by Prince Albert. The revenues of this Red Cross Ball go to the Red Cross.

So let us hope that after all the bottles of Moët & Chandon and the tins with Beluga Caviar, the Red Cross can enjoy a nice revenue. Better than nothing.

I don't know Duc, but it seems to me you are definitely on the wrong thread. You do not seem to approve of Prince Albert or Princess Charlene and you are caustic in your sniping about the Red Cross Ball. Might I suggest you skip this thread and leave it to those who enjoy it.

And, strangely enough, Charities such as the Red Cross enjoy quite a rise in revenue around fundraisers like the Red Cross Ball because surprise, surprise, it's the "Celebrity" effect. People like to give to the same charities as their friends and fans of various celebrities like to immitate them. It's a weird old world but that's how it turns!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:10 AM
Courtier

Charlene looks stunning! Who is the deseigner of the dress?)

http://vsemogutkoroli.blogspot.com/
Old 08-02-2014, 07:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

The designer of the dress is Dior

Other photos taken during the gala

Reines & Princesses: Bal de la Croix Rouge, Monaco
Old 08-02-2014, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Dame Shirley Bassey attended the Red Cross Ball last night

Shirley Bassey attends the 66th Monaco Red Cross Ball Gala at... News Photo 453033754 | Getty Images

TRH The Duke & Duchess of Castro

Duke Of Castro and Princess Camilla Duchess Of Castro attend the 66th... News Photo 453034238 | Getty Images
Old 08-02-2014, 08:37 AM
Heir Apparent

What can I say? I loved every bit of Charlene's look! One of her best

Albert and she looked very happy
Old 08-02-2014, 08:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Other photos taken during the gala

Reines & Princesses: Bal de la Croix Rouge, Monaco
More detail with these pictures. The back of the dress is truly splendid in effect. The pictures as a whole don't do the dress justice. The blue is a a very beautiful deep royal blue with a sheen. The whole effect must have been stunning in person. Lovely.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Someone asked about past additional family attendance at the Red Cross Ball. Getty shows the following:
2013 - Caroline was there
2012 - no one
2011 - Caroline and Stephanie
2010 - Caroline and Stephanie
2009 - Stephanie
2008 - Stephanie and Caroline
2007 - Stephanie and Caroline
2006 - Stephanie and Caroline
2005 - Stephanie and Caroline (before Charlene)

I admit, others may have been there, but I took the lazy way out and just referred to the PEOPLE listed for the search results at Getty. But the general answer is that Caroline and Stephanie have generally attended.
And it was fun to look at how past fashion choices hold up in the light of several years passing.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

a video on the gala of this year

Charlène de Monaco enceinte au gala de la Croix-Rouge monégasque - Infos - Replay
Old 08-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
it was fun to look at how past fashion choices hold up in the light of several years passing.
Care to share? Not just pictures but your observations?
Old 08-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Aristocracy

The pics are undoubtedly the most beautiful I have ever seen of this couple - and I am a fan of this couple - but these pics are simply lovely. Charlene is stunning First Lady of Monaco and she and Albert look really happy and in love - joy to see them!
Old 08-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Courtier

Thanks, melina premiere, for that short, but nice, video. They do seem close and very happy, as other posters have noted. Always nice to see moving pics. Also shows a little of them dancing. Hope there will be more videos soon.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 08-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Care to share? Not just pictures but your observations?
If you call up Getty and search on Red Cross Ball you get this: Search - Getty Images UK: red cross ball

On the right - you can search over the years by person. Take a look. Shirley Bassey always looks good. There are old Princess Grace photos! You can check out Stephanie or Charlene over the years. It's kinda fun!

It used to be a bigger international deal than it seems to be today (I'm guessing the economic bust helped with this).

It seems less a big deal than the Rose Ball, with less "fancy" fashion. Anyway - it was nice to see Liz Taylor from back in the day!
Old 08-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks stunning, as I said, but her fuller face makes her look soft and very beautiful. She is looks better pregnant.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

There is a softness on her face, she looks really happy !
Old 08-03-2014, 06:08 AM
Serene Highness

Charlene is very beautiful! And now with her pregnancy she will much sweeter! Lovely!